Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2019 Season

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Where is LIFT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Where is LIFT?
    I don't know what you expect LIFT to do.

LIFT is a small group of well-intentioned fans who ultimately don't have much money at all, and have no influence.

osarusan wrote: »
    I don't know what you expect LIFT to do.

LIFT is a small group of well-intentioned fans who ultimately don't have much money at all, and have no influence.
    Way to get ahead of yourself :rolleyes:

I just asked where they were as I hadn't heard a word from them, not that I wanted a bailout.

Shaun Kelly's strike against Bray. Don't know how to embed facebook videos.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLimerickFC/videos/349079872418557/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Sean Russell reveals issues with club paying his medical costs on Off The Ball today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3w76ueiyMg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

jonski wrote: »
    Sean Russell reveals issues with club paying his medical costs on Off The Ball today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3w76ueiyMg

If true, it's a disgrace

I can forgive Pat O'Sullivan a lot, as, at the end of the day, it was his own money he was spending (and, by and large, wasting). In many ways, we're no worse off than if he'd never come along.

But not covering injury treatment is shameful stuff. Even worse than not paying wages. And he still sits in the stand and berates them for not working hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Pat O'Sullivan has lost all sympathy from me, this talk of sure look at all the money he's pumped into the club is BS imo. He knew exactly that there was no money to be made from LOI and that any money spent would never be recouped. He talked about the club being self sustainable or at least trying to be as self sustainable as possible but it was him that was paying the likes of Aaron Greene over a grand a week literally 12 months after he came out in 2015 and said he couldn't continue to run the club the way it was being ran but then pays wages that premier clubs couldn't afford while we were in the first division. You can't cry wolf in the media about the high costs of a running the club, cut backs and then go on to spend even more money.

There's only one reason why Pat O'Sullivan won't leave and still continued to pump money in, big money even after he said it couldn't continue and cuts would need to be made and it's all to do with his ego.

People might say I'm just sounding ungrateful and that fans weren't complaining when Pat was spending his money, but you will find that a lot of fans were questioning the amounts of money being spent and how it was being spent and even predicting that what's happening now will come sooner rather than later.

This season alone has shown that when the club got relegated back in 2016 that the club could have reduced it's budget massively and still competed in the first division rather than paying the lads premier Division wages for a part time schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

players surely have insurance? either directly or indirectly via the clubs??

Drogheda 3-2 Limerick

(Murphy penalty, Foley)

Limerick were only able to put 3 outfield players on the bench tonight as injuries have really affected the squad.

Both teams had chances in the first half, with Karl O'Sullivan coming close for Limerick, but it was Drogheda who were in control and they lead at half-time when they scored from a header after a long ball caused confusion in our defence.

We were more more attacking in the second half, and got back into things when Darren Murphy scored from the spot after Shane Tracy was fouled. Unfortunately we have away two penalties of our own over the next 10 minutes to go 3-1 down. On 83 minutes substitute Adam Foley flicked home a Shane Tracy delivery, but we couldn't find an equaliser.

Drogheda leapfrog us into 4th position after that result.

Next game: Away to Cobh Ramblers, Saturday May 18th, 7pm.

Great officiating tonight, a dog with a mallet up his arse would do a better job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Update on the Sean Russell interview with OTB , not good .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUUqYgg8l0

Limerick players considering strike action over unpaid wages/expenses.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0515/1049707-limerick-players-to-meet-over-possible-strike-action/

Horrible time to be a fan of the club, some shameful stuff going on.

Hopefully they do strike, sooner this version of the club dies the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Pat was on Live95fm saying everything is fine :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Shambles of a club

So are the players on strike as of now or will they strike next week if payments for April aren't made on the 23rd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Christ - another version of senior football in Limerick on the way out

the bigger issue here is that since Pat Graces time all anyone has said is that the only future for LOI football in town was at the markets field

If they cant make it there, where does it go

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Christ - another version of senior football in Limerick on the way out

the bigger issue here is that since Pat Graces time all anyone has said is that the only future for LOI football in town was at the markets field

If they cant make it there, where does it go

The rent and restrictions at the markets field make it an nonviable option long term

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    The rent and restrictions at the markets field make it an nonviable option long term

What is the setup. I would have thought the rent would be nominal.

What are the issues?

mitresize5 wrote: »
    What is the setup. I would have thought the rent would be nominal.

What are the issues?

The rent is sizable, they have limited times to use the ground too. I remember there was a league last year, and Limerick groundstaff weren't allowed in till the day of the game.

Don't want to say a figure as i don't know an exact figure, I just know that to cover costs they needed to sell at least 500 tickets.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    The rent is sizable, they have limited times to use the ground too. I remember there was a league last year, and Limerick groundstaff weren't allowed in till the day of the game.

Don't want to say a figure as i don't know an exact figure, I just know that to cover costs they needed to sell at least 500 tickets.

First game of last season that was. Weren't allowed in to do any ground work to fix the pitch, think they were allowed in the day before the game.

LEDP are a nightmare to deal with. Only for the LDMC are bigger ***** I'd say go back to Jackman and let the Markets field rot. No one else pays the same amount as limerick do per game to use the place and wouldn't be surprised if half the rugby games are left play their for free seeing as the gowl that thinks he personally owns the place has a massive hard on to see rugby player their full time and wants nothing to do with football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Shame. I always thought JP redeveloped it purposefully for Limerick senior soccer.
    Those rent fees are insane. At this stage it would be for the best if the club folded and a local consortium entered a fully amateur outfit henceforth. Make some connections with UL and develop talent through there. UCD are an amateur outfit with a small fan Base and they are doing just fine with plenty making the grade in England afterwards too. Mceleney and Conor salmon spring to mind.

Shame. I always thought JP redeveloped it purposefully for Limerick senior soccer.
    Those rent fees are insane. At this stage it would be for the best if the club folded and a local consortium entered a fully amateur outfit henceforth. Make some connections with UL and develop talent through there. UCD are an amateur outfit with a small fan Base and they are doing just fine with plenty making the grade in England afterwards too. Mceleney and Conor salmon spring to mind.

You'd hope that after being fobbed around by Pat that the Daly group would go about applying for their own licence. Some of the people involved, those that we know are well respected in junior football so could have the backing from the junior sides and you'd need a brand new entity with no connection whatsoever to Pat for UL to even consider anything limerick related given the money that's owed to them.

Cobh 2-3 Limerick

(Murphy 2, Tracy)

You know, considering all the crap they've been through regarding wages and stability, there's a lot to admire about this team, a lot of fight about them.

We were the better team in the first half and after surviving an early offside Cobh goal, we went ahead though a Murphy penalty after a foul on Robbie Willams. We were 2-0 up at the break after Shane Tracy scored a rebound from a McSweeney shot a couple of minutes before halftime.

Cobh came right back into it in the second half, scoring 2 goals in 10 minutes to level things. According to Limerick FC facebook updates it was end to end stuff and Brady had to make some saves, but we got the win thanks to another Darren Murphy penalty with 10 minutes to go.

Next game: home to Cabinteely, Friday May 24th, 7.45pm...unless the players go on strike as promised. Which, if they still have not been paid, they absolutely should do.

Shaun Kelly suspended for next game due to five yellows, whenever that next game may be.

• Advertisement

FAI can be pretty slow enforcing suspensions, wouldn't be surprised if he's available for Cabo if the game actually happens and the suspension to take affect for the Athlone game.

Advertisement