Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Games stuck in Calculating Mode

Options
  • 01-01-2019 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi guys, got a ps4 recently. Going mad. All my downloads are taking 99 plus hours to download. I’ve only one game loading at the moment and it’s still calculating. It’s not even downloading. It’s been three hours and it’s still calculating . Very annoyed. Internet is with SKY and has always been fast. I can post connection and speed details if that’s helpful. Please help.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Eimee90 wrote: »
    Hi guys, got a ps4 recently. Going mad. All my downloads are taking 99 plus hours to download. I’ve only one game loading at the moment and it’s still calculating. It’s not even downloading. It’s been three hours and it’s still calculating . Very annoyed. Internet is with SKY and has always been fast. I can post connection and speed details if that’s helpful. Please help.

Wi-fi or wired?
    How big are the games?
    Are you trying to download them all at the same time?

Try downloading a small free game to see what happens.
    Valthirian Arc is less tha 1GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Eimee90

Hi
    F1ngers wrote: »

Wi-fi or wired?
    How big are the games?
    Are you trying to download them all at the same time?

Try downloading a small free game to see what happens.
    Valthirian Arc is less tha 1GB.

Wifi.

It’s Assassins creed Ezio the Trilogy but I also tried downloading one that was 10 gb and it wouldn’t get past calculate . I can’t get past calculate at all. It’s a brand new PS4 as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hi

Wifi.

It’s Assassins creed Ezio the Trilogy but I also tried downloading one that was 10 gb and it wouldn’t get past calculate . I can’t get past calculate at all. It’s a brand new PS4 as well

Buy some homeplugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't have the PS set up for wifi but even with a wired connection the PSN can be iffy. A recent patch seems to have slowed things further with this copying malarkey.
    Sometimes simply pausing and restarting the DL can kick start it. Other times it makes things worse.

Advertisement