Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Weighed in last night and was down another 2.5lbs - so that's 5lbs over the last two weeks (think that's just over 2kg) :D Very happy with that. Was also Slimmer of the Week too :D

Hoping to lose another 2lbs this week to get half a stone off! Also taped OT last night so can't wait to see how they got on!

Well done!!!
    Keep up the good work!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Weighed in last night and was down another 2.5lbs - so that's 5lbs over the last two weeks (think that's just over 2kg) :D Very happy with that. Was also Slimmer of the Week too :D

Hoping to lose another 2lbs this week to get half a stone off! Also taped OT last night so can't wait to see how they got on!

Savage results! Well done CL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Thanks everyone! :D Motivation on this thread has kept be going a lot!

If we ever have a pre christmas meet up we'll only need to book small room, we'll all be that skinny :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ha, has there ever been a meetup. I can imagine people on the bus dressed like a tree like that train pic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    If we ever have a pre christmas meet up we'll only need to book small room, we'll all be that skinny :D

Love this :D

Jude13 wrote: »
    Ha, has there ever been a meetup. I can imagine people on the bus dressed like a tree like that train pic.

None yet Jude. I tried many a years ago but it didn’t really take off. If there ever was an appetite for one I’d definitely attend! :)

Loughc wrote: »
    None yet Jude. I tried many a years ago but it didn’t really take off. If there ever was an appetite for one I’d definitely attend! :)

I'd defintely go to a Dublin based one, even if it was just a few of us having a few beers/drinks/food or something. Be nice to put faces to names.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

We'll organise one this year- we will all be skinny and fabulous, before we start ruining all our good work again. :D

So had my second weigh in this morning,

Week 1: -2lbs
    Week 2: -4lbs

To say I’m delighted is an understatement!!!

This makes all those early gym sessions so worth it!! Grabbing my gym gear now to go again. I’m 2lb away from the next stone category so I’m really pushing for that next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well done!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I never really weigh myself but had my 6 week post op checkup on Monday and they weighed me. I am about half a stone heavier than I was the last time I weighed myself which was probably 1.5 years ago.

Was out food shopping today so I have bought Wheatabix, honey and bananas to bring into work for breakfast. Also bought some things for lunch instead of buying rolls every day and currently have my brown bread baking in the oven.

I’d be up for a Dublin meet up, had one the other week with the forums game crew and it was great to put faces to the names.

kitten_k wrote: »
    I’d be up for a Dublin meet up, had one the other week with the forums game crew and it was great to put faces to the names.

That’s it we’re putting it in the diary this year!

Bread is done, love the smell

470846.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bread is done, love the smell

That looks scrumptious Kitten K !
    Could I be cheeky and ask for the recipe ?

This is a lovely bread made from porridge oats

469897.jpeg

Mam of 4 - this is the recipe, very easy to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Had trouble with chest infections, asthma and throat infections since May 2016, 42 years old.

I went on a diet cutting out red meat, bread, dairy, all sugars in September.

I went from 16st 7ib to 14st, a loss of 2.5 stone in 2 months. Managed to get through Christmas without breaking the diet. Health improving, feel much better.

Best wishes to everyone, for a happy and healthy 2019. And just remember, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thank you Kitten , much appreciated !

Had a bad weekend for the old diet. Went to the gym alright and did an 8km on Thursday (our weekend is Fri Sat). But I ate a load of after eight's, had a pal over for dinner and sat out the back drinking cider, full fry with GF bread the next morning. Hopefully the gym and run prior helped a little.

I also had an active rest day, we had a load of ikea stuff arrive and I had to put it together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Have had a decent weekend on plan so far. Had breakfast out yesterday but had been extra good prior to it and made good choices

Like Jude had a bad weekend, its the kids birthday today so we had a family get together on Saturday & had loads of cake & junk etc. We had a few drinks afterwards too & I followed it up by polishing off some more cake & some haribo last night... didn't weigh myself but will get a 10k run in tonight & stay away from the remaining junk food & see whats what.

Legs are sore today after the kids GAA training on Saturday (I'm one of the coaches) as I was doing a drill with them that had me crouching down to retrieve balls & throw them up for them to run onto, handpass & shoot... after doing that for 4 different sets of kids @ 10 minutes per set I knew I was going to feel it afterwards, feeling veeery stiff this morning!!

I had a decent weekend, no alcohol, the worst thing I had was a medium popcorn from the cinema (no butter!!) which I shared with the wife.

Managed to get the gym in on Saturday and a nice long walk in the cold on Sunday. I was motivated after losing 4lbs this week that I didn't want anything to ruin it.

Loughc wrote: »
    I had a decent weekend, no alcohol, the worst thing I had was a medium popcorn from the cinema (no butter!!) which I shared with the wife.

Managed to get the gym in on Saturday and a nice long walk in the cold on Sunday. I was motivated after losing 4lbs this week that I didn't want anything to ruin it.

You're playing a blinder Loughc, fair play.

DvB wrote: »
    You're playing a blinder Loughc, fair play.

We'll see how long I can keep it going though! :P

I'm going to work as hard as possible to stay on track as much as I can until my break away in Feb.

At least by having something booked it's giving me light at the end of the tunnel to cut loose a bit!

Oh 12,000th post and what a wonderful place to post it :)

No booze at the weekend is the tough one for me, not so much this weekend I'd say. I try and get to the gym every weekday bar Tuesday, then have to hit 50 hours billable, which means working/being in the office a good bit longer than that. So by the end of the week I have 'earned a pint' and need to switch off.

Went to the gym last night and did a session, I also renewed my membership, how much are you guys paying a year? I then went this morning before work, 5am alarm is a killer.

I have been good today, shakes, eggs, meat only for lunch, cottage cheese as a snack.

Went to the gym last night and did a session, I also renewed my membership, how much are you guys paying a year? I then went this morning before work, 5am alarm is a killer.

I have been good today, shakes, eggs, meat only for lunch, cottage cheese as a snack.

I paid €230 for the year, gym is small enough but it suits me and it's dead in the morning. Classes are included but I haven't gone near them yet.

5am... chrikey! I thought my 6am alarm on gym days was a killer!

Cheers, we paid a lot more than that, feel ripped off even though we got them to freeze the rates from last year. It means we can use any in the city (not that the OH needs that), yoga, Pilates and nice pools to hang out in.

I need to be in the office for 7:15/30 if I want to get away at a reasonable hour.
    5am: Alarm, get up, have a shake, feed the dog, and leave the house by 5:20
    5:45 in the gym.
    Leave the gym at 7-7:10, it's around the corner from work.

Cheers, we paid a lot more than that, feel ripped off even though we got them to freeze the rates from last year. It means we can use any in the city (not that the OH needs that), yoga, Pilates and nice pools to hang out in.

I need to be in the office for 7:15/30 if I want to get away at a reasonable hour.
    5am: Alarm, get up, have a shake, feed the dog, and leave the house by 5:20
    5:45 in the gym.
    Leave the gym at 7-7:10, it's around the corner from work.

It's important to point out as well the place I go to is just a gym, no frills, no pool,sauna,etc. just a two floor gym.

• Advertisement

Another 6.30am gym session done... sugar cravings are off the charts Sunday and yesterday... fought off as much as I could, I even got out for a walk Sunday just to get away from the food in the house :o

Advertisement