Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter adjustment

Options
  • 02-01-2019 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello

We miss the meter reading every time as it's during working hours. Texting the reading doesn't seem to work as we got a letter saying that the bills were estimated for 12 months and the reading have to be adjusted.
    The bill is in our landlords name so we don't have the access to online account.
    Can I pm relevant info in order to adjust the meter reading?
    Best regards

Greg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Electric Ireland: Brige

Hi Greg,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, you can submit a meter reading here on Boards.ie via private message, once the bill has been issued. This will cause an updated bill to be issued with the correct reading. We recommend doing this as quickly as possible after the bill has been received.

Please note, if the account is not in your name then we won't be able to provide you with details of the account, but once the new bill has been generated it will be issued as normal.

To update the meter reading, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • The Electric Ireland account number
    • The address of the premises
    • Your own contact number
    • The up-to-date meter reading
    • The date the reading was taken 
    [*]
    We can then look into updating this for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mcglinch

Card to say that reader missed me today 7/2/2019, was dropped. In my letter box sometime after 8.30 this morning. Now at 16.40, your system will not accept my reading online. System advises me that you have already commenced issuing my bill - This is a ridiculous situation - as I have previously advised you and your meter reader that the meter is located outside my back door and accessible through a garden gate. Please acknowledge my complaint in this instance and correct your missed reading procedures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi mcglinch,

The meter-readers are from ESB Networks and they read electricity meters on behalf of Electric Ireland and other electricity billing companies. The details left on the card relates to their system, if you contact ESB Networks on 1850 372 757 with your MPRN to hand.

We can process a meter-reading here in Electric Ireland when the customer receives an estimated bill. We recommend sending the reading to us immediately so that we can cancel the estimated bill and replace it with the accurate one.

If you would like to send us a meter-reading here on Boards.ie, just private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, name, address and the meter-reading. We are here on our social media channels until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement