Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Same, one biscuit= whole packet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Jude13 wrote: »
    I am the same, zero chance of me having one square of chocolate.

People who can open a bar of chocolate, take one square and close it back and put it away are not normal in my opinion :D

I believe that if you open it and don't eat all in one go, it will go bad and have to be thrown away and what a waste that would be. It makes me feel a little better about scoffing chocolate down.

Although in fairness I'm not too bad when it comes to sweets and chocolates, I can resist most but I will go weak for Galaxy. My kryptonite is Galaxy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Same, one biscuit= whole packet :(

Stop I'm the same I bought 2 packets of biscuits 3 weeks ago and put them striaght up to the Christmas press cause knowing if I open to have one I'll be forever picking at them until they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

Get a pack of funsize whatevers. Open it and put them in the freezer. All in different places, some buried right at the back under lots of stuff. So you'll probably find one easily enough, maybe two. But you'll have to really really want a third to go looking for it. Now personally, I hate rooting in the freezer, it's just soooooo cold, so it works for me. Then I can't really justify buying more cos I know there are already some in the house.
    This has worked in the past. More recently I tend not to bother cos the kids just manage to spot them and the nagging/whining is worse than the desire for chocolate. Right now I just get the pack of 85% bars in aldi cos it's not as easy to eat loads of that plus the kids wont go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Looks like we’re all guilty of it but I do find that I can limit myself when I’m on a good run of it tracking everything religiously on MFP. When I’m not and someone brings home a big jar of Nutella...I won’t tell ye how long it lasts :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

L'prof wrote: »
    Looks like we’re all guilty of it but I do find that I can limit myself when I’m on a good run of it tracking everything religiously on MFP. When I’m not and someone brings home a big jar of Nutella...I won’t tell ye how long it lasts :o

There's a reason why Nutella is not allowed in my house.....

...me

I'm the reason :pac:

I would literally eat it from the jar with a spoon.

Loughc wrote: »
    There's a reason why Nutella is not allowed in my house.....

...me

I'm the reason :pac:

I would literally eat it from the jar with a spoon.

It’s like crack. It’s my better halfs addiction moreso than mine but I’ve learned that if I don’t get in there I won’t get any so now we’re like a pair of Gollums anytime it enters the house!

I clearly remember the look on someone’s face in work one day when I said we’d rarely have it in the house because it’s so addictive. He said he didn’t really get it and was asking what we put it on - a spoon was definitely not the answer he expected :eek::pac::pac:

Steps well down today. I couldn’t bring myself to do it with it being so cold, wet and windy. I got soaked to the bone twice already this week, it can’t be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions folks. I can be absolutely brilliant when I’m in the headspace to be fair. Just struggling with that right now. Considered going syn free on food for a while and doing myself up low syn bags so I can have one a day but I think tackling the habit is also important because I shouldn’t ‘need’ a treat every evening to help me relax

I’ve stabilised my weight, there’s no more gain just have to tip myself over the edge into losing again now

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy2020

Hi All. My.problem area is chocolate/cake. I can easily avoid bread and high calorie dinners or takeaways but have a very sweet tooth. So much so I can easily put on a full stone over a three week Xmas. So this year I am going to.do what I did a few years ago the year I was getting married. That Christmas I didn't buy any tins of sweets or pringles etc. Instead i bought a good few packs of the full size Wispas, Double Deckers etc. So instead of eating my way through at least 4 tins of chocolates I would have a bar maybe even two bars a night. Still a lot of chocolate but noway near what i would usually eat. And of course avoid the snowballs, tunnocks teacakes and mince pies too lol.

• Advertisement

Snowballs and Tunnocks Teacakes are to die for.

Chocolate is my downfall too.

I’m going to let myself go over Christmas and literally let myself enjoy it all. January is shïte enough so I’m happy to get back on track in Jan anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm the exact same, I have let myself go a bit this year, and, thanks to a kitchen renovation at the moment, have been just eating fast food and ready meals for the past week.

