Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, I think he'd fit in well with the current iteration of the Elite. It shouldn't be a long term thing, but the irony/hypocrisy of the Bucks being financially backed by a McMahon could lead to some fun stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I didnt think of that, that would be an interesting move

Im back in!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Petermc83

Mean Street Posse 2024 Reunion!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,758 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fightful reporting that AEW & WBD exclusive negotiation period has ended.

Tony is now free to see what other offers are there.

Trent Beretta had neck surgery.

Two screws from his previous neck fusion surgery had broken and had to be replaced. Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86,928 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Will O but my can he mess up and suck on the mic

The heat he will bring to Arena Mexico with this MAGA MJF will be a sight to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Meant to say for BotB at the weekend but then they had one on Dynamite this week. I do not like the Title Eliminator matches. especially when there's no consistency. Like why does Statlander have to have one but MJF didn't? Would assume Stat would get a title match through the usual method of having attacked the champ multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Shane McMahon would actually be an interesting executive to have in the AEW camp in talks with TV networks over the next while with his WWE experience and connections in that world.

Regards,

P.

copy/pasting from Reddit.

“Britt Baker was suspended for either one or two weeks and fined by the company’s disciplinary committee. 

Details have been kept pretty quiet. It came from something backstage at the 7/17 Dynamite where Baker allegedly said something about MJF and Alicia Atout, MJF’s girlfriend heard it and told him and he confronted Baker. 

This led to an investigation with HR talking to people on 7/24 and I believe the disciplinary committee that did the investigation recommended that. I don’t know if Tony Khan was or wasn’t involved in this and everyone was attempting to keep this under wraps. This all stems from problems in the past that weren’t addressed and a committee was put together to settle these things quickly. Most of those we heard from were sympathetic to her in this situation.”

The full quote on the story for anyone who cares.

Edit: Sean Ross Sapp saying he has “a lot more” on the MJF & Britt argument.

Second Edit: The Fightful Report:

• Britt Baker reportedly “exercised frustration” backstage in the women’s locker room about MJF which Alicia Atout overheard and told MJF. 
    • As per the report from Fightful, there was a confrontation between Britt Baker and Alicia Atout, additionally there was one between MJF and Baker. 
    • Will Ospreay reportedly became involved and spoke with Baker. 
    • Baker reportedly “took issue” with Atout telling MJF what she had said about him in the locker room. 
    • This prompted an investigation with a suspension being levied at Baker.
    • Baker is reportedly still planned to wrestle at AEW All In.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I heard this story earlier in the week and looked past it over who reported it, even though I'm not a fan of Britt. But here we are and it's confirmed by Meltzer.

I never liked her treatment of Rosa but I generally gave her the benefit of the doubt over 2 people just not liking each other, but as evident here the truth will out. She seems like an absolute weapon that can't half back it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86,928 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Bryan still the head of disputes backstage etc., so he likely suspended and fined her?

Christian Cage is just levels above any other pro wrestlers in North America when it comes to delivering promo's.

Kill Switch not getting one of the belts was just a pure delight from a master heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Alicia Atout by name and a tout by nature! That said, talking negatively about someone when their girlfriend is in the room isn't very smart.

Looks like the Lucha Bros are off to the Fed when their contacts end. Hope they go straight the main event and not NXT. They deserve to be on the main shows.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I've always loved the aesthetics of Penta especially, but it feels he never really kicked up to the highest levels of AEW for whatever reason. I can understand them wanting the payday, a probable Mania experience, probably big pushes ahead of some Mexico show.

But god, I hope they don't get absorbed into the lWo cyclone. 😂

TNT is launching a new show after Collision that will feature various AEW talent.

Britt Barker has been cast in the final episodes of Cobra Kai.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ThePott

Show details here

TNT will be launching a new series titled TNT OVERDRIVE on Saturdays at 10 PM Eastern, following AEW Collision.  The first episode will premiere this week.

The series will feature clips of crazy "adrenaline junkie" style clips with segments introduced by AEW talents as well as AEW stars telling stories about their lives and careers.

Promotional material for the series premiere promises "Elite athletes face giant grizzly bears; fierce cops chase runaway suspects; big-tire UTVs race in mud; daredevils perform insane stunts; and PO'd drivers meltdown."

This is the latest crossover between AEW and WBD properties of late, including Shark Week promotion on AEW Dynamite, DC Comics publishing AEW material and AEW collaborating with Adult Swim.

Tru TV (I think) used to have these kinda shows on it when I was in America. Clip shows introduced by celebrities or comics, kinda like Ridiculousness too. There was talk of Darby having a TV stunt, Viva La Bam type show at one point but not sure if that's still happening or not.

While it's far from an essential programme or a show of any real importance, you have to imagine it is a good sign for a deal that keeps them at WBD. Tony is meeting with Zaslav in Paris apparently, maybe a deal is there and they just need to iron out the fine details and put pen to paper.

• Advertisement

I guess losing the NBA means they want something to fill that gap when the time comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'll be a bit gutted if it comes to fruition that The Lucha Brothers go, I'll particularly miss Fenix.

They have become stale no doubt but they can have some great matches, I think they'll get a rude awakening in WWE when they dont have that freedom anymore but wish them all the best if they go.

She's going to get in Miguel's face for taking too much time away from Sam :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Pentecost

There's been one or two AEW references on the show before I think. Paul Walter Hauser's character was playing "Judas" at one point. I think there may have been another one but i also may be remembering something else I saw him in.

And by the time they air, Netflix will be the home of WWE.

I honestly thought they were already filmed, or is this just the news breaking that she's in it but she filmed her scenes a while ago?

Fightful reporting WWE are already in talks with the Lucia Bros despite them still being under contract with AEW.

I never understand how that's news. I mean if I was looking for a new job, I would do it while I'm still in my current job. Isn't that partially how contract negotiations work as well? You go to your employer and point out how you've been offered more elsewhere.

WBD investors call today saying they will be turning TruTV into TNTSports.

AEW/ROH can bring lots of hours of coverage for them.

If I had to guess AEW’s ROH might end up there. This was something Tony hinted at a few weeks ago when he said AEW’s ROH was better branding for ROH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ThePott

It isn't news, but apparently we have to have this conversation every time. Sorry not everytime. Every time that an AEW talent goes to WWE. It's never brought up when it goes the other way. The same people who complain and say they want 'independent contractors' complain when it doesn't go their way. Or bring up contract tampering (not a thing in wrestling). Who out there wouldn't go seek another job before leaving their current one.

There's more than enough examples of posters on here that will just post the stories that stir 'sh1te'. Was offline since Thursday and came back to at least two posts on here that were debunked everywhere else but posted here. At this point I'm tired of being (what feels like) the only one pushing back at the tribalistic nonsense on here.

• Advertisement

Ouch another part of that investor call today was Discovery when buying out WB overpaid for the WB tv networks by $9.1B.

Advertisement