Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The date the rent was last set under a tenancy for the dwelling

• 02-01-2019 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

What does 'The date the rent was last set under a tenancy for the dwelling' mean exactly?
    My query: Tenants A& B paid €1500 pm for tenancy which began Aug 2016.
    Tenants A & B split up and moved out Jan 2017.

Tenant X moved in Jan 2017 at the same rent €1500 pm. Tenant X now moving out to share with friend.

I'm in RPZ. Do I calculate new rent on the Aug 2016 date or on the January 2017 date? There's a difference of €35 a month involved.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

What does 'The date the rent was last set under a tenancy for the dwelling' mean exactly?
    My query: Tenants A& B paid €1500 pm for tenancy which began Aug 2016.
    Tenants A & B split up and moved out Jan 2017.

Tenant X moved in Jan 2017 at the same rent €1500 pm. Tenant X now moving out to share with friend.

I'm in RPZ. Do I calculate new rent on the Aug 2016 date or on the January 2017 date? There's a difference of €35 a month involved.
    Thanks
    In your case August 2016, it is the date of the last increase, it does not matter if you had different tenants in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks GGTrek - that's what I thought but needed to check.

Advertisement