Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The trick is to eat it really fast before you're stomach tells your brain what's happening. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Posy wrote: »
    The trick is to eat it really fast before you're stomach tells your brain what's happening. :pac:

You’ve never seen me eat! I always eat my dinner too fast 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Up half a pound this week but considering I went of plan on Wednesday and didn’t get out walking this week it’s not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

kitten_k wrote: »
    You’ve never seen me eat! I always eat my dinner too fast ��

Myself & the young lad are the same. My wife & daughter sit looking at the 2 of us at dinner time & pretty much comment every night that they cant believe how fast we eat.
    I actually don't think its that fast, & i prefer the food hot, not luke warm or cold!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

kitten_k wrote: »
    Up half a pound this week but considering I went of plan on Wednesday and didn’t get out walking this week it’s not too bad.

Half a pound only counts when you loose so really you stayed the same :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

DvB wrote: »
    Myself & the young lad are the same. My wife & daughter sit looking at the 2 of us at dinner time & pretty much comment every night that they cant believe how fast we eat.
    I actually don't think its that fast, & i prefer the food hot, not luke warm or cold!!

I demolish my food but can’t tolerate it piping hot. I’ll get blisters in my mouth and everything :pac:

I eat pretty slowly, so can't remember the last time I really had a hot meal. :pac:

Also, I hate melted butter, so even eat my toast cold!

L'prof wrote: »
    I demolish my food but can’t tolerate it piping hot. I’ll get blisters in my mouth and everything :pac:

When i say hot, i suppose that's relative, if its hot enough to burn the roof of my mouth then its 'too' hot! :D

On that note I remember a few years ago (okay, many many years ago) eating one of those Findus crispy pancakes with the curry filling, bit into it not realising the filling was at a temperature more in keeping with molten lava and it spilling down my bottom lip & chin & giving me a terrible burn that required a hospital visit! Never again would I touch one of those things, lethal they were!!:pac:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I eat pretty slowly, so can't remember the last time I really had a hot meal. :pac:

I thought I knew you but What have you become :eek:

:D

Theres a perfect window of opportunity for perfect toast IMO. For me its just as the butter melts, but before it gets totally cold. Oh and there cant be a dry bit around the edges, the butter has to cover all the way to the edge ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

When i say hot, i suppose that's relative, if its hot enough to burn the roof of my mouth then its 'too' hot! :D

On that note I remember a few years ago (okay, many many years ago) eating one of those Findus crispy pancakes with the curry filling, bit into it not realising the filling was at a temperature more in keeping with molten lava and it spilling down my bottom lip & chin & giving me a terrible burn that required a hospital visit! Never again would I touch one of those things, lethal they were!!:pac:

Did the same on them many a time (no hospital visits). You'd think I'd learn!

We are definitely showing our vintage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭pigtail33

TRS30 wrote: »
    Did the same on them many a time (no hospital visits). You'd think I'd learn!

We are definitely showing our vintage :D

I think every child in the 80s has a similar story, but may not have all ended up in hospital! I burned my throat a week or so before my confirmation. I couldn't eat anything solid, but still was sent into school for any confirmation prep. I have a vivid memory of sitting in class, sipping cold milk from a flask trying to ease the pain. I'm sure I ate them for dinner again the following week though!!

pigtail33 wrote: »
    I think every child in the 80s has a similar story, but may not have all ended up in hospital!

Ah, i put it down to my mum being a worrier! No permanent damage done :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Autosport wrote: »
    I thought I knew you but What have you become :eek:

COLD Toast... COLD Toast... she's a witch!!! Let's burn her at the stake!!

Well, not cold like fridge cold or anything! :D

The only thing I'd put on cold toast is pate. Mmmmmm pate.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well, not cold like fridge cold or anything! :D

No, no, you had your chance :P

BURN HER!!!!!

I have been partial to cold toast with loads of butter, it's actually lovely! My fave is that magic melty buttery warm toast though :D

I am also a fast eater and regularly burn myself :o I'm a big fan of those tins of spaghetti hoops with melty buttery toast, and I always burn myself because I can't wait for the deliciousness :)

No sure about cold toast. Now pizza on the other hand, nice.

With garlic dip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Oh dear lord what has happened here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Hearing about all this food had filled me up. Thanks. I think my scales are off. Only putting in the effort over a week now. 5 pounds down. Can’t be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Cold pizza for breakfast the next morning is often better than hot on the night.

Cold pizza for breakfast the next morning is often better than hot on the night.

Back in the day, many a pizza stared as one and finished as the other!

Week 1 = +5 lbs
    Week 2 = -2 lbs
    Week 3 = +1.5 lbs

So more or less back to where I was 2 weeks ago though expected that, and worse if I'm honest, so not that surprised.

Lost that 1.5 lbs I put on last week so back to week 2 levels.

Week 1 = +5 lbs
    Week 2 = - 2 lbs
    Week 3 = + 1.5 lbs
    Week 4 = - 1.5 lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have no idea why I am so angry at this as I have been having take aways, chocolate, and pints to beat the band. I ran load and hit the gym a few times.

Week 0: 84.1kg
    Week 1: +1kg/2.2lb

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have no idea why I am so angry at this as I have been having take aways, chocolate, and pints to beat the band. I ran load and hit the gym a few times.

Week 0: 84.1kg
    Week 1: +1kg/2.2lb

I know you've heard this many times and the above proves, 'you can't outrun a bad diet'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Weight Loss so far:
    Week 1: -1.4lbs
    Week 2: -3.8lbs
    Week 3: +0.6lbs
    Week 4: - 3.2lbs
    Week 5: -0.8lbs
    Week 6: -1.8lbs
    Week 7: -0.6lbs
    Week 8: - 1.2lbs

2020 Total: - 1st 1lb

Week 1: +3lbs
    Week 2: -3.2lbs
    Week 3: -0.8lbs
    Week 4: +1.5lbs
    Week 5: -7.3lbs
    Week 6: -1.1lbs

Not going to lie I was completely expecting to be back up after the loss last week so I was absolutely delighted to be down another pound! It puts me into my goal stone bracket for the first time in about 5 years :D

Happy Monday everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

I know you've heard this many times and the above proves, 'you can't outrun a bad diet'.

I know I know, trying to do that would spill my pints.....

I have been good so far today, which means for about 5 hours.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    I know I know, trying to do that would spill my pints.....

Advertisement