Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They don't do training sessions, re-read my post.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Only getting round to posting this now but weighted in last Wednesday. Manic in work.

Results;

Week 1: -4lbs

Week 2: -4lbs

Week 3: -4lbs

The system is nothing but consistent 😂😂

I’m expecting a drop off in losses soon as I’m aware my body will resist it at some stage. But for now yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Brilliant progress Loughc. I have bowed out of the tracking as I have too much going on the lest few weeks and the diet is another added pressure. I am usually good with it but I need to give myself a bit of break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Great work at @Loughc.

Don't beat yourself up over it @Jude13. You'll get back into when the time is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Week 4: -2lbs

Down a stone now over the last 4 weeks and my god have those 4 weeks gone by quickly. Also been over 4 weeks since I've last had a takeaway.

I do have a work night out coming this week, so I'm sure that will hamper by result somewhat I do have dinner and lunch at home planned the next day after the night out so that should put me back on track.

Less of a man than you use to be (in a good way!) 🤣

Savage work Loughc. I need to start at day zero again.

Week 5: -3lbs

Beyond delighted with this result. Had a work night out and a night away in a hotel but stayed on plan for the hotel stay. Officially at the half way mark 17lbs down in total. Would love another 13lbs gone to get me to the Christmas break but I know the losses will slow down eventually.

Holy moley, thats like 2kg a week. You are killing it. I weighed in yesterday, depressing, but thats my benchmark now to work from as week 0.

• Advertisement

Week 6: -3lbs

And that's 20lbs done and dusted. I'm aiming for another 8-10lbs over the next 4 weeks and then it's a pile on for Christmas haha. But 8-10 will still be difficult.

You're smashing it as the kids would say!

I'm still having a mare. Up 0.1kg

Yeah even if you weighted in a hour later that gain prob wouldn't be there.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

That was post visit. I dont know why I expected to lose anything. I hammered the halloween stuff.

Week 7: -1lb

The slow down has begun but still sitting pretty at 21lbs after 7 weeks, so a stone and a half gone! The program changed up last week a bit and I don't think it suited me at all, think I'll revert back to the original plan and increase the intensity in the walks.

Averaging 3lbs a week, that's more than decent if its something you can accommodate within a normal week. Well done.

• Advertisement

Quality Loughc.

IM +.03kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

I've been in Asia the last 2 months and have lost about 10kg, mainly through lack of cider, eating mostly chicken and vegetables each day and sweating buckets from the heat 🙂

Am hoping the trend will continue while still here, I'd gotten extremely out of shape with the whole lockdown situation and just becoming lazy in general.

Yeah lockdown was the start of my weight pile on. Then baby came along and out went sleep and eating habits and times were all over the place.

Its only now that the little guy is sleeping well I have to prioritise myself for a change.

That last bit is so important. If you don't look after yourself, you can't look after anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭PeterPan92

Back here for my annual "oh ****, I'm fat again" realisation. Gained ~21lbs, and none of my "going out" clothes fit. Time to get this off rapidly before the Christmas nights out.

All I have been doing is settling My fitness pal app to lose 2lbs a week to give me my calorie allocation and going for a one hour walk a day to help get the weight off.

Between the calories deficit and the walking you could easily lose 2-4lbs a week. Maybe even more the first week if you just gained a lot of water retention.

I had a weekend of take away and a good amount of booze, not going near a scales.

Loughc has it dialed in. I need to get back on the my fintess pal train. I have my in laws arriving this weekend so its going to be a tough sell the next three weeks.

Week 7: -1lb

Week 8: -2lb

2 weeks to go and -23lbs in total. It is getting harder especially as the working hours get longer! But sticking with it only 2 more weeks left before the wheels will come off and I will end up looking like a wheel myself!

Good man. Just think of all those extra minces pies you can have 🤣

• Advertisement

Great work Loughc. I am a spectator now. I can't get back on the wagon and am beating myself up about it. Its going to have to be a post Christmas weight tracker for me.

Advertisement