Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aw, I'm sorry to for your loss, tscul- and it feels strange saying that in this thread. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

Posy wrote: »
    Aw, I'm sorry to for your loss, tscul- and it feels strange saying that in this thread. :o

I know I shouldn't laugh but :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

L'prof wrote: »
    Month 1: -2.6lbs
    Month 2: -2.8lbs
    Week 9: -1.8lbs
    Week 10: +2.8lbs
    Week 11: -4.2lbs

The yo-yo diet continues. Not the worst week to be fair. More or less maintained from last week so I’m happy enough. Still on track overall by about 1lb. Would like a bit more breathing space than that again. I think my words of encouragement for others are also directed at myself to help spur me on

Month 1: -2.6lbs
    Month 2: -2.8lbs
    Week 9: -1.8lbs
    Week 10: +2.8lbs
    Week 11: -4.2lbs
    Week 12: +0.4lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Sorry for you loss Tscul32.

Up .2 from yesterday for some reason. I will weekly average it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sorry for your loss tscul32.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Sorry for your loss Tscul32.

I was down half a pound this week, losing it very very slowly but then I haven't been sticking to the plan all the time. But I'm happy enough tipping away at it and getting small loses, while not beating myself up if I have an ice-cream with the kids over the weekend :) I'm delighted with my running though, we are on week 3 of our C25K and I just managed to run just over 4k in 26 minutes :D Not breaking any records but I'm enjoying it very much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sorry for your loss Tscul32.

we were gifted a Skelligs Chocolates hamper today - delicious, but the last thing i need at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

tscul32 wrote: »
    I'm 4 weeks into WW and 7.8lbs down. MIL passed away last week so that messed up diet plans a bit but still managed half a lb for the week. Funeral is this Saturday so this weekend won't be good either so I'm trying to be super careful with food until then.
    I definitely feel better though even with just the half stone gone (another 2.5st still to go) so have finally found my motivation.

Sorry for your loss tscul. Wouldnt be worrying about the weekend TBH, let that take care of itself & take stock next week, somethings are more important at the end of the day.

Take care.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Sorry for your loss tscul32.

Thanks guys, you're all very kind. OH has a plan to cook a big bbq for the immediate family (combo of vaccinated and well tested) if the weather is good on Saturday. I'll try my best, but his cheesy bacon potatoes on the bbq are very hard to resist.
    Well done on all the losses.

• Advertisement

I had a pint and a double bacon cheese burger (no bun) yesterday evening. Im not even embarrassed!

I will train my little legs off at the weekend.

Jude13 wrote: »
    I had a pint and a double bacon cheese burger (no bun) yesterday evening. Im not even embarrassed!

That's the attitude. Train so you can enjoy yourself.

I admire the willpower, I really do.....but...

The old mantra still applies, 'you cant outrun a bad diet'... this is not a pop at you btw jude, this is something that I've definitely seen especially now I'm in my (late)40's... no amount of exercise will make up for a poor spell of eating/drinking. I always find that the exercise is great for getting the headspace right so you can garner the willpower to eat properly with it... you know this yourself, the exercise by itself can only take you so far... but the flip side is, you have to be able to enjoy yourself of an occasion also, just dont go the full dog on it & give yourself a mountain to climb rather than a speedbump.

Burger sounded delish btw!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I know that well pal, its all cals in vrs cals out. I am just trying to be easy on myself. I meet the OH and wee one yesterday as the client cried off. I had managed my macros for a few pints and only had one.

Sadly the client wants to meet today in two hours for beers. Not that sad really, just sad for my diet.

I know that well pal, its all cals in vrs cals out. I am just trying to be easy on myself. I meet the OH and wee one yesterday as the client cried off. I had managed my macros for a few pints and only had one.

Sadly the client wants to meet today in two hours for beers. Not that sad really, just sad for my diet.

For all my talk, as soon as indoor hospitality opens I'll be straight to the the local pub for a few creamy pints of guinness and a sloppy joe burger with sweet potato fries... so trust me I appreciate the dilemma, & diet or no diet after all this covid crap I'll be making sure to treat myself & the family for a bit (will be trying to not do the dog on it mind;))

Enjoy the pints!

Well not looking forward to the weigh in on Tuesday. Pints Thursday night and takeaway. Friday we had pals over with the wee ones and had a BBQ and more pints. Went to the gym yesterday morning and then ran 8km last night which only made me feel better about myself, the scales wont lie.

Anywho, I'll be better for weekdays.

Had a zoom music bingo charity thing last night, hosted by gifting Garvan Rigby from Christmas FM and drank.6 beers and ate all the snacks... not good on the calories or cholesterol fronts at all... reckon it'll be a whopper session on the exercise bike today to try and offset some of the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

We must all be living in the Borg. Bad weeks all round. Killer hangover today after monster session last night. All I can think about right now is a Chinese tonight :p

I just had bourbon biscuit chocolate cheesecake for breakfast after a load of bbq yesterday. Weigh in tomorrow morning....

We have a winner ' bourbon biscuit chocolate cheesecake for breakfast' that made me really laugh out loud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We have a winner ' bourbon biscuit chocolate cheesecake for breakfast' that made me really laugh out loud.

Me too, Then I got jealous :eek:

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Me too, Then I got jealous :eek:

It was rather tasty.
    My 13 yo just suggested I make another for my own birthday in a few weeks. Generous or what...

......cake for breakfast, birthday in a few weeks, 13 yo kid.....are you...me

Well despite everything over the past 2 weeks I was down another half lb. Once I get tonight's takeaway (wedding anniversary) out of the way I'll get stuck into the healthy food again and get out walking.

Had an attack of the munchies last night for some reason. I may have eaten 6 dark chocolate rice cakes :(

Day 1 (take 1,462): just after inhaling my dinner, I was starved after my work out this evening. Weigh in will be Thursday, as is tradition. It's not going to be pretty but have to start somewhere (again) :)

I bought more lunch-y stuff for the week this morning. This healthy lunch lark is actually starting to be enjoyable!

Except I got 0% fat SuperValu brand yoghurt and it is horrible- as thin as milk, eeeurgh. Won't be getting that again!!

However, I also got slices of spiced beef there in SuperValu to have with my salad and pitta breads. It's delicious, free on slimming world and will do nicely for rudolph day tomorrow. :)

I just polished off an Oxford lunch cake.... I don't even feel guilty anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Don’t be mentioning Spiced beef in here ;):D

Happy Anniversary T :)

• Advertisement

I always like to enjoy some nice spiced beef on the first day of spring.

:pac: :pac:

Advertisement