Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Well done Jude, phenomenal effort. I think I speak for us all when I say we’re looking forward to seeing the clean shaven fake tan pics on Christmas Day :p:p:p In all seriousness though no matter how good I looked or confident I was I would have told him to do one! That’s ridiculous. Are you living out foreign? I can’t imagine a Paddy having the neck to put the pressure on like that!

And now for the repercussions of my own aforementioned splurge...

Week|Cals|Steps|Exer|Water|Drink|Loss|Total
    1|1821|10966|0|8|0|-2.4|-2.4
    2|2291|9681|0|10|3|-2.8|-5.2
    3|2219|13250|1|10|2|-4.2|-9.4
    4|2922|10199|4|8|7+|+3.4|-6.0

I’m a little disappointed to have bounced back quiet so much but steps and water were well down and food and booze were well up. I’ll just have to take it on the chin and try to have a good week this week. At least in the last 2 weeks there’s still a loss. And I’m going to take some encouragement from the fact that I managed to hit the gym 4 times in the last week so I’ll attribute part of the gain to an increase in muscle. I was bulking this week lads...time to hide the goodies :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

L'prof, I am abroad and my trainer was Moraocan/English.

Your steps are really good, keep the activity up. Also the booze is the real kicker.

What metric are you using kg, lbs?

Jude13 wrote: »
    L'prof, I am abroad and my trainer was Moraocan/English.

Your steps are really good, keep the activity up. Also the booze is the real kicker.

What metric are you using kg, lbs?

Oh lbs all the way. I’ll never take to kg. I got on the scales again today and was down again so it’s not as bad as I feared. I’m gonna go to the gym as often as I can before Christmas and that should help somewhat. I might have to try and use my resistance bands for the week of Christmas that I’m at home with no gym. If it stays dry I’ll go walking with the dog. I’ve bought wet pants but I don’t think I’ll be able to force myself out on the cold and wet days

I had fallen out of the habit of weighing myself so yesterday morning, what used to be my usual weigh in day, I was quite shocked to realise I had passed one of my goals and am well on my way to the next one! Can't believe it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

I had fallen out of the habit of weighing myself so yesterday morning, what used to be my usual weigh in day, I was quite shocked to realise I had passed one of my goals and am well on my way to the next one! Can't believe it :)

Great stuf Eskie, sounds like a lovely Friday morning start!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Week 1 = -4.5lbs
    Week 2 = -2.5lbs
    Week 3 = -4lbs
    Week 4 =-1.5lb
    Week 5 = +0.5lb
    Week 6 = -3lbs

Down 3lbs this week. Delighted with that. One more weigh in before my Christmas break and ideally I’d love to lose 1.7lb pounds or more. As that brings me into the next stone bracket.

Down 15lbs in total in 6 weeks which I’m obviously thrilled with. Still a long way to go tho stupid lockdowns.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if I gained it all again at Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    And I wouldn’t be surprised if I gained it all again at Christmas :D

At least you wouldn’t as guilty doing it :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    At least you wouldn’t as guilty doing it :D

Exactly I’m earning my Christmas gain now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Great work guys!!

I think I’ve began the Christmas celebrations a bit early this year :p

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    Oh lbs all the way. I’ll never take to kg. I got on the scales again today and was down again so it’s not as bad as I feared. I’m gonna go to the gym as often as I can before Christmas and that should help somewhat. I might have to try and use my resistance bands for the week of Christmas that I’m at home with no gym. If it stays dry I’ll go walking with the dog. I’ve bought wet pants but I don’t think I’ll be able to force myself out on the cold and wet days

Good going! Are you outside of the EU too?

Good going! Are you outside of the EU too?

Only seeing this now. No I'm on the motherland

I've really gone into Christmas mode here. Up another little bit this week. Little ones birthday at the weekend so I drank all the drinks and ate all the things. Walking hasn't been great, my only savior is the gym. I've gone 6 times in the last week and it doesn't open on Sundays. I've managed to go 12 times this month already. I looked at a pic from today and 8 weeks ago and I definitely see a big difference so even though the scales don't reflect much progress the last couple of weeks I'm happy enough

Week|Steps|Exer|Loss|Total
    1|10966|0|-2.4|-2.4
    2|9681|0|-2.8|-5.2
    3|13250|1|-4.2|-9.4
    4|10199|4|+3.4|-6.0
    5|7529|6|+0.6|-5.4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Hadn't weighed myself in a few weeks so did so this morning, having started to indulge in mince pies & stollen a tad more frequently I was expecting the worst, but was pleasantly surprised to be down to my normal 'walking around' weight despite gotten v.little exercise in for 2 weeks now due to work. Somehow have managed to lose 2 lbs in that time.

