Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Adiboo wrote: »
    He's 49.

I think HanFiredFirst may have been being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

about jericho looking good or not ive always thought he had a strange shaped body sometimes ripped sometimes not even whan he was younger it looked like his abs reappeared and dissapeared in the same match

Like these are froim the same match

https://twitter.com/ringsidenews_/status/1214343691613196288?s=20

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1214336178113122304?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I've just seen Awesome Kong, dressed as a Roman pirate gladiator, acting as a henchwoman for Brandi Rhodes.

Not even Christopher Daniels could come close to saving that atrocious segment he was involved in.

A potentially great tag-team like Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy are stuck with an infant. Jungle Boy is hardly Billy Jack Haynes but he looks like it standing beside Stunt.

Luchasaurus is a highlight of the AEW roster and he's stuck in a nonsense match selling to a fella rooting around for change.

I disagree that there "stuck with an infant". Marko is a fun act and hes hardly dragging them down. Hes basically a mascot for them and he in no way harms the group. And the kid can wrestle. Dont see any issue.

I don't hate Luchasaurus but Im not a fan. His character does nothing for me as a singles star yet and Im not a huge fan of his in-ring solo work yet. Tag team with Jack Perry is the ideal spot for him at this time.

Jericho is looking and working really good for a 62 year old. If half the 20 somethings even looked half as good or worked half as good as a 62 year old Jericho the wrestling world would be in a really good place. AEW did well pulling off having a 62 year old Jericho to be the face of the company.

Jerichos a fantastic wrestler. Great mind, fantastic character work over the years (even now in 2020) but he's 49 and visually unimpressive. For all the good he does AEW, watching him wrestle isn't something I look forward to. That said he does the best with what hes got.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I disagree that there "stuck with an infant". Marko is a fun act and hes hardly dragging them down. Hes basically a mascot for them and he in no way harms the group. And the kid can wrestle. Dont see any issue.

I don't hate Luchasaurus but Im not a fan. His character does nothing for me as a singles star yet and Im not a huge fan of his in-ring solo work yet. Tag team with Jack Perry is the ideal spot for him at this time.

Jerichos a fantastic wrestler. Great mind, fantastic character work over the years (even now in 2020) but he's 49 and visually unimpressive. For all the good he does AEW, watching him wrestle isn't something I look forward to. That said he does the best with what hes got.

i think you nailed jericho for me as well there love everything about him at the minute till the bell rings

No one can touch him in everything else in the company (and wwe for that matter) but i think he should be wrestling as regularly as he does

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

He's 49.

I thought the gag was pretty obvious no? :confused:

He has aged about 15 years in 3.

2016:
    9570d62ae7a96598-600x338.jpg

2019:
    ENoxxfgWoAEIccE?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Monokne wrote: »
    I thought the gag was pretty obvious no? :confused:

Not to me. Slow morning!

Not to me. Slow morning!

I originally typed 52 but thought maybe it wasn't obvious enough as a gag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Dynamite's deal on TNT extended through to 2023. They 100% need to lay off some of the hokey story ****e they've gone with recently, hope they go back to just matches and interviews, but it's still great to have a different wrestling show to watch than WWE if that's not your cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

They also announced a second AEW show is coming to TNT as part of this deal.
    Not sure if this just means AEW Dark is going to be on TV or a new show altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,625 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Talks that they will also be part of HBO Max streaming service when that starts in May in the States.

Not bad going for a company less than 4 months on air.

• Advertisement

"The report is the deal is for four years and $175 million, just under $45 million per year, and includes TNT having an option for 2024 at a significantly increased price. The deal will make the company profitable in 2020 and beyond."

This is really the only part of the story that matters.

Hard to overstate how big this is. It tells you that TNT have indeed been very very happy with the numbers so far given they are extending AND increasing the money after only 13 or 14 shows, during which they have had some really down weeks. It also means for the next 4 years whenever anyone comes up for renewal with WWE, they have an option. Any indie talent that gets hot can start a bidding war.

