Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

L'prof wrote: »
    Yep. That’s the chocolate covered cardboard I was referring to :pac:

Oh God, I'd actually prefer to eat chocolate covered cardboard than a rice cake. I don't know how anyone stomachs them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Oh God, I'd actually prefer to eat chocolate covered cardboard than a rice cake. I don't know how anyone stomachs them :D

I haven’t in a long time but desperate times call for desperate measures :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

I like them with peanut butter and honey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I find the dunnes rice cakes with dark chocolate are grand as a little treat if i get a craving for something sweet. Though chocolate is not my vice, its anything fruity, scones, stollen, fruitcake, cherry iced log, malt loaf etc... I'm like a vampire in a blood bank with them.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    I find the dunnes rice cakes with dark chocolate are grand as a little treat if i get a craving for something sweet. Though chocolate is not my vice, its anything fruity, scones, stollen, fruitcake, cherry iced log, malt loaf etc... I'm like a vampire in a blood bank with them.

We get the 'Just Free' ones in Lidl. Are great as a treat.

• Advertisement

Anyone else expecting bad news on their next weigh in? There's not a chance I've maintained this week with no exercise and an iced fruit log consumed (amongst other treats)

edit... had a fruit scone last night watching first dates as well... and it was one of those big ones that could feed a family of 4 for a week!! Saturday is not gonna be pretty! At least my knee feels more or less normal again so may chance a run tomorrow morning.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I skipped weigh in last night, so just have to face the music tonight.

I haven't got around to 'being good' after Christmas and now it's nearly time for Easter! :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    I haven't got around to 'being good' after Christmas and now it's nearly time for Easter! :pac:

It's hard to find the time these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I hungry hungry hippo'd myself over the last two weeks.
    Maintained last week and I was up one this week.
    There's less goodies in my house over the lent so hoping that'll stop me in my tracks.Feeling a bit motivated after being up the lb.

I'm on day 19/19 of my yoga challenge for February and while its only 25 minutes a day I do feel a bit freer in my movements and I like that its not related to anything else in my life.
    I miss being out and about.My life is so sedentary. Sitting down all day for work and I've upcoming professional exams so that's at least 2 hours a night stuck to the desk again.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

I gave up too much for lent in times when I have given up enough already and the result of that is I devoured half a chocolate orange cake! After that I decided to take my measurements (have no scales until the gym reopens) and I lost an inch off my waist, felt bad about eating that cake then! I need to get my sweet cravings under control. Loosing that inch has given me some much needed inspiration and motivation. I pulled out my old weight watcher cards and at one point I had lost 27lbs, all of that is back on me now plus some. I need to focus and get those numbers back down!!

• Advertisement

I hungry hungry hippo'd myself over the last two weeks.
    Maintained last week and I was up one this week.
    There's less goodies in my house over the lent so hoping that'll stop me in my tracks.Feeling a bit motivated after being up the lb.

I'm on day 19/19 of my yoga challenge for February and while its only 25 minutes a day I do feel a bit freer in my movements and I like that its not related to anything else in my life.
    I miss being out and about.My life is so sedentary. Sitting down all day for work and I've upcoming professional exams so that's at least 2 hours a night stuck to the desk again.

I have professional exams coming up also so between work study and not being able to visit friends or family I feel like the only good thing in my life right now is food! Very sad thought! Well done on the yoga, I need to get back into pilates myself! After my exams perhaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

I hungry hungry hippo'd myself .....

This is me. I didnt lose a thing the week before last and my weigh in this week is going to show a gain. Pints, take aways, goose fat roast potatoes, chocolate, crips it was Christmas part deux.

I was up 0.75 of a lb yesterday. The only surprise was that it wasn't more, so checked again this morning and yeah 0.75 up.could have been worse.

