Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotel in KK City

• 02-01-2019 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some local knowledge on which hotel would be best

Looking for something central, within easy walking distance of restaurants/bars and some local attractions but not in the thick of it that its too noisey

Ones I've seen are
    Hotel Kilkenny
    Ormonde
    Hibernian
    Kilford Arms
    Kilkenny Inn Hotel
    Club House Hotel

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

Ormonde and the Hibernian are both excellent hotels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Have stayed in both the Hibernian and Ormond and preferred the Hibernian to be honest.
    Breakfast was better as was the comfort of the rooms. Both hotels next to the large car park.
    We also have stayed in the Kilkenny river court but that was a number of years ago but was also excellent, unsure what’s its like currently but again it’s a central hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fraido

If you’re looking for central then both Hibernian and Ormonde are very central and are good places to stay. River court is also very central and is a lovely hotel. Kilford arms is not good, clubhouse is quite dated. Kilkenny inn and hotel Kilkenny are both a bit of a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭sunflower3

Have a look at the Pembroke hotel also. Its very central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Hibernian for me, left bank across the road a d always good for a late residents bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rum Ham!

I would also highly recommend Hibernian and Pembroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Rather Dempsey is handy but I think it's a hostel now

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Butler house looks nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

mikekerry wrote: »
    Butler house looks nice

Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Rather Dempsey is handy but I think it's a hostel now

Rafter Dempsey in Friary street I presume you are talking about is a very good pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Stay clear of the Kilford Arms, usually stags and hens there. Clubhouse Hotel is very dated but close to everything.
    Hibernian hotel is really nice but parking comes at a cost.
    Ornonde hotel also very nice, not sure if they charge for parking.
    Kilkenny Inn is close to things too without being bang on the middle.
    Hotel Kilkenny is a bit further out, 10-15 minute walk but a really nice hotel too

Advertisement