I find the actual product very hit and miss personally, but it is impossible to deny this is a great day for performers, production staff, bookers, and crucially fans. There is an option, and there will be for years to come. And in theory this should push WWE to be better as well. Competition is great for pro wrestling. Rejoice, wrestling fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Talks that they will also be part of HBO Max streaming service when that starts in May in the States.

I've been thinking that for a good while since HBO Max included TNT content. Makes perfect sense and would be a great incentive and constant programming. Apparently the 2nd show won't be Dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It is good in that Vince will have proper guaranteed medium to long term competition for the first time since the late 90s. Let's see whether and how he reacts.

Pentecost wrote: »
    It is good in that Vince will have proper guaranteed medium to long term competition for the first time since the late 90s. Let's see whether and how he reacts.

He'll be 78 and 3 years into the XFL by the time this deal is up, so either very stretched/tired, or quite possibly dead given his age and how he looks.

Maybe the two Paul's can run Raw & SD with autonomy. I would give anything to have someone else's unfiltered version on the main shows. We need something fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He'll be 78 and 3 years into the XFL by the time this deal is up, so either very stretched/tired, or quite possibly dead given his age and how he looks.

Maybe the two Paul's can run Raw & SD with autonomy. I would give anything to have someone else's unfiltered version on the main shows. We need something fresh.

Assuming XFL lasts 3 years! That's the thing though they'll need free rein, hire and fire writers, producers and agents etc as they see fit. As long as Vince is in any way involved, officially or unofficially it comes back to what he wants.

Bash at the Beach tonight.

63 year DDP looked good for a guy who has wrestled a hand full of guest spots in the last 15 years.

Enjoyed that episode once the spotfest multiman tag was over it went on to tell some good old fashioned storytelling with solid in ring work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Really enjoyed this week, it had right balance between in ring action and storytelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Taz has signed a multi-year deal with AEW.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1217838923050881027
    Yesterday #AEWDynamite was extended to 2023 by @tntdrama and Today we are happy to announce that @OfficialTAZ has signed a multiple year agreement with #AEW

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Good addition. Wonder how they'll structure the comms booth now. Jr, Tazz and Schiovane would make a great trio.

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Good addition. Wonder how they'll structure the comms booth now. Jr, Tazz and Schiovane would make a great trio.

You can't do it without Excalibur, he holds the whole thing together.

My guess would be he is on Dark with Excalibur every week, the usual 3 on Dynamite.

Watching Dynamite.

Goddammit, Cody is leagues above every other babyface in this industry with his promos. He sounds like an actual human being, he speaks really well, he has a way with words, he and his opponent always feel more after the promo than before he spoke, and most of all, he builds interest in his matches.

AEW 940K

NXT 700K

Is it just me or does the voice in the Dark Order sound like a distorted Raven?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Is it just me or does the voice in the Dark Order sound like a distorted Raven?

Big thread on this on twitter earlier where someone decoded the audio - it's 100% Raven but Chris Daniels was the voice a few weeks back, hopefully to confuse as to the real leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Really strong episode again this week, loved the four-way tag and Allin/PAC. Great to see AEW doing well in the ratings, not a bad week for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

What was with Pac and the skateboard near the start?

Symobolism?

Big thread on this on twitter earlier where someone decoded the audio - it's 100% Raven but Chris Daniels was the voice a few weeks back, hopefully to confuse as to the real leader.

I am very impressed with myself for working it out without the decoding! :D

That's solid thinking having multiple people do it to keep everyone guessing.

Always remember Vince being the voice behind DDP's stalker gimmick so I guess the internet has been decoding for decades.

So that awful Dark Order ending a few weeks ago was supposed to be the unveiling of Marty as the leader of the group according to reports today.

If Marty had been unveiled it may have saved that angle from being a total sh1t show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

So that awful Dark Order ending a few weeks ago was supposed to be the unveiling of Marty as the leader of the group according to reports today.

If Marty had been unveiled it may have saved that angle from being a total sh1t show.

I don't understand; did Marty renege on an agreement last minute?

Advertisement