Hoping my knee niggle clears up soon so I can get exercising properly, mentally I'm much much more regimented with my food intake when I'm exercising regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

Knee niggles are contagious, I have a meniscus pain in my left knee, had two surgeries on it in my teens and has never given me any pain until now. No more running for me

I want to do the couch to 5k- I'm going to have to google how not to fcuk up my knees, because they are already not exactly in good nick!
    Maybe to be on the safe side, I'll just do the couch part. :pac:

Weighed in yesterday (four days late!) and not as bad as I'd feared. Went into the SW website and added in a few missed weigh ins, and feel a bit more organised and less head-in-the-sand right now!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I want to do the couch to 5k- I'm going to have to google how not to fcuk up my knees, because they are already not exactly in good nick!
    Maybe to be on the safe side, I'll just do the couch part. :pac:

Weighed in yesterday (four days late!) and not as bad as I'd feared. Went into the SW website and added in a few missed weigh ins, and feel a bit more organised and less head-in-the-sand right now!

I've dodgy knees as well so when I was doing the C25k I'd just repeat the weeks as needed until I felt myself I was ready to move on. It did mean that the 9 week programme stretched out to about 3 months but seeing from others who tried too hard too soon dealing with joint issues months and years later I'm not going to risk injury. I discovered a 3k woodland loop in my neighbourhood that's quieter than the bigger one a little further away- and it's too hilly for buggies or kid bikes so ideal for walkers and runners on their own.
    I started the shred again and didn't die after the first couple of days And I've downloaded Asana Rebel on my phone. We shall see if I manage to keep it all up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My back is in bits again and I didn't do anything to it this time :(

On a positive note, feeling good to be back on plan, only on plan for 2 days but once I get a handle of it 2 days will quickly turn into 2 weeks and so on.

Loughc wrote: »
    My back is in bits again and I didn't do anything to it this time :(

I feel your pain, (just in a different spot) I still have no idea how I injured my knee, and after a few days of it feeling reasonably good again over the weekend walking down the stairs it randomly started to hurt just as much again... no swelling or anything and I've still full flexibility & strength in it but it just feels 'tight' and sore when I make certain movements.... very bloody frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

phildub wrote: »
    I have professional exams coming up also so between work study and not being able to visit friends or family I feel like the only good thing in my life right now is food! Very sad thought! Well done on the yoga, I need to get back into pilates myself! After my exams perhaps!

Its the temptation to reward yourself after doing a few exam questions or reading material that is my downfall.

I hope you smash your exams! Only silver lining is that there is no FOMO. Other qualifications I'd be seeing peoples holiday snaps or nights out but thankfully that's gone. Pandemic Perk :pac:

Its the temptation to reward yourself after doing a few exam questions or reading material that is my downfall.

I hope you smash your exams! Only silver lining is that there is no FOMO. Other qualifications I'd be seeing peoples holiday snaps or nights out but thankfully that's gone. Pandemic Perk :pac:

Yes we picked a good time to do them alright. Best of luck in yours also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Up 2lbs this week but down 4.5inches so I'm taking the wins where I can!

I read that and it genuinely took me a minute to realise you hadn't gotten shorter. :o

I read that and it genuinely took me a minute to realise you hadn't gotten shorter. :o

Or has he :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Reducing his height to increase his bmi - jeez, the lengths (or shorts ) that people will go to to get the vaccine :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Reducing his height to increase his bmi - jeez, the lengths (or shorts ) that people will go to to get the vaccine :D:D

Desperate times call for desperate measures!! :D

I felt very sorry for myself lately and treated myself to anything I could reach in the cupboard. I felt very lethargic and negative, but since yesterday I'm back going for proper walks in the morning, not just dragging myself along behind the dog. I'm still exhausted, but feeling more positive. I'm not emotionally ready to push myself into doing my usual work outs again, but will build up to it in time.

How are all the injuries doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Dreading the scales tomorrow - my goddaughters birthday last weekend so had 3 takeaways, sweets and cakes!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Dreading the scales tomorrow - my goddaughters birthday last weekend so had 3 takeaways, sweets and cakes!!

If anyone has earned a week off it’s you. You’re killing it. As long as you had fun that’s the most important thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thanks Loughc!

Very shocked to be down 1.5lb!! 1lb to go to get my 3.5 stone.

• Advertisement

I'm up 1.5 lb.

You're welcome, kk. :pac:

Advertisement