Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options
1556557558559560562»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Strong Dynamite on the whole.

The hour long match was outstanding, MJF can be boring in the ring at time imo, but he can absolutely put it up with the best in the world when he needs to. I have a few minor quibbles; it felt a bit long and that inevitably leads to kick outs of big moves or no-sells which I'm not a lover of. The only other minor nitpick I have and it's something of a constant in AEW and I know they say ref's discretion but I just find that a dumb caveat, it also lessens the impact of the rules actually broken as they were in the finish of the match. That doesn't take away from the match for me overall though, it was a belter and one of the best matches in Dynamite history without a doubt.

Mariah looks so much like Toni it took me a second and I agree with White Wolf that it might be time to start looking at a new persona for Toni. She's cleared out much of the division and I think this character only has so much life to it, now that the understudy has turned on her have Mariah win in Wembley and Toni come back re-invented.

The build to Blood and Guts has been weird this year, it feels a bit heatless. Outside of Hangman and Swerve the feuds don't feel that serious. I think it's suffering from the same problem as WWE having a HIAC ppv every year regardless. Having the comedic heel EVPs be in this serious deadly feud with… The Acclaimed just seems off.

Also I'm sorry but the version of Okada we're getting is exactly what people feared WWE would do with him. It's fine but people overlooking it are just showing their arse imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Yeah Toni needs to change it up..I think this persona has peaked with the title win...it doesn't work going forward IMO

Agree with Loads, I think he's been a bit of a letdown so far

Advertisement