Makes little odds, that & more will be put on between now & Jan 4th!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Week 1 = -4.5lbs
    Week 2 = -2.5lbs
    Week 3 = -4lbs
    Week 4 =-1.5lb
    Week 5 = +0.5lb
    Week 6 = -3lbs
    Week 7 = -1lb

So that’s me bowing out of this thread until early January. Not one bit sorry I didn’t hit my mini target as my wife surprised me Wednesday night with a takeaway Eddie’s Rocket. It was devoured and enjoyed. I am still delighted with the overall weight loss and it give me confidence that I can do it all again and then some come January.

It’s my birthday today so the off plan starts from today for me. With a trip to the cinema to see Elf and then a takeaway tonight.

Sounds lovely LoughC!
    I'm also taking a break until early January - went out for dinner Wednesday night and Thursday really suffered because of it!

I have no idea whats going on with me, have had zero exercise and have managed to lose another 3lbs.. thats 6lbs in about a fortnight. Genuinely can't understand it, but will take the buffer zone as I'll need it between now and the new year.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Loughc wrote: »
    Week 1 = -4.5lbs
    Week 2 = -2.5lbs
    Week 3 = -4lbs
    Week 4 =-1.5lb
    Week 5 = +0.5lb
    Week 6 = -3lbs
    Week 7 = -1lb

So that’s me bowing out of this thread until early January. Not one bit sorry I didn’t hit my mini target as my wife surprised me Wednesday night with a takeaway Eddie’s Rocket. It was devoured and enjoyed. I am still delighted with the overall weight loss and it give me confidence that I can do it all again and then some come January.

It’s my birthday today so the off plan starts from today for me. With a trip to the cinema to see Elf and then a takeaway tonight.

Many happy returns :)

Well done everyone, enjoy the break! :) I'm very much looking forward to making a gluten of myself next week :D

Happy belated birthday Lough C!!!

I am out until Jan also. I got to 77kg then went on holiday for a week (the food holiday was quite a bit more than a week) so I put on 2kg but going to let loose this week.

Merry eating everyone

I am out until Jan also. I got to 77kg then went on holiday for a week (the food holiday was quite a bit more than a week) so I put on 2kg but going to let loose this week.

Merry eating everyone

77kg is some going. I think I weighed that for my confirmation...before the dinner :p I’ll log once more on Wednesday anyway. Not expecting much because I’ve kind of checked out mentally

• Advertisement

Merry eating everyone

Hope you had a nice few days away Jude.

So time to dust this thread off again. We have enjoyed our Christmas & New Year food and drink wise and now it's back to reality :)

Took the plunge and weighted myself this morning.........88kg.......was surprised as was sure would have been more!

As most of you know I have mentioned here before that weight is only one indicator for me so tried a couple of my go to t-shirts and lets say any happy surprise with the scales number was quickly put to bed :(

Was little lads actually birthday yesterday so had my last cake, chocolate, biscuits etc for a while. Having a healthy eating day today and then get back into the exercise as well from tomorrow.

I'm sure a few others will be doing the same so lets keep encouraging each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

I had managed to lose a stone in Oct/Nov. Weighed myself yesterday and have found half of it again. But I do that every year. My youngest has his birthday on Friday so my Christmas indulgence will run up to the weekend. Next Monday I'll start to eat cleanly again. I really need to shift a couple of stone, hoping to do that by next Christmas and then I'll have plenty of choice in what to wear instead of trying to choose between the two outfits that fit. I have a whole wardrobe that is about two stone too small for me at the moment. This year the motivation wasn't as stro g what with having nowhere to go and no reason to look particularly good because of noone to see either. I know I could do it for "me" but I'm a casual dresser at the best of times and as long as I have a comfy pair of jeans I'm happy.

So I'll be reading this thread a lot more from Monday.

I was amazed I'd only put a single pound on over christmas, had been 11 st 12 on the 19th Dec, and was 11st 13 the other day, though like you TRS I judge it more by clothes than numbers on the scale so when i went to put on a slim fit shirt for work yesterday for under a light jumper It felt constricted so I went for a regular fit one instead... not a good sign!

In saying that I'm not gonna go all gung ho on exercise a diet just yet, with another lockdown just started mental health is just as important so if I fancy a treat to pick me up I'll not be punishing myself too much, not yet anyway!

I was up 3lbs over Christmas but I don't care - I ate my weight in cheese and enjoyed time with family and it's worth every pound gained. Trying to clear out the last of the christmas goodies here and get some walking in this week, then back on plan properly next week.

I was down 16lbs just before Christmas with still some more to go, I'm due to weigh in on Saturday and the way I'm feeling I gained all those 16 and more. I'll keep ye all updated on Saturday but it won't be good but I'm not too bothered as I enjoyed myself.

Glad to see some traffic in here :) I'm still on track, quite happy that I enjoyed my treats over Christmas, and have been cutting back gradually this week as I don't think I can manage going cold turkey!

WoPHjhj2.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Brilliant!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

Lol - soooooo true!!

Advertisement