Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

There's many of us who are hoping that the scales are broken

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    There's many of us who are hoping that the scales are broken

My shirts shrank in the wash.... :o
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Up about 0.5-1kg give or take but I’m happy enough with that. Half back on it but still making some poor choices. I’m cocooning again and I hate it and it makes me want to comfort eat so I really need to watch it. Having said that I’m reliant on my husband to get the shopping/food so I just have to have the willpower to tell him not to bring it into the house. The last of the Christmas stuff is gone more or less now anyways!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

DvB wrote: »
    The humidity in my locker has definitely shrunk my work clothes. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Posy wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only one this happened to :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »

What are these work clothes you speak of... :pac:

Images of Lough C in Y fronts and a christmas jumper

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
    I was down 16lbs just before Christmas with still some more to go, I'm due to weigh in on Saturday and the way I'm feeling I gained all those 16 and more. I'll keep ye all updated on Saturday but it won't be good but I'm not too bothered as I enjoyed myself.

Week 0 = +7Lbs

Not bad considering it's been 3 weeks since I last weighed in. I deserved each and every pound but I also enjoyed every one of them. I've been good since Monday with the biggest slip coming on Wednesday but hey that was little Christmas :P

Ive a weasely question. Are we (1) taking our weight from 01 Jan on? Or are we (2)taking our weight from our lowest pre christmas?

I ask as I got to weight for a period of 30 seconds so that I could weigh in at that weight (12 Dec 2020) then went mental over Christmas. So if I compare to that weight I will have to be committed. I therefore will go with the option (1).

Week 0 = +1.5kg/3.3lbs

First night with no snacking at all on rubbish which is a start. To be fair I’ve been reducing it drastically but still

• Advertisement

Ive a weasely question. Are we (1) taking our weight from 01 Jan on? Or are we (2)taking our weight from our lowest pre christmas?

I ask as I got to weight for a period of 30 seconds so that I could weigh in at that weight (12 Dec 2020) then went mental over Christmas. So if I compare to that weight I will have to be committed. I therefore will go with the option (1).

Week 0 = +1.5kg/3.3lbs

I took my weight from my last weigh in which was Dec 19th.

How do you do a crying face?

Revised weight = +4.5kg/9.9lb

How do you do a crying face?

Revised weight = +4.5kg/9.9lb

It’s only 2.9lb more than me. And you’ve earned that. You crushed it before Christmas won’t be a bother to you.

You fully deserved that Jude, and by god I bet it was enjoyable.

I weighed in yesterday, gonna try and stick to Saturdays only now, and was up another lb from my weight on Saturday 19th Dec. So up 2lbs in total, with plenty of treats here and lockdown having a while to run this could increase steadily!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

The +4.5kg is from my lowest. My goal weight is -2.5/-3.5kg from where I am. I am 81.5kg now and would like to be 79/78kg.

Jan is write off for me so I will kick on from Feb.

DvB 2lbs for me is a haircut.

DvB 2lbs for me is a haircut.

LOL.
    To be fair for me the weight gain over Christmas is usually the nights having a few beers, where I inevitably eat my own bodyweight in crisps and snacks along with the beer. That not happening this year meant I didn't pile on as normal.
    I do like the odd sweet treats but can't eat much as I don't really have a sweet tooth so get sick of it quickly.

As I said though, lockdown and WFH full time now is going to mess me up so ill need to get my willpower up to scratch or that 2lbs will be 7 of 8 in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Just think of any weight gain as natural as its insulation for the winter!
    I weighed in on Thursday and I'm down 1lb! To be honest it happens every Christmas.. it's the one time I'm so busy running around the place that I forget to eat. On Christmas eve I had an early breakfast of toast and then nothing until the ham was cooked and I picked at that!
    January is my danger month..
    Weigh in every Thursday now..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was up 3lbs over Christmas and down 2.5lb this week so getting back on track.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm up about 2 - 3 lbs from mid December, happy enough with that.
    Still have a whole box of ferreros left though, so it's a work in progress! :pac:

Yesterday there was a programme on rte2 about Hotel Chocolat, we had their advent calendar last December, and we'll definitely get it again this Christmas.
    I had to turn on Netflix instead, I almost went on a rampage through the kitchen :o

I took a break over the Christmas from full on work outs, so tomorrow will be day 1. I'm hoping it'll get easier as the mornings get brighter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

First weigh in of 2021 tomorrow morning.

First drop into the next kg bracket for me. And it’s a new set of 10s which is nice to see. I weigh daily so take the trend, it’s been creeping down. That’s the only goal this year, try and keep the trend creeping down instead of up. Lots to lose so not able for a big ‘on plan’ off plan. Goals for the year

-maximise protein so I’m not hungry
    -increase fibre for my endometriosis
    -extra fruit and veg
    -no snacking after 8pm
    -get a bit fitter

No counting calories, no points, nothing like that because ultimately I eventually fall off and end up back where I started-or worse.

Let’s see what 2021 brings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Did my weigh in on Saturday and down 1lb - slowly but steadily getting back into it. Still so much christmas chocolate in the house and another two selection boxes left outside the door yesterday from a neighbour!!

Not going to worry too much about it this month, just stick to plan as best I can, keep my water levels up and lots of protein!

Good to see lots of you guys getting back into it. Have had an average few days both diet and exercise.

Have the three elves at home pretty much full time for the rest of the month so not going to kill myself trying to do too much exercise or beat myself up over eating more treats then normal. Reckon I'm going to need them. Will try my best though and if can stay the same for the month will be happy.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Good to see lots of you guys getting back into it. Have had an average few days both diet and exercise.

Have the three elves at home pretty much full time for the rest of the month so not going to kill myself trying to do too much exercise or beat myself up over eating more treats then normal. Reckon I'm going to need them. Will try my best though and if can start the same for the month will be happy.

Agree. Summed up nicely!

Damn Fredo bars and éclair chocolates. I have been eating fistfuls of rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I’ll try to start again Wednesday. I was considering today but my heart wasn’t fully in it :p Gyms being closed is a curse :(

Damn Fredo bars and éclair chocolates. I have been eating fistfuls of rubbish

At least one of weakness, M&S Percy Pigs could soon be gone from what I heard the other day #BREXIT

At least one of weakness, M&S Percy Pigs could soon be gone from what I heard the other day #BREXIT

The LIDL hippo's are still available though & they seem to be pretty much the same thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I might have a few packets for sale ;) Let me know how your fixed :D

Advertisement