Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tool for crow control

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

I would have thought that the crows on the bale would scare them away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

I would have thought that the crows on the bale would scare them away.

No - the opposite.

They will come in cawing & screeching, hovering over the bales - have often shot 3 at a time with semi-auto using this method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Feisar wrote: »
    I used to have a HMR, yes she has more legs than the .22 but the wind at distance is the killer. Approx, 15 inches at 200 for a 10MPH wind. thats a fair bit given a 2MPH error in ones wind speed estimate equates to being 3 inches off target, before any other error is acccounted for.

That sounds shocking altogether, I often wondered about a HMR and how good they were, usually I'd be on a long drive and then forget to google it of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Benny mcc

Every round has some trouble in wind. Don't dismiss just because of that. It's a fantastic round other than that. The hmr that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭daleshooter

I find ladder traps work very well bait them and leave for 2 days before you check them caught 70 Grey's with mine last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

I find ladder traps work very well bait them and leave for 2 days before you check them caught 70 Grey's with mine last year

Bait them with what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭daleshooter

Bait them with what.

Get scraps from a Butcher I find them good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Is there a manual flapper out there. The battery operated one's are an awful price. It would be worth trying one out before I got an automated one.

I have one lying unused, had it for the pigeons but don’t get the time anymore.
    Works well with pigeons so don’t see why it wouldn’t work with crows.

Advertisement