Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another 6.30am workout this morning. The workout was good getting up out of bed was harder!! I was so tempted to roll over and leave it, glad I didn’t now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I have a stinker of a cold :( Not sure I'll get my walk in today - I have no energy at all :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I have a stinker of a cold :( Not sure I'll get my walk in today - I have no energy at all :(

Ah no. You’re best to rest. Your body will need it to fight off the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Jude13

I thought that anything above the collarbone you're grand to train, even flat out. Once its chest or down lay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I tend to keep my exercise up if I have a headcold, i find it helps clear out the sinuses immensely!

Managed a 1hr 400cal 28.5km cycle last night on the turbotrainer, after a horrible day in work I was amazed I managed to get up on the thing at all as I fell asleep on the train on the way home I was that tired.
    Hve the kids GAA training tonight so that'll burn off a few cals as well and will get a run in on wednesday, am back up to managing 10k again so will use that as my basic distance again now.

Managed to not eat junk at all yesterday & expect the same today, hoping now that'll give my head the space it needs to get over my crimbo indulgence, that & having all the junk gone should be a big boost.

Will weigh myself saturday morning & see whats what, just hope work doesnt get in the way of the exercise now as I can see a few late nights on the horizon unfortunately.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

I went for my walk in the end. Was a bit shorter than I normally do but was glad to get out in the fresh air and am feeling a bit better for it. Going to tuck into a bowl of homemade minestrone soup now. It's more of a stoup if I'm honest - there's 'ating and drinking in it as the fella would say :P

I went for my walk in the end. Was a bit shorter than I normally do but was glad to get out in the fresh air and am feeling a bit better for it. Going to tuck into a bowl of homemade minestrone soup now. It's more of a stoup if I'm honest - there's 'ating and drinking in it as the fella would say :P

The best kind of soup!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

So instead of going for a run last night as we had baby prep i ordered a chinese. I also failed with my wait till the end of the month and weight myself this morning, so was 98.7kg on 2 Jan, I am now 98.2kg. So its slowly going the right way.

I didnt got to the gym this am as my car is in for its pre baby service, in case it breaks down on the way to the hospital, there is nothing wrong with the car and I am seriously over thinking this. We did the OH's last week. So gym tonight and possibly a run.

Hope you are all a lot stronger than I am. I need to kill it between now and next wednesday, the due date, as diet will go out the window for a week after the birth.

My cold has developed into a sinus infection - trip to the doctor planned for this evening. I've been awake all night with the pain in my face. I'm in foul humour today :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I ate 4 After Eights Last night :( But other than that, I've been having a good week since Monday, LOL. Went to the gym on Monday and will probably go to a class there tonight.

• Advertisement

My cold has developed into a sinus infection - trip to the doctor planned for this evening. I've been awake all night with the pain in my face. I'm in foul humour today :(

Have you tried whisky/ey or Rum? That's the extent of my medical knowledge.

No, I was on my own since Sunday as Mr. CL is in the UK, so didn't want to take anything that might knock me out and I wouldn't hear the kids. They are also dosed. Think the pain in my face is defo a sinus infection unfortunately, so need to get hard drugs for it as otherwise, it will morph into a chest infection sooner or later & then I will end up out of work for a week & my nebuliser will be my new BFF :( And we have a Go-Live in two weeks, so can't miss work.

Don't know much about hard drugs, tried hash as teen and hated it.

Loads of multivits and spicey food to clear the nose. Then some rum.

I weighed myself this morning out of habit whilst half asleep & was pleasantly surprised to see i'm back to just being the 3 pounds over what I was on Dec 21st... I had been 5.5 over so i'm hoping i'm back on track now to get down to my fighting weight for the kids communion in May, though i suspect there may be a few bumps in the road between now & then. If i can get back to 11'7 I'll be happy, especially if I can keep my running (& fitness) levels up.

3lbs is 1.4kg, that's good going. I can't get my head around stone and lbs, its like shillings and halfpennys my dad used to talk about.

