Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Week 1: -6.2lbs

Week 2: -3.8lbs

A good start well made anyway. I’ve eliminated 95% of snacking and I’ve been off the booze so far too. That’ll change this weekend coming with a trip away planned. Hopefully I won’t go too badly wrong but I’ll definitely be having a few drinks and treats. Looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Week 0: 93.9kg

Week 1: 90.9kg (-3kg/6.6lbs) -

Week 2: 91.6kg (+0.7kg/1.5lbs)

Week 3: 90.7kg (-0.9kg/1.99lbs)

Week 4ish: 93.5kg (+2.8kg)

Totally expected but brutal seeing the scales like that.

Ditto. Cutting loose for 4/5 days was enjoyable all the same. Back to the grind now

Week 3: +3.0lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Still half a stone down L'prof... not to be sniffed at that.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Important that you let yourself the odd treat day/ period. Makes the overall weight loss more manageable over the longer term.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just PM'd my old PT, time to get back on the wagon.

Hope the reply wasn't........'Who are you?!?' 🤣🤣

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No worse. Booked in for next Thursday. And so it begins. 😢😅

Ah yeah, I'm not too disheartened. I was on holidays for few nights so I wanted to make sure I enjoyed myself. I didn't think I had done that much damage but I'm fairly confident I can get back on track again fairly lively

• Advertisement

Thanks, I already feel sore just thinking about it haha

I'm actually quite jealous, my ankle is still swollen after an incident 2 weeks ago so cant do anything of note in the gym at all... its really frustrating me now as i'm doing my best on the eating bit but not being able to do the hard work with it really bothers me.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Did you get it checked out? Two weeks seems a long time for still be swelling.

No. It has felt like its been improving, i.e. less pain when walking, going up/down stairs etc so was happy to leave well enough alone, I was even jogging a little at the teams training sessions on Tuesday night, but the swelling is still pronounced. No bruising just swollen. Have an ankle support on it again today to sww if that helps. If theres no sign of it going down over the w/e think i'll need to bite the bullet & have it looked at though.

Probably be no harm, just to be on the safe side. Hopefully will go down itself over the next couple of days.

Week 4: -6.6lbs

Almost a stone in a month. Good start well made. Brought my mam and the kids out for dinner for her birthday at the weekend. I didn't have any starter, dessert or booze. I may or may not have helped the kids with some of their ice-cream 😝 I think I've licked the habit of stuffing myself at every idle opportunity like I was since crimbo anyway. Let's see how far I can take it

Well done @L'prof that's amazing results, keep going with the good fight.

First PT session done it wasn't as bad as I thought, roll on next week so I can get my first loss (hopefully) in the books.

Good man, start made, is often the hardest step, you're up and running now (pun intended:))

• Advertisement

Funnily enough I never find the first one (any kind of training session) that bad, maybe there's a novelty value or something, the second or third I generally find as being much more difficult to motivate myself for & find it harder mentally & physically to push through.

Yeah I can’t disagree. The one this morning was grand. To be honest I don’t dislike the workouts it’s the calorie counting kills me but it has to be done.

Dont get me wrong, its an achievement in itself to actually kick start any kind of training regime, I just find there's a slump after the initial motivation dissipates slightly. Sure that's how Gyms make a fortune in January!!!

So I started back in the gym last Thursday with a PT session, Friday morning a bootcamp class and Saturday morning.... the gym was flooded.

The storms have damaged the roof and it's not looking good, gym was closed all weekend and today so far, the full extent of the damage is being assessed today but the damage is getting worse from what I'm hearing. This is actually so beyond typical it's actually funny.

The pain in my legs only went away today but it's no benefit now as it looks like I'll be out of gym action for a couple of weeks at least.

I went in a weekend stag, not in a great place physically and mentally.

Ill be honest, they did 3 events, Friday night, a day of it Saturday and then beers watching sport yesterday. I only did a few hours on Saturday and that knocked me for 6.

I have a golf weekend away at the end of March. I know it will be a boozy one and already thinking of ways to get away early both nights as will never make it out of bed the next day, let alone play golf, if I get all boozed up!

Week 4: -6.6lbs

Week 5: +3.4lbs

⬇️⬆️⬇️⬆️ Another bit of a splurge this week 🙄 Could be worse. The annoying thing is I have a night out this weekend so this week should have been the week the relax the cacks. Ah well, we’ll see how I get on this week

• Advertisement

This weekend i have a party to attend which will involve beer & snacks... after that its back to the grind. Havent been able to get to the gym since early January due to ankle & hand injuries but feel ready to get back at it so after this weekend its all in.

Still down 5 lbs since my weigh in at the start of Jan though so doing okay without being spectacular in that time just by watching the diet & cutting out the snacking.

Advertisement