Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Thank God:

"Last week’s episode of Dynamite signaled the end of the Nightmare Collective when Brandi came out during the final segment where Cody received the ten lashes. In the interview, Brandi noted that the initial idea was her playing a manager to Awesome Kong, who would be an assassin style of character. Kong was not doing well physically and limited her and opened the door for some additional characters to be brought in and created the Nightmare Collective. She acknowledged that fans were not into the story and Brandi felt the same way. She noted that the recent therapy sessions to add some depth to the character were her idea and not from other’s at AEW with Brandi hiring the actress herself to shoot the spots. It was also noted that there are questions for fans to see what happens with Mel and Luther as it seems they will remain."

Why they are keeping Mel & Luther, I do not know. Talentless, useless, no look, no promos. I guess it pays to be mates with the right people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Thank god for that now keep Brandi off tv for a long time to get that stench of that away

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Holy sh!t…..a wrestling company....LISTENED TO THE FANS!?

and...and.....f*cking AND ….ACTED ACCORDINGLY?!

I need to lie down!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Good lord the heat for MJF is so beautiful it nearly brings a tear to my eye...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jeff Cobb to AEW feels like a big deal. Adding to the ranks of The Inner Circle though, seems overkill. If they keep adding, it could be the new NWO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,621 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another great episode.

Barker is killing it on the mic as a heel.

Jeff Cobb is a big get and I think there will be twist in that I can't see him joining The Inner Circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lot of whinging/complaining online about
    Nyla Rose becoming the new AEW Women's Champion

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bill 2.0

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Lot of whinging/complaining online about
    Nyla Rose becoming the new AEW Women's Champion

It makes sense because
    Riho is really good but she isn't around enough. They should have signed here exclusively so she didn't have to split her time between AEW and Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bill 2.0 wrote: »
    It makes sense because
    Riho is really good but she isn't around enough. They should have signed here exclusively so she didn't have to split her time between AEW and Japan.

That's not why people are whinging/complaining. The comments about her on that AEW Twitter post,
    after she became the 2nd AEW Women's Champion

You'd think such knuckle-dragging rubbish would've been long left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Whatever about Cobb joining the Inner Circle, found it Pointless bringing him out at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Delighted to see Cobb on Dynamite, that was another fantastic episode from AEW. MJF continues to be the best heel in pro-wrestling and that was another great tag-match involving Omega and Page, both very impressive lately.

AEW 817K

NXT 757K

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Know nothing of Cobb but getting a serious Tazz / young Samoa Joe vibe off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

2ndcoming wrote: »

Reminds me of Rhyno

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Officer999 wrote: »
    Reminds me of Rhyno

Bit of that too, hopefully more of the other two in ring wise (haven't seen him.)

GGGOOOOOORRRRE! gets old pretty quick

2ndcoming wrote: »

He is 37 so 3 years younger than Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bill 2.0

Delighted to see Cobb on Dynamite, that was another fantastic episode from AEW. MJF continues to be the best heel in pro-wrestling and that was another great tag-match involving Omega and Page, both very impressive lately.

MJF is about the best natural heel i've seen recently. He just gets exactly what the role is supposed to be.

I also have to give huge kudos to Britt Baker. She's not that great in the ring but she has completely turned me around with her heel promos.

Omega continues to effortlessly be the best in-ring performer in wrestling at the moment and Page has made himself a star over the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Read a report online (think Alvarez) saying that Cobb is not a long term signee, he mainly wants to work NJPW with some shots in other promotions.

Another really good episode and man Allin really does have something special about him.

Also those action figures really look life like.

Cody saying the internet is going to love that his comes with a sledgehammer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

theres people who are born to do high flying stuff and risk taking and then theres ones who do stuff and terrify me there going to kill themselves and cody did that last night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

The Rhodes family are just born to juice from the forehead.

Wardlow looks half decent.

Brandi in the Daisy Dukes as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Perfect use of a high risk spot. Cody gets pretty much beaten to a pulp, and when he finally gets an opening his finisher doesn't get a three count. Desperate, he takes the risk of hitting a move off the cage and it.... wins the match!!

Now just imagine how much more special it would have been if the match immediately preceding it had not featured every death defying high spot imaginable, with guys jumping up, totally fine, after each one. Smh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Very impressed by Jeff Cobb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That tag match was absolutely golden, great stuff. Page is on fire, and when he's in there with three of the best in Omega and the Luchas you're pretty much guaranteed no less than four stars. Best tag match of the year so far for me along with LIJ VS Goto/Ishii from New Year's Dash.

The cage match was really good, the busted open look suits Cody down to the ground. Cobb/Moxley was really good too, the presentation of Cobb since his debut has been tops, the man's a beast. Some pop for Allin too, just a great segment all round. The tag Battle Royale wasn't too shoddy either.

Another fantastic episode of Dynamite, you love to see it, roll on Revolution.

AEW 893K

NXT 794K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Flippin' hell!Sammy Guevara sold the hell out of that Superkick from Matt Jackson towards the end of the Tag Team Battle Royal!!

I literally jumped off the couch and feared for Sammys safety for a few seconds!!

Matt nearly took his head off!!

Adam Page gets better and better and thought Wardlow was awesome in the cage match.

Must say Cody has been brilliant since AEW began.Massively over with the fans,great theme tune and entrance and will surely be World Champion sooner or later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Flippin' hell!Sammy Guevara sold the hell out of that Superkick from Matt Jackson towards the end of the Tag Team Battle Royal!!

I literally jumped off the couch and feared for Sammys safety for a few seconds!!

Loved that bit, and the V Trigger to Rey Fenix coming off the ropes too was class

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Adam Page gets better and better and thought Wardlow was awesome in the cage match.

Must say Cody has been brilliant since AEW began.Massively over with the fans,great theme tune and entrance and will surely be World Champion sooner or later.

Gonna call in a pet peeve here, he didn't sell it well, he at best sold it completely averagely........ He bumped like a ****ing champ though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Gonna call in a pet peeve here, he didn't sell it well, he at best sold it completely averagely........ He bumped like a ****ing champ though.

100% disagree but each to their own!

Advertisement