Jude13 wrote: »
    3lbs is 1.4kg, that's good going. I can't get my head around stone and lbs, its like shillings and halfpennys my dad used to talk about.

For everything else I use metric, but for some reason bodyweight I always go back to stones & pounds.

DvB wrote: »
    For everything else I use metric, but for some reason bodyweight I always go back to stones & pounds.

Same. Stones and pounds are yer only man for the weight for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm the same. Kilos and grams are for measuring sugar and flour, not people! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Me too 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Really hoping the people on Op Trans get on well tonight. Takes fair guts to expose yourself to that extent.

• Advertisement

Really hoping the people on Op Trans get on well tonight. Takes fair guts to expose yourself to that extent.

Especially the school teacher! Fair play to her!

I have always had kilos as weight, we'd get weighed a lot over a season. No idea what I am in stone and lbs, they don't seem to have any logic behind them.

Anywho, I did an evening weights seision after work and really loved it, I was very up for it, I usually am as I have for years hated evening exercise. Maybe it was just a nice change. My car is in for a service so I can't get to the gym in the morning. I jogged 1.5km to the gym and then on the way back I felt so good I took a detour for a 7km jog home.

I was sleeping like a log till 4am until Jude jnr decided to wake the OH and scare the pants off us thinking she was going to make an appearance. So little sleep today. Gym again this pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Weighed last night, a small loss again. Hoping to hit 5.5 stone off by my birthday in the beginning of April. :D one stone to go til that, and 2 stone 2lbs to my final weight :D

Right the good. I’m just out of the gym, delighted I went as I worked a 13 hour shift yesterday in work so I didn’t think I’d be able to drag myself out of bed this morning. But I managed it.

And the bad... I got home last night at 9.30pm and ended up getting a chipper. First takeaway of the new year. And it so wasn’t worth it, the chips were completely over cooked :(

I guess that’ll teach me!!

Hopefully it won’t set me back too much on the scales on Saturday and it’s certainly given me more motivation and determination to do even better!

Thanks for saying the chipper was bad, I know it wasn't but I appreciate it. I'm sure it will be offset by the gym.

6kg (1sonte) is doable by April, I am trying for 8kg by then. I left a suit at home ages ago when I was 8kg lighter and I want to wear it to a wedding.

Ah, you have to be able to have the odd slip, any change in lifestyle to achieve a goal has to be sustainable or you'll reach the goal after a lot of self sacrifice & let it slide again in time as you slip back into old habits.
    Allow yourself the odd 'treat' and simply manage it so it literally is a 'treat' and not a 3 times a week occurrence.

Did another 25k, 400 cal burn on the turbo bike last night, its taking me slightly less time (takes c.60 minutes) than it did a week ago but I have to say I prefer the running, getting home late and the dark evenings puts a stop to that though. I used to enjoy running at night but having been involved in a couple of near misses with ignorant fools in cars I stick to daylight running nowadays.

14 days fully on track. Very happy so far. I feel my energy levels are much higher and I’ve built in about an hours low/med intensity mini workouts. (I’m very conscious of injury as I’ve gone too far too fast in the past and I’m carrying a lot of excess). Slow and steady wins the race this time. Still viewing it as the start of the rest of my life. Not a diet.

Weigh in tonight and still a little nervous though !

Weighed in last night and was down another 2.5lbs - so that's 5lbs over the last two weeks (think that's just over 2kg) :D Very happy with that. Was also Slimmer of the Week too :D

Hoping to lose another 2lbs this week to get half a stone off! Also taped OT last night so can't wait to see how they got on!

Weighed in last night and was down another 2.5lbs - so that's 5lbs over the last two weeks (think that's just over 2kg) :D Very happy with that. Was also Slimmer of the Week too :D

Hoping to lose another 2lbs this week to get half a stone off! Also taped OT last night so can't wait to see how they got on!

Oh well done, and on slimmer of the week too!!

• Advertisement

Flipping hell CL, killing it.

Advertisement