Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Hopefully PAC gets his hands on the belt at some stage, he's been killing it recently both in ring and with his promos. No rush at all though, Jericho as champ is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

is the "singles" roster deep enough for a midcard title?

is the "singles" roster deep enough for a midcard title?

If the rumours about Brodie, Cage and Archer coming in are true it would help in that regard. Between Darby, Dustin, PAC, Jungle Boy, Hager, Sabian, Janela and more I think they could introduce a midcard title if they wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Jericho needs to retain until they're ready to put it on Cody tbh. If thats a year from now, so be it.

They're not allowed to do that so will need a transitional champ at least

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They're not allowed to do that so will need a transitional champ at least

Wrestling ultimatums are made to be broken in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Jericho needs to retain until they're ready to put it on Cody tbh. If thats a year from now, so be it.

The rest just need to keep working on getting over. Moxley doesn't need it anyway, wouldn't really suit his unhinged persona.

There's only one belt but there are tons of stories they can tell that don't need it and whoever emerges as the star out of that you may have a future champ.

They could do with a midcard title maybe to help out in that regard.

Taking into account that Fozzy head out on tour for their new album in April, you'd hope someone would be ready to step up and take the Championship off Jericho.

Unless he takes the Championship on tour with him. But I'm sure BTS they've got all that mapped out. At least roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Introduce a mid card title.

Make Luchasaurus their first double champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Jericho absolutely has to keep it. I wouldn't even contemplate taking it off him until the back end of the year. He is the centre of the show and in Omega, Mox, Cody, Page, Allin, Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus you have lots of good babyfaces for TV feuds and easily enough to get you through two more PPV's after this one.

Big question is who takes it off him? I assume the idea was Omega when they booked Jericho to beat him on their first show, but he is ice cold to me. I think Cody has not just passed but lapped him and I would be finding a way to get him in that spot toward the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hopefully PAC gets his hands on the belt at some stage, he's been killing it recently both in ring and with his promos. No rush at all though, Jericho as champ is fantastic.

He's my favorite wrestler and favorite act at the minute. A non-hammy snarling character and convincingly so. His in-ring stuff is so crisp. I love his accent also, just another layer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That was a good promo from Baker. The Riho teeth remark shocked me, was half expecting a rage induced Omega to come storming out. :pac:

• Advertisement

Baker is great in this role. Schiavone is a great foil too.

This gif is my favourite thing:

https://gfycat.com/bittertameairedale-tony-schiavone-wrestling-aew-wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

The ref Aubrey is really distracting, a good ref you should barely notice, she sticks out in every match with exaggerated reactions and hand movements.

Now I have occasionally noticed refs , but she seems to over blow her reactions in every match.

Yeah I saw her sit down with Cody where she said she had a trial with WWE and didn't get hired. If that's how she carried on, I can understand why.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I always notice the Ronseal ref in WWE. His fake tan is just ridiculous.

He's noticeable. To me he's the partial transition from John Cena to Darren Young. But he's not at the point where you notice what he's doing all through the match.
    I don't mind refs having personality or getting involved when needed but she inserts herself more than needed and the overreactions to near counts or slaps are annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Interesting if they keep this going not a huge fan of inter gender stuff myself

https://twitter.com/wrestlingsheet/status/1224463116974657536?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

AEW Dark was excellent this week.

Definitely the most I enjoyed an episode of AEW Dark since it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,625 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Double or Nothing 2 will take place in Vegas on Saturday May 23th.

AEW Dark was excellent this week.

Definitely the most I enjoyed an episode of AEW Dark since it started.

The mixed-tag was really good, best match on Dark in weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

That 10 lashes spot with Cody was absolutely brutal. Giving Wardlow a lash, and him putting absolutely everything into it, so bad. Cody's back was a total mess after it.

MJF is potentially the best "True" heel in the business right now

• Advertisement

Dusty would have loved the 10 lashes that was straight out of old school wrestling story telling.

AEW is building one hell of a story line with this.

AEW 928K.

NXT 770K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Thought the Pac segment was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I have absolutely no interest in Joey Janela. Don't get the appeal, he has no endearing qualities to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Adiboo wrote: »
    I have absolutely no interest in Joey Janela. Don't get the appeal, he has no endearing qualities to me.

Liked him on the indies but haven’t liked his use in aew at all

Another win in the ratings for AEW, love to see it, thought it was a great show again this week. The closing segment was fantastic, MJF is undoubtedly one of the best heels in wrestling. Between that and Jericho/Mox, AEW are doing a really good job in building up to Revolution.

Some brilliant in-ring action in the eight-man tag, Page and Rey Fenix particularly stood out, both are on top of their game's right now. Was also delighted Sakazaki won as not a fan of Baker at all, hope they start using and pushing the Joshi crew more often, Yuka and Shida in particular are excellent. Lots to look forward to in the coming weeks as well between Cody and Wardlow in the cage, the tag-title rematch and Omega/PAC in an Ironman match.

Adiboo wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

That Cody MJF main event segment was phenomenal. Massive dues to all involved.

I wonder was Brandi coming out suppose to be part of the segment? Felt it wasn’t which made it even better.

It was the peak of the segment so I am sure it was a part of the plan.

Great segment, very well executed. Cody is the best thing in wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Looks to all the world like Allin will be entering into a programme soon with Sammy G and Jericho, which is exactly what he needs.

Maybe Jericho goes over Mox at revolution, then Allin has a TV programme with Sammy G to get his hands on Jericho at DorN. Jericho goes over, but gets Allin over as a top level guy.

They could then build a title match at the All-In / All-Out show over the Summer, maybe Jericho vs Omega?

Advertisement