Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,625 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't understand; did Marty renege on an agreement last minute?

Marty played his hand brilliantly and ROH gave him an offer he could turn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Ah....well hopefully more wrestlers get deals like that. Really enjoying the likes of Marty, Flip and ODB randomly turning up on NWA when they're signed elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I don't understand; did Marty renege on an agreement last minute?

The rumour going back a long while from people in ROH was he was staying.

So that awful Dark Order ending a few weeks ago was supposed to be the unveiling of Marty as the leader of the group according to reports today.

If Marty had been unveiled it may have saved that angle from being a total sh1t show.

I don't think this is accurate.

Fairly widely believed he'd indicated he was staying in ROH all the way back in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So is Wednesday live from the cruise or are they pretaping it?

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »

Taped.

Marty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Monokne wrote: »
    Taped.

Live from the Cruise would be fun, but the logistics would be a nightmare.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Live from the Cruise would be fun, but the logistics would be a nightmare.

That’s why I was wondering seemed it would be nightmare live to film

That was the issue from what I read. They looked into it but there were too many moving parts (like, literally).

• Advertisement

Its deleted now but AEW's own twitter page spoiled a bit of the show so be wary of twitter if you dont want to see

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Its deleted now but AEW's own twitter page spoiled a bit of the show so be wary of twitter if you dont want to see

Yeah kinda amateur move - disappointed when I saw it, but very easy mistake to make!

AEW haters are having a field day with it though!

I remember WWE spoiling Del Rio title win on their website/facebook before a pre taped smackdown aired a few years ago too - do their social media people not have to vet their posts?!

Yeah kinda amateur move - disappointed when I saw it, but very easy mistake to make!

AEW haters are having a field day with it though!

I remember WWE spoiling Del Rio title win on their website/facebook before a pre taped smackdown aired a few years ago too - do their social media people not have to vet their posts?!

happens to all companies now on both sides why i actually stopped following lot of wrestling accounts on twitter too much bias for and against companies but thats for another thread

would think theyd have a proper tweeting vetting process so this stuff wouldnt happen especially knowing its a taped show

happens to all companies now on both sides why i actually stopped following lot of wrestling accounts on twitter too much bias for and against companies but thats for another thread

would think theyd have a proper tweeting vetting process so this stuff wouldnt happen especially knowing its a taped show

Jeff Jones who does their social media is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

After a bit of a think the cynic in me is coming out - they may have done it on purpose to get people talking and want to tune in to see Dynamite
    the title change

That was a lot better episode than I was excepting on a cruise ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Brilliant episode, the setting reminded me of the Nitro Spring Break episodes, it looked great, so much better than the always dark, always the same looking Full Sail arena.

The tag-title match and Mox/PAC were both great, good stuff from MJF and the six-man was good too. Again cutting out a lot of the BS and concentrating on what they're good at leads to a really good show. Once again the only negative for me was Britt Baker, she is change the channel bad.

AEW 871k

NXT 769k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Brilliant episode, the setting reminded me of the Nitro Spring Break episodes, it looked great, so much better than the always dark, always the same looking Full Sail arena.

The tag-title match and Mox/PAC were both great, good stuff from MJF and the six-man was good too. Again cutting out a lot of the BS and concentrating on what they're good at leads to a really good show. Once again the only negative for me was Britt Baker, she is change the channel bad.

Agree with all this bar the Britt Baker stuff.Even though she's green I think she has the makings of a great heel.The don't hate me cause I'm beautiful line was very funny.

Crowd were brilliant and I loved them singing along to Judas when Jericho came out for the 6 man tag.

Really liking Adam Page lately too.

One thing I will say is the Inner Circle need a theme tune to make them stand out more as a faction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Adam Page really does remind me of an old school NWA/WCW wrestler from the 80's. That is a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah Page is actually playing this slow burn heel turn very well. He really seems to have a natural, understated character acting ability. Contrast his to the agonisingly bad promo work Omega has done in AEW and it's night and day. I could definitely see Page ending up way over as a babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

AEW 871k

NXT 769k

Not a bad number for AEW considering the show wasn't live, NXT gonna need a bigger boat!

i guess PPvs will just go through fite maybe now

https://twitter.com/RXTVlog/status/1220689700551299072?s=20

Page steals the show again in this week's BTE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Hopefully, this Nightmare Collective shíte might actually become interesting because this storyline has been death since day one. Cody just seemed to be unfazed about the woman he shares a bed with every night practising witchcraft and behaving like a crazy woman.

Another really enjoyable episode this week.

Kassidy's selling the Judas effect was brilliant.

Moxley and Cody would be wordy babyface world champions.

Britt Baxter attacking of Tony and JR is a great way to get her over as a heel while waiting for her in ring work to improve.

Darby Allin just has it sadly his size might stop him becoming a huge star however as the underdog fighter for the title there is great storylines to be done.

I still like the Dark Order promo's and vignettes just keep them away from the ring till the real leader appears.

Kassidy's selling the Judas effect was brilliant.

Was that a little nod to Edge's selling from RAW?

AEW 828K

NXT 712K

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

I think Jericho needs to retain at Revolution. Mox would be a creditable loss for him but Jericho is just too over as champion now for him to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Officer999 wrote: »
    I think Jericho needs to retain at Revolution. Mox would be a creditable loss for him but Jericho is just too over as champion now for him to lose.

Jericho needs to retain until they're ready to put it on Cody tbh. If thats a year from now, so be it.

The rest just need to keep working on getting over. Moxley doesn't need it anyway, wouldn't really suit his unhinged persona.

There's only one belt but there are tons of stories they can tell that don't need it and whoever emerges as the star out of that you may have a future champ.

They could do with a midcard title maybe to help out in that regard.

Advertisement