It's too late now to lose weight so I can gain it at Christmas :pac: so I am just going to enjoy the festivities after such a bizarre and awful year, and then get back on track with eating better in the new year/spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

The Nutella is crack comment 'cracked' me up. My eldest used to eat it but went off it. I would still buy it and attack it with a teaspoon when the family were not looking. It's my joy and shame.

Had the gym this am and it was leg day but not too bad as my calf is a bit dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Don't get the Nutella thing at all. The kids do love it though, they'd eat it on everything. I'm actually one of those people that can have a couple of squares of chocolate and leave the rest to others, I find it quite luscious and can't eat a lot of it at all. I do like a tunnocks tea cake though, but my real downfall are scones, cakes and any kind of fruit breads, stollen, oxford lunch etc. I could eat that stuff til its all gone washed down with a nice mug of tea, hence christmas being a disaster zone in waiting. Still, if this year has taught us anything is that life is too short & we should enjoy it while we can, so I'll not be holding back too much this year!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Still, if this year has taught us anything is that life is too short & we should enjoy it while we can, so I'll not be holding back too much this year!

Usually at Christmas I still try to be a bit good however this year forget about it. Going all out for the few weeks and worry about it in January!

I’m a raving lunatic once I get going!

The wife just got a box of these amazing brownies as we have a relatively new babba in the house. As soon as I got home I devoured one with a cup of coffee and proceeded to log to MFP as I’d just weighed the piece. I wasn’t happy with the options I was getting so I’ve emailed the shop they came from to see if they can put a guesstimate on it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Coping better this week and I think it was all your positivity folks. Breakfast on track, been for a walk, Homemade soup for lunch, some workout with the switch too and heading downstairs to cook healthy dinner now. Christmas love to you all!

Coping better this week and I think it was all your positivity folks. Breakfast on track, been for a walk, Homemade soup for lunch, some workout with the switch too and heading downstairs to cook healthy dinner now. Christmas love to you all!

Good to hear :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well they don't count obviously. :rolleyes: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Posy wrote: »
    Well they don't count obviously. :rolleyes: :pac:

Christmas week is exempt from calories, a well known fact :D

Christmas 2 weeks you mean :P

Christmas 2 weeks you mean :P

I heard it was the whole of December :)

I heard it was the whole of December :)

I'll compromise Sat Dec 19th - Mon Jan 4th

I'll compromise Sat Dec 19th - Mon Jan 4th

Works for me. I can cram a month of bad eating into that time frame!

Works for me. I can cram a month of bad eating into that time frame!

Is it just me or does blow outs start on a Saturday and a diet starts on a Monday.

Is it just me or does blow outs start on a Saturday and a diet starts on a Monday.

Saturday is my treat day. One more day to go :D

I usually try to start something new on a Sunday as Mondays can be bad enough on their own!

Ugh, phone died while out walking. Luckily the wife was out with me so I was able to guesstimate my steps from hers :D:D:D

Week 1 = -4.5lbs
    Week 2 = -2.5lbs
    Week 3 = -4lbs

Last week I moved my Weight in day to a Saturday as that works better into my Christmas plans.

I’m absolutely delighted to be down 4. I thought the scales initially said 2 and I was delighted then when I realised it was 4 I was ecstatic.

Down 11lbs in 3 weeks. I’m only hoping for 1.5lb this week as weighing in on Friday this week due to the toy show treats and takeaway Friday night. If I can hit a stone down before the 19th Dec I will be delighted.

Week 27th Nov I’d love a 1.5lb weight loss but honestly would take any as after losing 4lbs my body tends to fight back.

Week of Dec 5th will be a gain. As I’ll be 4 days off plan then 4 days back on plan. But I’m going to accept the gain and more importantly ENJOY the gain.

That gives me 2 more weight ins to try and reach my mini target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Super work man, well done!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement