Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1209221051651108864
    Just got some good news that we get to share Christmas morning! ��

Follow
    @AEWrestling #AEW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Cody is turning into Dixie Carter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Enjoyed this week's Dynamite and yet that angle at the end has me wondering if I should bother watching AEW anymore. This really doesn't look like the kind of show Tony Khan seemed to be talking about before the TV started. He really needs to get better control of his show. A bunch of terrible looking jobbers beating up the top babyfaces on the roster. Then there's also the terrible Brandi Rhodes stuff, and now an actual alien. The do the ginmick of the lights going out pretty much every week too. And now I'm seeing on twitter that apparently they're resetting the win-loss record at the start of January, so what the hell was the point of that. They should really scrap the win-loss record thing. It's not needed and only leads to criticisms. I'm really disappointed in what this show is right now because for all the good on it it's riddled with so much nonsense every week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    Enjoyed this week's Dynamite and yet that angle at the end has me wondering if I should bother watching AEW anymore. This really doesn't look like the kind of show Tony Khan seemed to be talking about before the TV started. He really needs to get better control of his show. A bunch of terrible looking jobbers beating up the top babyfaces on the roster. Then there's also the terrible Brandi Rhodes stuff, and now an actual alien. The do the ginmick of the lights going out pretty much every week too. And now I'm seeing on twitter that apparently they're resetting the win-loss record at the start of January, so what the hell was the point of that. They should really scrap the win-loss record thing. It's not needed and only leads to criticisms. I'm really disappointed in what this show is right now because for all the good on it it's riddled with so much nonsense every week now.

To be fair while I hate all the negatives last week such as the dark order, Brandi and Co, the poor women's match (id be more worried about the quality of Statlander and Baker than their gimmicks), Im not gonna bail just yet.

Ive been begging for competition for WWE for a while and one bump in the road wont make me nake me give up yet. Still plenty of positives on the show.

But yes, the sports like alternative Khan and co spoke of isnt what we got last week. How they handle the criticism and ratings loss in a weeks time will be interesting.

While the Dark Order and Kris Statlander alien crap isnt ideal, how bad the angle was is one problem but the main issue is this type of angles and gimmicks was not what AEW promised when they set up shop as something that WWE isnt offering.

• Advertisement

Also wanted to say the outrage over the crappy punches dude is the most ridiculous thing. I wonder how many people actually noticed that the first time around. There was so much more important things wrong with that angle rather than that. The reaction was so over the top, see people missing by a mile in WWE all the time and barely a word about it, don't see Randy Orton on Twitter telling them to quit the biz then.

The crappy punches were
    parodied on this week's Being The Elite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The crappy punches were
    parodied on this week's Being The Elite

Doesn't really work when it's their own output they're parodying. Far too meta for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Build the Dark Order with decent vignettes.

Internet happy.

Have Dark Order get heat on The Elite:

Internet mad.

Alternatively, have Dark Order squashed by the Elite:

Internet probably also mad.

Alternatively, have Dark Order feud with a group lower down the card:

Alternatively, kill the gimmick after some promising vignettes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Neil3030 wrote: »

Internet happy.

Have Dark Order get heat on The Elite:

Internet mad.

Alternatively, have Dark Order squashed by the Elite:

Alternatively, have Dark Order feud with a group lower down the card:

Alternatively, kill the gimmick after some promising vignettes:

It's such a hilariously bad gimmick. They would be best served doing a Poochie on Evil Uno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hope they continue the Dark Order story line now.

If the kill it from the pressure of Social Media outrage they are done as a company.

They need to stick to the plan of having long term story lines let WWE/NXT hotshot Takeovers every week I want long term story telling entertainment not 3 weeks between PPV's then lets start again.

I think they should continue the storyline but they obviously need to improve several aspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I think they should continue the storyline but they obviously need to improve several aspects.

I think they're fighting an impossible battle on this front. The leader of the villain group looks, sounds and is utterly ridiculous, his name is Evil Uno for Godsake. There's no salvaging that, and it's their own fault for putting themselves in this position, sometimes jobs for the boys comes back to bite you.

I don't know who is under the mask but I would assume it's meant to be someone capable of carrying a promo and maybe someone recognisable?

Given there are lads in the group showing their faces anyway they should be able to unmask Evil Uno and refer to him by a different name.

So the hottest thing in AEW right now is a knock-off Putty Patrol.

Not even Kenny Omega could get an eyelid to bat in the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

To be fair, theres far more positives with AEW than negatives. This angle aint great by any means, but there are far better things to appreciate.

Neil3030 wrote: »

Honestly I thought those vignettes were terrible. Complete with the hidden camera that Tony Khan mentioned they would not do so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    Also wanted to say the outrage over the crappy punches dude is the most ridiculous thing. I wonder how many people actually noticed that the first time around. There was so much more important things wrong with that angle rather than that. The reaction was so over the top, see people missing by a mile in WWE all the time and barely a word about it, don't see Randy Orton on Twitter telling them to quit the biz then.

Missing punches by a mile in WWE ? Who bar Shane McMahon misses punches by as wide a margain as what happened on AEW ? Of course over the history of pro wrestling matches that have been recorded haven't always been great and what happened in AEW last week isn't the first time something happening in a wreslting ring looked like the drizzling ****s.

Did randy Orton tell them to quit the business only ? My recollection is he said he'd teach them who to throw a punch aswell. Throwing a believable working punch in wreslting is the basics. I wish more wrestlers both male and female would learn to how to do one and stop those weak forearms they do which look crap.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Missing punches by a mile in WWE ? Who bar Shane McMahon misses punches by as wide a margain as what happened on AEW ? Of course over the history of pro wrestling matches that have been recorded haven't always been great and what happened in AEW last week isn't the first time something happening in a wreslting ring looked like the drizzling ****s.

Did randy Orton tell them to quit the business only ? My recollection is he said he'd teach them who to throw a punch aswell. Throwing a believable working punch in wreslting is the basics. I wish more wrestlers both male and female would learn to how to do one and stop those weak forearms they do which look crap.

He was replying to Tama Tonga, who retweeted the botched punches clip, and tagged Enzo in said retweet after Enzo called out Tama Tonga for whatever reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He got the crowd to cheer for him in his match, like he always does, because he's great.

• Advertisement

He was replying to Tama Tonga, who retweeted the botched punches clip, and tagged Enzo in said retweet after Enzo called out Tama Tonga for whatever reason.

I saw a screen shot on enzo standing in the snow. I found out the reason why is that Tama Tonga wasn't told about enzo and Cass doing that run in in ROH which I find stupid to not tell someone about a run in. That's where that whole thing started. Although why enzo would piss off one of the samoans I don't know although the lift doesn't seem to go to the top floor with enzo.

I saw a screen shot on enzo standing in the snow. I found out the reason why is that Tama Tonga wasn't told about enzo and Cass doing that run in in ROH which I find stupid to not tell someone about a run in. That's where that whole thing started. Although why enzo would piss off one of the samoans I don't know although the lift doesn't seem to go to the top floor with enzo.

Yeah he called him out in a rap. Tama should've at least had a heads up about their ROH run in.

Also Tama Tonga isn't Samoan.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That MSG show was exactly when ROH fell off a cliff. Complete disaster. Everyone just waiting for their **** to end so they could see New Japan.

Yeah he called him out in a rap. Tama should've at least had a heads up about their ROH run in.

When I say Samoan I mean that extended group of wrestlers who are known as the Samoans.

Edit: I could've used the phrase rikishi used at one point and refer to Tama Tonga as one of the "Island boys" but wasn't sure to use that term.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Next you'll be telling us Samoa Joe isn't Tongan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This is the same Player Uno?

Well I don't just mean missing punches. Of course in WWE doesn't matter how much they miss by they have to sell anyway. Saw a clip of Becky completely missing Asuka with a clothesline attempt last week. I do remember Aleister Black being so far away from Lars Sullivan with his finisher in a big TakeOver match. And if it is only Shane McMahon that's still a lot worse than someone nobody knows missing like that on a wide shot barely anyone must have noticed if it wasn't pointed out to them after the fact.

No, Randy Orton didn't tell him to quit the company only, but you seem to be aware of that. He also used it to get a dig in on AEW. Somebody on the replies even had a video of Orton completely missing a punch. I actually wish there'd be less punching in wrestling. Punching isn't even supposed to be a part of wrestling, otherwise why would anyone bother using forearms. Concentrate on strong forearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

What you do is, limit punches with the mid and low card guys so they mean something when the top guys do it. Worked great when Austin was on top.

Nowadays since you have tope con quadruple backflip within a minute of the opening bell in every match, all bets are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was Cody's announcement the Lucha Bros match, the Newark event or the Darby Allin match? Or is it something to come?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was Cody's announcement the Lucha Bros match, the Newark event or the Darby Allin match? Or is it something to come?

I’m guessing it was one of these or Jericho offer to Moxley to join inner circle as I haven’t seen anything else

Advertisement