Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I like BBB's look good old fashioned bruisers with a Valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Meant to say as well while NXT showed Britt Baker at their show, AEW got to show Brock Lesnar guy at theirs.

Pop:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I did notice Brock Lesnar guy, think the long haired guy and the green shirt guy have been at shows too.

Seen a lot of people speculate that Butcher, Barber and Bunny are gonna be Marty's Villain Enterprises for when he joins AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

ThePott wrote: »
    I did notice Brock Lesnar guy, think the long haired guy and the green shirt guy have been at shows too.

Seen a lot of people speculate that Butcher, Barber and Bunny are gonna be Marty's Villain Enterprises for when he joins AEW.

Pity PCO and Brody couldn't come with him, this new version has potential though, dodgy introduction aside the roster needs more depth and they should be a good foil to put against the Elite, allowing them to hopefully separate from the Inner Circle for a while when Marty arrives.

NXT - 810k
    AEW - 663k

Pretty much level in the key demo's.

Suspect the exposure NXT got Survivor Series week helped.

Would be concerned if I were Tony Khan. That's not a great number. NXT's isn't that impressive either but it's not as important to WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Monokne wrote: »
    NXT - 810k
    AEW - 663k

Pretty much level in the key demo's.

Suspect the exposure NXT got Survivor Series week helped.

Would be concerned if I were Tony Khan. That's not a great number. NXT's isn't that impressive either but it's not as important to WWE.

Was the night before Thanksgiving so I'd imagine a huge amount of people are out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Was the night before Thanksgiving so I'd imagine a huge amount of people are out.

Alot of AEW fans were out... but not NXT hmmm

Loughc wrote: »

AEW's loss seems to be almost completely in the Male 18-49 demo, down to 0.26 from their average 0.4x. NXT were 0.22, so they still lost, but were consistent with their average.

I'd say males 18-49 would be the most likely to be travelling / out on the night before a holiday. So yes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

AEW's loss seems to be almost completely in the Male 18-49 demo, down to 0.26 from their average 0.4x. NXT were 0.22, so they still lost, but were consistent with their average.

I'd say males 18-49 would be the most likely to be travelling / out on the night before a holiday. So yes.

So AEW's ratings should be up significantly this week then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

50% of NXT viewers were over 55.

OVER FIFTY FIVE YEARS OLD

• Advertisement

So AEW's ratings should be up significantly this week then?

I'd imagine they'll go back to about their average, yes.

At the end of the day they're a new company going up against a juggernaut monopoly who have spent the last month throwing absolutely everything they can at them. I'd rather see them do well incrementally as they add to their roster and their storylines have time to develop than obsess on weekly figures.

50% of NXT viewers were over 55.

OVER FIFTY FIVE YEARS OLD

Tbh it's astonishing 400,000 Americans over 55 want to watch a weekly wrestling program, that's an achievement in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Tonight's show

0kbfw85yld241.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

all except top left looks really good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

sky88 wrote: »
    all except top left looks really good

are you blind?! she looks f*cking fantastic …..do you see......oooh I get you...sorry! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I have always prefered AEW shows. It's new, it's fresh, tells better storylines and there's no Beth Phoenix. It's a welcome change from the McMahon empire. They could compose better entrance music for crowd pops. WWE always bossed the competition in that department. I hope AEW bounces back and this is just a post-PPV bump, Survivor Series is just the same fake competition, fake tribalism and fake comradery every year for the last 17 years. Don't know why people bother with it.

In the 18-49 AEW was down about 35%, however cable across the board in that demo was only down about 10% which is significant.

In other words, it was reasonable to expect a drop, and it certainly could be that this week is an aberration, but equally, don't fool yourself, lots of people that watched the show last week just chose not to this week, in or out.

I suspect perhaps there may have been a couple hundred thousand people who watched Survivor Series as well as Raw and just had their fill by Wednesday. I expect them back in the 800-900 range.

If they are not, that is a worrying sign. They debuted to 1.4 million and had 1 million plus the following few weeks. Settling in lower than 900k would be a bad sign.

It's also concerning that the Cleveland ticket sales are apparently going poorly and they did less PPV's with TV than without.

Wrestling is down all over. Raw is doing their worst numbers ever and Smackdown just did the worst number on Fox so far, they are down almost 2 million since their debut, which is far more shocking.

Also, that Starrcade thing only had 44,000 live viewers.

It'll pick up again.

Wrestling is down all over. Raw is doing their worst numbers ever and Smackdown just did the worst number on Fox so far, they are down almost 2 million since their debut, which is far more shocking.

Also, that Starrcade thing only had 44,000 live viewers.

It'll pick up again.

Wow. That number is about what I'd expect but I'm shocked it's out as WWE has never released network viewership numbers. Where was this information put out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Monokne wrote: »
    Wow. That number is about what I'd expect but I'm shocked it's out as WWE has never released network viewership numbers. Where was this information put out?

I believe the network crapped out during it so they had to resort to putting it live on YT where the figure is publicly available.

• Advertisement

I believe the network crapped out during it so they had to resort to putting it live on YT where the figure is publicly available.

Oh it's just a live youtube number? Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

For a live YouTube number, that's not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Nyla Rose was a bit of craic on AEW Dark commentary this week; show was otherwise fairly meh.

They're giving Brandon Cutler some kind of Game of Thrones gimmick which is... odd....

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Enjoying AEW, feels fresh and exciting.

My only concern is they’re going through feuds way too quickly, especially with a thin roster. The Jericho/Cody feud should have gone on way longer ending with the Cody stipulation. That happened way too quickly.

I think it should be Omega to end Jericho’s reign. Mox is next in line but I don’t think it’s good for AEW if he wins the title as having branded themselves as the alternative, their first two champions will be former WWE guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I have always prefered AEW shows. It's new, it's fresh, tells better storylines and there's no Beth Phoenix. It's a welcome change from the McMahon empire. They could compose better entrance music for crowd pops. WWE always bossed the competition in that department. I hope AEW bounces back and this is just a post-PPV bump, Survivor Series is just the same fake competition, fake tribalism and fake comradery every year for the last 17 years. Don't know why people bother with it.

Good shout on the entrance music. Kenny Omega, Young Bucks and Awesome Kong are the only ones I would pop for. I also love the librarians but I don't think that countssssssssssssshhhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

except for jericho i still have to think about whos coming out when i hear the music so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

My biggest grip with AEW is that focuses way too much on in ring work rather than character/storyline development each week.

Officer999 wrote: »
    Enjoying AEW, feels fresh and exciting.

My only concern is they’re going through feuds way too quickly, especially with a thin roster. The Jericho/Cody feud should have gone on way longer ending with the Cody stipulation. That happened way too quickly.

I think it should be Omega to end Jericho’s reign. Mox is next in line but I don’t think it’s good for AEW if he wins the title as having branded themselves as the alternative, their first two champions will be former WWE guys.

If it is over, you are right. I assumed they are going to get back to it in 6 months or so.

It's not over, they are still going with that War Games match, there's a big 6 man tonight that should set it up nicely.

• Advertisement

I think Cody will deal with MJF and the Butcher & THE Blade (WHO!?) before they get back to he and Jericho.

Advertisement