Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Fyter Fest free and will be in for 2 nights

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Greatest relationship in wrestling today is Britt and Tony. The way he was her motivation for getting up that hill. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tony has been the MVP of AEW for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Greatest relationship in wrestling today is Britt and Tony. The way he was her motivation for getting up that hill. :)

Yea she is doing a great job of heeling it up especially since her injury which maybe in the long run could be the best thing for her.

Enjoyed Dynamite again this week, the only thing i didnt really like was the table spot in the main event as Cody just got straight back up, the ref should have started the 10 count and both just making it back in the ring at 9.5 etc

I wonder could we see Darby getting involved in the Mox/Cage match to get revenge on Cage after DON? Could be a great storyline imo especially Darby as the underdog

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Guys.... seriously.... what if this has all been a work.

Corny's constant griping about the AEW tag division (back slap tags, flippy spots, etc).

Yet he watched and reviewed the show every week? Generating increasingly more heat with hardcore AEW fans?

Got so offended by the Stadium Stampede match that he swore off ever watching AEW again, only for the most old-school, hard-hitting, southern style tag team to show up the VERY NEXT WEEK. Then do his podcast? Then claim they have legit heat with Cody and the Bucks over comments made in shoot interviews?

This just all fits together far too nicely.

If Cornette shows up as their manager this could be one of the greatest works of all time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pig will fly before Jim Cornette shows up in All Elite Wrestling.

Can’t see it but it would be good. I’d rather wait until a crowd is there for that heat

Jericho’s podcast is brilliant. The ones with Hardy, FT, Archer, Britt Baker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I know the roster is limited due to Covid and you don't want to give away money matches on TV but not mad about FTR debuting against Butcher and The Blade. Two similar heel teams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Matt Hardy is the dirt worst

I was honestly surprised to see that when watching live. Cool touch.

Matt Hardy referencing previous gimmicks of his, is also a cool touch.

FTR had a great debut match against Butcher & The Blade, though the post-match thing with Tony, then The Bucks, and the entire AEW Tag Team division, they've got plenty of options in terms of feuds/story lines, keep them as far away from The Young Bucks for as long as possible.

Penelope Ford being the one to pin Hikaru Shida was also surprising, would have thought Nyla or Kris Statlander would've been the one to get the pin and win. So I'm assuming Penelope's in line for a future shot at Shida?

Jungle Boy last week, Marq Quen this week, I can see and appreciate what Cody Rhodes is trying to do with the TNT Championship. It'll be beneficial to whoever beats him for said Championship in the long run.

Moxley/Cage - that's just gonna be a brawl. Maybe some shenanigans from Tazz.

And lastly, Chris Jericho on commentary, is there anything the man can't do?

I also like that focus on the Tag Team division is just limiting the Tag Teams as they are all also getting singles matches as well and using some of them for Cody's TNT champions to show them off as individual wrestlers as well is a great idea.

Sonny Kiss & Joey Janela, another potential tag team there as well, if that's the route they choose to go.

I want to see Orange Cassidy step up to Cody for the TNT Championship, but he seems to be occupied with Jericho and The Inner Circle at the moment. Mike Tyson/Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara down the line?

Sammy Guevara too is another one who could step up to Cody, but it seems like what he's doing with Matt Hardy for now, seems there's groundwork/seed being set for a potential face turn?

They've got all the options to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shida was very lucky with that rope spot. Her neck got caught under the bottom rope and snapped back...

https://i.imgur.com/fqIPdt6.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Does anyone know exactly what arn Andersons role backstage is ? I ask because I listen to his podcast and just the knowledge he has for professional wrestling is amazing. I hope that whatever his role is off air that the young wrestlers are asking him his advice because if they aren't then that's a shame.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Does anyone know exactly what arn Andersons role backstage is ? I ask because I listen to his podcast and just the knowledge he has for professional wrestling is amazing. I hope that whatever his role is off air that the young wrestlers are asking him his advice because if they aren't then that's a shame.

According to the Roster section of the AEW website, he's down as a Coach. Same thing on the Wikipedia page, but hovering the mouse over it, it says Road Agent.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Shida was very lucky with that rope spot. Her neck got caught under the bottom rope and snapped back...

https://i.imgur.com/fqIPdt6.gifv

Even though she wasn't in the match, I blame Nia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Watching Dynamite for the first time in a long time and for maybe the third time ever so excuse the potentially blindingly obvious statements to follow. It really is very good and feels like a real alternative to WWE.

Logical storytelling, and not unnecessarily complicated or stupidly "comedic". Definitely going to try and catch it more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Just to follow on from that positivity. Thought the in ring on Dynamite this week was really good, well worked and felt crisp in several matches, really enjoyed it.

I will say I thought FTR seemed to be a bit off. Maybe just out of practice.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I will say I thought FTR seemed to be a bit off. Maybe just out of practice.

Only released in April, debuted last Wednesday, there'd probably be some ring rust.

Unless they used the ring Edge has to keep the ring rust away.

Whichever is the fat spitfire pilot out of Butcher and Blade also botched a couple of moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Er....I see Allie is advertised for next week's dynamite as being in the corner of Dustin Rhodes in a tag match. Is she not the bunny anymore?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Whichever is the fat spitfire pilot out of Butcher and Blade also botched a couple of moves.

Yea i think he is still a bit green in the ring which may have had an impact on the FTR flow of the match

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ah thats really crap for Statlander especially with her being booked on regular basis. I wonder will they do a Baker vs Statlander feud from each side of the ring

Is Omega still booking the women's division? That's now Baker and Statlander injured in utterly unnecessary hi risk spots for the weekly TV show. Whoever has the book needs to be fired, and the division needs to drastically shift focus toward characters and psychology. I trust Khan to do neither of these things.

• Advertisement

It looks like another cracking show.

#AEW Tag Title:
    Kenny/Hangman v Dustin Rhodes & QT

#1 Contenders Match:
    Chris Jericho/Sammy Guevara v Best Friends

Cody Rhodes TNT Title defense

The Young Bucks v Sabian/Havoc

MJF v Billy Gunn

Advertisement