Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,758 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brian Cage’s wife has joined AEW as an announcer/backstage interviewer she did the same job at Lucha Underground. She also had a run in TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Props to Tony, being Irish the only familiarity I had with him was what WWE would tell us, and they weren't exactly kind. The guy is more than good at his job, he's great, and I'm glad he got this run to clear the narrative.

I've no idea what Khan is at hiring both Atout and Santos, it seems unnecessary to hire both (in addition to another person I think?), especially after letting Dasha go. I would hope it's not just a case of pleasing their partners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭SteM

His 'That'll put some butts in the seats.' comment spoiling the taped Mankind title win soured a lot of people on him at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Petermc83

I know he uses abit of Just4Men products but Tony has aged really well since we first seen him in WCW!!! Hes def earned his stripes, he can be proud of his career

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Buddy Matthews has resigned with aew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ThePott

Heard another rumour that Keith Lee and Malakai Black's contracts are set to expire. Although I imagine Black's will have time added for injury.

Would lee be the same?, although I know he wasn't injured but out with an illness.

I'm not sure. In theory, I think they could add time to Lee's contract but not sure they would under the circumstances and the sad reality is they probably don't see much use in him anymore. The talk was that he was having health issues (possibly heart after getting covid).

There's also another report say Malakai is locked up until at least 2025, when his deal was first reported on it was 2025 with a two year option.

Kamille as Mercedes heater is is a great way to introduce her.

• Advertisement

Just thinking Britt needs her former heater back now

Time for Hayter to return must be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Cotts72

It's a handy way to bring Hayter back to make the save at Wembley for the home crowd pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Wasn’t a fan of the chair shot even with a gimmicked chair.

Kamille looked great and yeah I think leads to Jamie Hatyer returning.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

MAGA MJF is also an interesting choice.

Regards,

P.

Lol Okada is not about these hardcore matches, he always seems awkward in them, the man is happy to coast. Speaking of awkward the ending to Blood and Guts was especially awkward here, felt a bit rushed and anti-climactic. It did build Swerve/Hangman well (whenever we see that) and Darby/Jack Perry but don't know if it did much for the Acclaimed/Young Bucks. That's a real heatless feud for me.

I did like some of the spots, Swerve with the staple gun and Darby doing the monkey bars coffin drop. I feel like they definitely need to give this match a rest though, it's becoming a little samey for me. Not a fan of the headshot even if it is gimmicked personally.

I swear, Tony keeps an eye on Reddit. Someone was only just saying what the hell are they doing with Kamille, they signed her months ago and low and behold. Always expected her in this role, bit of a sudden debut, thought it might have built off a story a bit more but all the same if it gets us to a Hayter save at Wembley I'm all for it.

MJF changing the belt is fun especially for All In, definitely big Trump vibes, why they didn't have a camera in a spot when he tried recreating the post-assassination attempt photo I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Was laughing watching Okada in the match, at one point he had no clue what to do, could see Matt was kinda instructing him a bit and there was visible confusion and he just went into the other ring, took a random bump and dropped to the mat 😂.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

While it was a good debut for Kamille and they were talking about her size, it was ruined a bit by Mercedes standing beside her and nearly being the same height. She shouldn't have worn such high heels.

It's a bit hard to take Toni seriously when she's doing her Timeless expressions. Looked more like Danhausen.

I thought the exact same thing about the height. They really should have considered that in trying to make Kamille look like a giant. Mercedes shouldn't have had massive heels on, hell you could have put shoes with more of a lift on Kamille too.

Tony just booked Mercedes vs Britt for All In at the AEW Comic Con panel tonight.

Hayter is 100% returning at All In and by god that pop will be huge.

Actually enjoyed the B&G match until the last few mins, clearly there was an issue locating the gas etc so felt off, agreed on the chairshot wasnt the best idea. Pity the Swerve/Cowboy thing happened during picture and picture as I never watch that or fast forward.

I hope Danielson doesnt become an afterthought with the build to All In since I'm guessing we are getting a 3 way match for the title.

MFJ is just on another level as a heel

I feel there are definitely more storylines going into All In this year which is great

Acclaimed vs YB vs FTR for All In???

• Advertisement

Thought that was a good way to get more use out of the double ring setup, though I expected it to end in a match between the final 2 rather than continuing the over the top rule.

And was Rampage on the same time as Death Before Dishonour, meaning Tony was competing against himself?

Absolutely delighted for Dustin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They absolutely crack me up

Such a pity with that injury to Dalton

Not familiar with her, but they had Erica Leigh with them at the RoH Zero Hour.

MJF heads to London after Arena Mexico on August 2nd to defend the American Championship at Rev-Pro against Michael Oku on August 11th.

https://x.com/RevProUK/status/1817629331012944305

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Per Fightful, Tony Khan has met with Shane McMahon 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Christ that won't end well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,549 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What can he bring as an on screen character other than promo battles with heels where they say 'oh your family are pricks etc'

Wonder is he going to be a booker too ?

• Advertisement

That would definitely be a case of doing it because he can and not because he should. No long term plans. Maybe a faction of ex WWE guys. Name them something like Voodoo Kin Mafia.

Advertisement