Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Jericho is too good on commentary, the above mentioned AEW Galaxy line and the Gunn Dummies comment were gold :D Tony is great too.

The booking of the TNT championship tournament has been really good, really liked Darby and Sammy, thought it played very nicely off their match at Revolution. Will it be the seemingly more obvious Archer/Cody final or could they both get involved in each others semi-final to deny the other? Would love to see the Murderhawk destroy Dustin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AEW 731K

NXT 665K

NXT breaks back into the top 50 at number 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Loving the Bubbly Bunch and Britt Baker segments and hugely impressed with The Murderhawk Monster Lance Archer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I enjoyed all the cameos in that Bubbly Bunch segment. Some very random.

AEW 693K

NXT 637K and falls back out of the top 50 ratings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dick measuring when they both have such pathetic numbers seems a little desperate.

Killing it with the Bubbly Bunch

Cory Taylor and Lou Ferrigno

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1255660050842083328?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Dick measuring when they both have such pathetic numbers seems a little desperate.

Totally agree i think we can see from all shows ratings empty arena shows for the most part dont interest people

the only thing from any show ive watched this week is the bubbly bunch which was great to be fair

will be interested if they increase any viewers with a live show

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Arn managing the Revival(now The Revolt) needs to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Another wwe midcarder now in a world title match.

A real whiff of TNA off AEW this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Really enjoyed that, three very good matches on the show. Some great spots in the street fight, particularly Sammy getting hit by the cart and Omega's moonsault, and the lads wearing the jeans and fighting through the stadium gave it an old-school NWA feel.

Thought Cody/Janela and Kazarian/Mox were good too and Roberts and the Murderhawk continue to be a great pairing. The setting of Daily's Place and having people around the ring makes Dynamite much more vibrant than anything from the atmosphere vacuum that is the Performance Centre, loved the cheeky shot from Pineapple Pete towards Jericho. Looking forward to Double or Nothing now.

Fair play to Brandi for not reacting. I guess you're probably advised to not move.
    Jake didn't know what he was doing with his mask. Was off and on so often.

The guy with the Dark Order that didn't have a top on, who's called 10 apparently, seemed familiar. The way he moved and his spinebuster. But after googling I was wrong. no one I know.

As for Britt
    image.png?w=500&c=1
    I did appreciate her trying to get Brandi in the ring though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

ricero wrote: »
    Another wwe midcarder now in a world title match.

A real whiff of TNA off AEW this year.

Presumably when Mick Foley & Triple H were selling out the Garden and doing a record number at the 2000 Royal Rumble you were saying "bang of mid 90's undercard WCW off this sh*t" in between diatribes about how this Austin kid couldn't make it past US title level down South. :D

Monokne wrote: »
    Presumably when Mick Foley & Triple H were selling out the Garden and doing a record number at the 2000 Royal Rumble you were saying "bang of mid 90's undercard WCW off this sh*t" in between diatribes about how this Austin kid couldn't make it past US title level down South. :D

I think that's called a false equivalency. Foley and HHH had worked their way up to the top of WWE's card over years, made themselves stars and had long cast-off any WCW ties by then.

Brodie Lee is literally in the door at AEW, has had 4 matches against jobbers and is getting a title shot based off "Hey, this guy was in WWE."

This type of thing is straight from TNA's playbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Really enjoyed Dynamite this week!

Britt Baker goes from strength to strength as does Lance Archer!

Absolutely loved the main event and Kenny Omegas moonsault was fantastic!

Sammy reminds me so much of Eddie Guerreo.He is destined for the very top!

Le Champion is such a legend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I can honestly say of all the empty arena stuff I've seen in any company that Dynamite show blew away everything else. Even without fans it held up as one of the best wrestling weekly TV shows of the last couple of years. Very good all the way up to the main event which took it right over the top. It's scored a strong number in the demo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Really enjoyed Dynamite this week!

Britt Baker goes from strength to strength as does Lance Archer!

Absolutely loved the main event and Kenny Omegas moonsault was fantastic!

Sammy reminds me so much of Eddie Guerreo.He is destined for the very top!

Le Champion is such a legend!!

Sammy has a ways to go in that comparison but of course has all the time in the world to love up to it.

Eddie was possibly the most lovable face ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Sting teasing a move to AEW. His contract with WWE is finished

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

BSK wrote: »
    Sting teasing a move to AEW. His contract with WWE is finished

Where did he "tease a move"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭briany

If he were to move, would AEW want him as an active talent? I thought AEW wanted to use younger talent, or at least talent who has had little prior national exposure, as their in-ring guys. It would be fun to see Sting randomly being seen in the rafters, though, if AEW found the right context for those appearances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

He's been tweeting about AEW and AEW talent a lot more I think.
    Those are probably the teases people are referring to.

He's 61 with a banjaxed neck. AEW would be silly to spend money on him, especially so in such an uncertain time.

I can't remember him ever being in a managerial or authority figure role so why sign him? He'd just be another old legend figure like Arn and Tully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

J. Marston wrote: »
    He's 61 with a banjaxed neck. AEW would be silly to spend money on him, especially so in such an uncertain time.

I can't remember him ever being in a managerial or authority figure role so why sign him? He'd just be another old legend figure like Arn and Tully.

Authority figure for a while in Impact.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'd love to see him again, his last run in the WWE left a sour taste in my mouth and it would be nice to see it brushed over. He doesn't need to wrestle proper matches imo, just be himself in a serious storyline with a mix of younger and older guys and give the rub instead of doing the job (oooh matron)

As I said in another thread use him as a mentor to Darby Allin.

AEW like a good retired star there as a mentor.

He could also be used like Bret was and give the TNT Title to the winner of the tournament.

i dont think the retired stars is working besides Jake for different reasons spears is not good enough for anyone to care about with tully and arn doesnt add anything to cody as hes big enough alone and doesnt need a mentor for me

but im huge fan of sting would not mind him on my screen at all

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

So aew have Mike Tyson handing over the TNT title at double or nothing. I hope he gets to knock someone out lol

AEW explaining everyone in the Daily's Place has been tested for Covid-19 and are wearing a yellow wrist band and this is the only way to get in.

AEW did a semi decent job piping in crowd noise tonight I felt.

Decent set ups for Double or Nothing going on throughout the show.

Tony's audible Oh when Penelope Ford did the jumping splits was great :)

If Britt can improve in the ring she will be the full package.

The Inner Circle vs The Elite inside the 80k Jaguars stadium, I'm guessing this will be a cinematic match.

RIP Vanguard 1.

Iron Mike Tyson to present the TNT title, I wonder is this what the training videos of Tyson were about this week.

The original choice to be The Higher Power vs The Exalted One was a good match.

I know it's not WWE, but after what WWE have done in NXT and what they're doing with the IC and Cruiserweight titles, why hasn't the AEW tag title situation been addressed?

• Advertisement

That iron mike news is out of nowhere

What is up with page miss most of the last months show is he just in a state that he can’t travel or injured

Advertisement