Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭ThePott

Surprised they're pulling the trigger on Swerve/Ospreay so quickly. Thought that might be our All In match. Don't think it's time for Swerve to lose yet but also giving Will his first loss is surprising. Intriguing. Trent and Kris Statlander's new gimmicks look promising.

Outside of that I'm mostly gripes this week. I still have no understanding how people can find the Jericho stuff entertaining. Moxley should be squashing the likes of Rocky Romero. AEW's 50/50 booking sometimes is just dumb.

Where the Best Wrestle reminds me of when DJ Khaled says "We the Best Music". Like if you have to keep saying it then it's probably not true🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I suspect this will become a three way match by the end of the month. If we find out next week that Christian is still feuding with Swerve, I wouldn't be surprised if he is stuck in the match. That way Swerve can pin him and keep Osprey loss free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's got a bang of "Where the big boys play", and we know how that went.

Was away at the weekend and was having a look at what happened on Collision.

Why is Roderick Strong getting a title match? Doesn't make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Other wrestlers should take note; shout at Tony and you can get a title shot, even if you are as beige as Roderick Strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mina is Awesome, Her match against Toni at Fobidden Door should be a banger

Seriously. Considering the match stipulation was; it could end at any time regardless of if all the entrants are in the ring. Basically anyone who didn't get to enter the match could argue for a title shot. Are they quietly retiring the rankings again or are they just not using them?

I also don't get why Roddy just gets an actual title match, why is it not a championship eliminator match (which I can't stand either) but at least it would make more sense. That match type is dumb, it was dumb when WWE were doing them as Championship Contender matches too. They're very inconsistent with this match type.

I'm just not sure what the logic of booking this match was.

It's probably something about giving numbers to Swerve's reign, like X defences or whatever, because I don't see him being a long-term champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Not only that but it killed Daniels interim EVP character too when they just skip him to go to Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Cope had successful surgery and 12 hours later he is back in home gym training.

Regards,

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,122 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God I love this man

One of the best signings in AEW short history for me

AEW: Fight Forever is now free on PS Plus for this month for those who held off on buying it.

AEW really do these videos well

• Registered Users Posts: 31,538 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I think from the moment Mariah May appeared as this wide eyed Toni-fan, the only way the 'Timeless' story could go is for it to play out like All About Eve (made all the more suitable by it being in black and white). The older star being fan-girled by this young thing, who slowly burrows her way into her life, and starts taking over everything she has. Things like Mariah coming out in Toni's old outfits, to Toni's old music are great steps in this direction. Playing it as a great long game so far - though it does remove jeopardy from all Toni's fights in the mean time, as no one is going to take that belt off her except Mariah.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mariah vs Toni at All In would be great for Mariah to take the title. After that you could have Toni have a breakdown and evolve the character

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just waiting for the Mariah on a pole match between Toni and Mina.

This is really cool

Regards,

P.

HLA in 2024. Bold move, Cotton…

Progress Wrestling’s Tate Mayfairs is on the show tonight taking on Daniel Garcia. So many wrestling promotions getting spotlighted by AEW on there TV shows

Regards,

P.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Any word on when Jamie Hatter comes back?

Also where is Britt Baker? I haven't been following much lately, is she around at all?

• Advertisement

Britt has been recovering from a bad back injury, Tony said he would like to have her back soon.

Tony said last week the timetable on Jamie returning from her injury is still pending.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was holding Britt off and bringing them both back together

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yeah that would make sense.. there's not really a place for her at the moment at either title level until the current stories play out, better to go with a Britt/Jamie feud

Ospreay vs. Rey Fenix announced for Dynamite another potential 5 star banger on the cards.

It's great to see Rey back again and boy he looks in great shape, probably the best shape I've seen him in

Dax out injured with a Lower back injury no timeline for his return.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That's a pity but tbh FTR have been giving it 100% for about two plus years. Hopefully he's not out too long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Really enjoyed that Dynamite, it flew by. More wrestling and less convoluted story stuff will always work for me.

Fenix/Ospreay and the six man were great, also really cool to see Zeuxis on the show, her and Mone had a good match.

Also Shingo in the Owen is class, hope he goes far. Danielson, PAC and Shingo is some first three to announce for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who would be legit contenders for the tag titles?

• Advertisement

This felt like one of the better Dynamites in recent memory for me.

Really enjoying the Hook/Joe/Shibata pairing as random as it is. Mark Briscoe's promo was so damn entertaining and if he did that every week he'd be the most over thing on the roster.

Jericho segments still suck, although it's nice that Private Party actually have something to do and Bryan Keith's role is pretty funny.

The main event match was really solid and a serious shout to production for capturing the whole stare down between Will and Strickland where he said it was his house (and for capturing his reaction at the end). The intense end segment was great too. Even though I think it seems very likely that Ospreay isn't winning now that they've teased it so far, Callis family to cost him?

Advertisement