Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Some wins, some loses today but for day 1 teaching online and homeschooling some? I’m ok with that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Autosport wrote: »
    I might have a few packets for sale ;) Let me know how your fixed :D

Could be worth some money in a few months when some desperate people then me come looking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

L'prof wrote: »
    Week|Steps|Exer|Loss|Total
    1|10966|0|-2.4|-2.4
    2|9681|0|-2.8|-5.2
    3|13250|1|-4.2|-9.4
    4|10199|4|+3.4|-6.0
    5|7529|6|+0.6|-5.4

Week 0 = +8.4lbs

That’s as bad as it gets I suppose. Undid all of the good work in the log and then some. Not quite back to where I started a few weeks prior to that though. Ah well, it should give me the kick up the arse I need to knuckle down again. There’s just over 49 weeks to Crimbo. I’ll set myself a modest goal of ½lb a week initially with the hope that I can achieve that and more. I’ll even round it up for good measure to the nearest stone to make it a goal of 28lbs. 2 stone baby :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Week 0 = +8.4lbs

That’s as bad as it gets I suppose. Undid all of the good work in the log and then some. Not quite back to where I started a few weeks prior to that though. Ah well, it should give me the kick up the arse I need to knuckle down again. There’s just over 49 weeks to Crimbo. I’ll set myself a modest goal of ½lb a week initially with the hope that I can achieve that and more. I’ll even round it up for good measure to the nearest stone to make it a goal of 28lbs. 2 stone baby :pac:

The one consolation is, weight put on quickly, can generally be lost quickly too if you nip it in the bud & get back to healthier diet & exercise.
    Your plan for gradual loss of small weights is a good one though. Long term far safer & healthier.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My weight has been up and down the last few weeks, not due to overindulgence over Christmas, but rather the impact that stress is having on my eating habits as we are in our very busy period here in work.

Weighed myself this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that I wasn't too far off the mark for 60kg (9 and a half stone).

Going to push on to drop to 9 stone.

• Advertisement

Have decided this month is a right off so where ever I am at the start of Feb so be it.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Have decided this month is a right off so where ever I am at the start of Feb so be it.

Ditto. Have started exercising more though to at least get me back to a place where I'm physically moving again, but in terms of denying myself the odd treat, good luck, with this being January in lockdown theres no way I'm punishing myself any more than I have to.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Ditto. Have started exercising more though to at least get me back to a place where I'm physically moving again, but in terms of denying myself the odd treat, good luck, with this being January in lockdown theres no way I'm punishing myself any more than I have to.

Me 3. Getting the steps in no problem but seriously feeling sorry for myself and turning to treats at night!

Loughc wrote: »
    Me 3. Getting the steps in no problem but seriously feeling sorry for myself and turning to treats at night!

Beer & crisps are/will be my downfall as I've eaten all the stollen & mince pies:o (my appetite for chocolate is limited anyway & done until easter) but fully intend to crack open a few beers on Saturday along with a bag of doritos & turn the TV off & stick some music on, the Mrs will have a wine or 2 and we'll just relax, have a chat like we would on a night out & unwind after a long working week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm okay at work, and usually have a good dinner, but once I sit down in the evening with a cup of tea, it all falls to pieces!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I'm okay at work, and usually have a good dinner, but once I sit down in the evening with a cup of tea, it all falls to pieces!

Yep that’s usually when it falls apart for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Evening snacking used to be my downfall - just out of boredom really. If it’s any use to anyone I started intermittent fasting last March and have kept it up. It’s definitely psychological but once my fast starts I will not eat again until the following morning. Definitely helps to cut out the crap.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Evening snacking used to be my downfall - just out of boredom really. If it’s any use to anyone I started intermittent fasting last March and have kept it up. It’s definitely psychological but once my fast starts I will not eat again until the following morning. Definitely helps to cut out the crap.

I did try it for a while but I’d still manage to cram in the same amount of food and junk in the 6 or 8hr window that I was allowing myself to eat :p

God damn it. Wifey brought home a jar of kryptonite. Couldn’t resist :(:D

Nutella

Nutella

We share the same Kryptonite. I only buy it twice a year. Once for Christmas once for Pancake Tuesday. I can’t have it in the house as I eat it straight from the jar.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Nutella

My kryptonite is Sandwich spread, I’m on my second jar this week and it’s only Wednesday :( I eat it on everything and off the spoon :( Send help :D

Pancake Tuesday.
    Just over a month to go! :D

Posy wrote: »

I do better if I specifically designate something to eat with that tea, preferably with protein. So this evening I had a small chicken sandwich. I didn't snack

Contrast with yesterday, snacked all freaking evening lol :o. Or was that the day before? I can't tell anymore i'm so tired!

You win some you lose some :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I done the ad break challenges on operation transformation tonight - was wrecked, am so unfit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

kitten_k wrote: »
    I done the ad break challenges on operation transformation tonight - was wrecked, am so unfit!!

My ad break challenge usually involves a trip to the cookie jar! Wasn’t the man who lost 10 stone in the last year brilliant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have been out all but one night this week catching up with Clients following Christmas/new years. Wine, rich food, other booze. I am a mess.

Due to late nights I have missed the gym every morning. I have also been busy so still in the office for 7:30am so have been eating rubbish.

Looking forward to this week ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭fran38

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have been out all but one night this week catching up with Clients following Christmas/new years. Wine, rich food, other booze. I am a mess.

Due to late nights I have missed the gym every morning. I have also been busy so still in the office for 7:30am so have been eating rubbish.

Looking forward to this week ending.

You're not in lockdown Ireland with comments like that

You're not in lockdown Ireland with comments like that

Nope, Jude resides in slightly warmer parts :)

Got a fright this morning, stepped up on the scale and have magically* gained 2 more pounds. So despite my earlier protestations of not worrying too much in January feel now the need to nip this in the bud as I'm now up a total of 5lbs since before Christmas.

*not in the least bit magic. Probably 99% stollen, mince pies & quality street!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Wk 1: -1lb
    Wk 2: -2.5lb

I'm delighted as only made some small changes the past 2wks. I cut out takeaways and made everything from scratch. Didnt load up my plate, had porridge for breakfast most mornings and pig out when the kids went to bed. I still had something nice with a cuppa at night so didnt feel deprived. For the 1st time I actually meal planned and it really helped.
    This week need to up my steps and I'll partaking in Joe's pe with the 7yr old so I'll be put to shame!

Today would usually be my weigh in day, but this week has been a mess. Routine is all over the place as work is just mental busy, and my sleep has been terrible.
    On a positive note, it was great to see the sunshine today, it really helped lift my spirits!
    Day 1 will be reattempted next Monday :)

Work was silly busy for me today. Worked 7am until 9pm.

Had lunch at 3pm and half a sambo for dinner. Easy to say snacking all over the place. Weigh in result looking worse each day :(

Today was a disaster food wise after being fairly successful recently. But look. Tomorrow is another day. Have the makings of a nice veg soup planned

Work was silly busy for me today. Worked 7am until 9pm.

Had lunch at 3pm and half a sambo for dinner. Easy to say snacking all over the place. Weigh in result looking worse each day :(

Know that feeling. Just go with it and dont beat yourself up, there'll be better days to get back in the game.

• Advertisement

I skipped my weigh in yesterday- might face the scales tonight instead.

3b8321e38a9daadd4cf33863f0c3ca4b.jpg

Advertisement