Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

A loss is a loss CL, they all count. Keep at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Week 0 = 91.6kg

Week 1 = 91.0kg (-0.6kg/1.3lb)

Week 2 = 91.1kg (+0.1kg/0.2lb)

Week 3 (last week) = N/A I didn't weigh myself, I was back home in the in laws and couldn't see a scales. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Last week was travel and convenience food, pints at wake/funeral, and fish and chips. Its a lost week. Not looking forward to weighing in this week but will do son on Thursday, warts and all.

Week 0 = 91.6kg

Week 3 (last week) = N/A I didn't weigh myself, I was back home in the in laws and couldn't see a scales. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Week 4 = 91.5kg (+0.4kg/0.9lb)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Week 1: -3.6lbs

Week 2: -1.8lbs

Week 3: -0.4lbs

Week 4: +1.2lbs

Up a pound this week, but feeling fine about it. Had a lovely weekend with a takeaway, dinner & drinks with friends etc. Back on track now today & back to calorie counting.

You have to allow youself some life, great works @CheerLouth

Had a mess of a weekend again so knuckling down this week, I hope!

• Advertisement

100%! Going to try stay on track for the week now as I've a lovely Afternoon Tea lined up with my bestie next weekend!

Had a light workout in the garden with the OH last night, my god I am unfit. My hip and knee are in bad shape, think its time for a doc's appointment.

Last night was the first evening I didnt eat anything between dinner and bed. I know that doesnt sound like a big deal but it was for me.

Mothers day here today so I got up early to make a brekkie for the OH. I wolfed down the left over homemade hollandaise which is basically half a block of kerry gold. Hoping to get to the gym at lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude, i know you know this already ( & please, I'm not preaching here) but you cant outrun a poor diet, getting a grip on your eating habits (easier said than done i know) will go a long way to making you feel better.

I know from before you're very much like myself & IIRC like to be active when trying to lose weight as its a mental crutch more than anything else (having been so active previously), but even now when my body is really resisting running & workouts etc through old fashioned wear & tear ( my sciatica is a regular disability these days) I've found controlling my diet as the real battlefield now as I cant work off the calories like before. When I cut loose I pile it on only to cop on & put manners on the eating and see it reverse, albeit at a much slower pace. Its disheartening, but the only way for me now.

The one think i've learned since hitting my late 40's (& now my 50's) is that your attitude to eating has to change as the body simply cant keep doing the overtime to work off the bad stuff, throw in family life, work stress etc. & there's just not enough of you to go around and your body will suffer because of it. So whilst going to the trouble of seeing a doctor about your joints etc whilst there I'd have a chat about other practical things you can do too, exercise is great but not always the best and only answer.

You'll get there, your a smart bloke, just struggling through some tough times & something has to give.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Preach, if you look back at my 95kg to 77kg tow years ago on this thread its simple cals in v cals out.

Weigh in tomorrow, stopping the rot.

Week 0 = 91.6kg

Week 4 = 91.5kg (+0.4kg/0.9lb)

Week 5 = 92kg (+0.5kg/1lb) How do you do a crying emjoi.

Down with a flu type thing but still going to the gym. Need to go hardcore on the between meals eating. Also need some cardio as I can't run.

• Advertisement

Fell off the wagon slightly and didn't weigh in last Monday or this Monday. Clean forgot about it to be honest this week. I tried on some dresses in my wardrobe last night, we have First Communion next month so trying to see if I need to buy a new dress or can wear something I already have. Long story short, some fit and some don't! But what does fit could be runners if I lost a pound or two so back on the wagon now and going to do my best to be a bit more disciplined for the next few weeks. Started off this morning by stepping on the scales & pleasantly surprised to find that I lost the pound I had put on the last time I weighed in!

Week 1: -3.6lbs

Week 2: -1.8lbs

Week 3: -0.4lbs

Week 4: +1.2lbs

Week 5: ----

Week 6: -1lb

Week 0 = 93kg

Here we go again. No excuses now, family have left, work stress isnt going to change, no big family events hopefully (funerals etc).

Day two at the gym. Seeing a knee surgeon next week.

Week 0 = 93kg

Week 1ish = 92kg

Slowly altering eating habits, late nights and working through weekends not helping but managing to get to the gym to lift in nearly most mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

I'm constantly in and out of this thread, but this time I plan to be here for a while. I started the bodyslims programme last Wednesday. So far it's going great, getting my hour walk in every day and sticking to my cals. Thought the weekend might be difficult because I was in Donegal for a full day lecture and overnighting in Derry after, but I managed to make it work (thank you M& S). Looking forward to my first weigh in on Weds and will post the results here. A bit of accountability goes a long way.

Agree on the accountability. My weigh is tomorrow and I have been so bad the last week I am dreading it, I know Im up, but by how much.

It would be worse if you were up and you didn't know why. And at this stage all you can do is move on and plan to do better, there's nothing to be gained from being too annoyed with yourself - that's where I'd start comfort eating and making it all worse.

Week 0 = 93kg

Week 1ish = 92kg

Week 2ish = 91.5kg

Down half a kilo after killing myself the last few days.

Is that a tactic, convince yourself you'll be up and then get a lovely surprise? 😁😁

I always think its a good sign that you're not up even when you think you are. It means your mindset is so in the right place that you feel you've over indulged even when you haven't actually been that bad.

Ha I wish, I had my weigh in the morning after a long hot run but figured I need to take the weight. I have a spreadsheet that averages out the weekly weight. I am finding it tough to be motivated. It's the usual circular thing of 'i eat because Im a bit down and im a bit down because I eat' plus stress from work and long weeks/hours.

I get to the gym and sit there going 'I don't want to do this' but know doing something is better than nothing. Its a weird funk I am in, I havent been in it for years. I found that all strangely difficult to write even to a forum where I know non one in real life.

I get you. For me weight loss is done mostly in my head. Because if my head is in the right place then the rest follows. As I said I've been in and out of this thread over the last couple of years. Lose half a stone, find it again, rinse and repeat. This time I know it'll happen because I'm just so ready for it. Wish I knew the magic recipe to get there though, I could make a fortune. Work stress certainly doesn't help though.

10 week programme

Week 1: - 5lbs/2.27kgs

• Advertisement

Week 0 = 93kg

Week 1ish = 92kg

Week 2ish = 91.5kg

Week 3 = +0.9kg (2lb)

10 week programme

Week 2: - 3.6lb/1.63kgs = 8.6lb

Week 4 = +0.1kg but believe it or not being stricter the coming week

10 week programme

Week 3: - 0.8lb/0.36kgs = 9.4lb

Stuck to the calories but ate the wrong kinds of foods so no surprises. Will do better next week.

Week 4: -3.8lb/1.7kg = 13.2lb loss so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Thats great work, well done!!

Need to get my a$$ in gear too, weight slowly creeping up again and worked far too hard for too long to keep it down to let it creep back on again little by little. Need to stop blaming work & just stop eating crap!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Thanks to @Loughc for introducing me to Bodyslims, had never heard of it before. My sister joined me on it and is doing equally as well. And of course the OH is losing just by being in the vicinity of a diet 🙄😠. He's had to ditch some of his tshirts and dig out the older, smaller ones.

Week 4: -3.8lb/1.7kg = 13.2lb

Week 5: - 2.8lb/1.3kgs = 16lb loss so far

Had neck surgery about 10 days ago following years of neck pain and a recent MRI. Had a bit of a clean up and nerve blockers which take 3 weeks to really kick in. Too afraid to weigh in again, I am allowed jog again from today.

I will weigh in next Tuesday as week 0.

• Advertisement

Advertisement