Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Fair play, Loughc, you are on fire! I had an okish weekend, but am struggling with the chocolate cravings this week! Trying to not give in but it's hard, I've had a few slips :( My main meals have been on plan though so hoping that will give me something. Going to get out at lunch for a walk too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    FI had an okish weekend, but am struggling with the chocolate cravings this week! Trying to not give in but it's hard, I've had a few slips :( My main meals have been on plan though so hoping that will give me something.

This is how I feel at the moment too.

I suppose it's all about re-wiring the brain, I've allowed myself to have what I want since November with the excuse "It's Christmas" that it's going to take time for him to realise the party is over!

Exactly, Loughc. Half the problem (in my house anyway) is that we still have stuff left over from Christmas & once you know it's in the house, it's a killer!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Exactly, Loughc. Half the problem (in my house anyway) is that we still have stuff left over from Christmas & once you know it's in the house, it's a killer!

Same, I have 3 selection boxes, a pack of shortbreads, a box of after eights, a bag of snowbites, a bag of marshmallows and a box of festive friends staring at me in the press.

It doesn't help I keep checking the press... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

What are snowbites? the after 8's and marshmallows would be history.

Gym tonight, maybe a run. Up at 5 tomorrow for a spin to the hospital and all going well a new elf coming in to the world.

• Advertisement

Same, we have some chocolate kimberleys, two selection boxes, a box of After Eights, some fudge & a box of afternoon tea.
    Jude13 wrote: »
    Gym tonight, maybe a run. Up at 5 tomorrow for a spin to the hospital and all going well a new elf coming in to the world.

Oh best of luck to you both! Exciting times!

Jude13 wrote: »
    What are snowbites? the after 8's and marshmallows would be history.

https://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/cadbury-snowbites

I was tempted to open the After8s on the weekend but then I would be feasting on them every time I pass the press :P

Loughc wrote: »
    Same, I have 3 selection boxes, a pack of shortbreads, a box of after eights, a bag of snowbites, a bag of marshmallows and a box of festive friends staring at me in the press.

It doesn't help I keep checking the press... :o

I also have a box of Teasers... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I threw it all out. I’d totally have eaten it all. There might be a pack of Pringles but that’s about it tbh

I threw it all out. I’d totally have eaten it all. There might be a pack of Pringles but that’s about it tbh

You're a stronger person than me. I threw out half a bag of the Tesco Onion rings and the last few celebration sweets and I thought I was great at that.

I can't throw the other stuff out, I have myself convinced once I get to a stone lost I'm having a kcal-free day, where I'm not going to worry about the kcals I will consume that day.

I'll keep my meals on plan but allow myself the treats... just got to get there first! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

You're a stronger person than me. I threw out half a bag of the Tesco Onion rings and the last few celebration sweets and I thought I was great at that.

I can't throw the other stuff out, I have myself convinced once I get to a stone lost I'm having a kcal-free day, where I'm not going to worry about the kcals I will consume that day.

I'll keep my meals on plan but allow myself the treats... just got to get there first! :)

You can do it! I kept the mini selection box bits and marked the syns on them but they’re gone now. Then replaced the rest with Freddos and curly wurlys lol. Oh and there are some quality street in the sweets jar. At 2 syns each I have one with coffee sometimes

Then replaced the rest with Freddos and curly wurlys lol.

We have these in the house too... SW staples haha.

Well I had an eye opener this weekend as I tried to pick on outfit for Friday night - a dress that I wore to a wedding in July wouldn't zip up :( There's no worse feeling than that. So I have another wedding at the beginning of April and I'm determined to fit back into it by then!

Well I had an eye opener this weekend as I tried to pick on outfit for Friday night - a dress that I wore to a wedding in July wouldn't zip up :( There's no worse feeling than that. So I have another wedding at the beginning of April and I'm determined to fit back into it by then!

Ah the old saying... it's all fun and games until your jeans don't fit no more.

Christmas is lethal for that for me, one year I bought a new suit as I had 2 weddings one in October and one in December.

The October one was the 31st and the December one was the 28th, so even less than 2 months later... in October the suit fitted perfectly and come December.... NIGHTMARE. The trousers would barely zip up and the jacket had to be worn open. LESS THAN 2 MONTHS!

I've never going to learn when it comes to Christmas Splurging! :o

At least it gives me something to focus on in January :D

Glad to know I'm not alone on Christmas splurge! :D I think because I spend so much of the year saying "No, I better not" to things I want, when I get to Christmas, I take the "feck it, it's Christmas" to the extreme :o

In other news, I'm back from my walk and I can confirm that:

1. It's bloody freezing out
    2. There's also quite a bit of sunshine which makes it a "Glad to be Alive" kinda day!
    Highly recommend getting out there for a bit if you can :)

In other news, I'm back from my walk and I can confirm that:

1. It's bloody freezing out
    2. There's also quite a bit of sunshine which makes it a "Glad to be Alive" kinda day!
    Highly recommend getting out there for a bit if you can :)

Ooooh they're my favorite kind of walks, the cold and sun together! You feel so fresh after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just back from a 20 minute walk there to clear the workhead & I can confirm that CherLouth is correct... its baltic!!
    In saying that I'd love to be away from this desk & enjoying a 1 or 2 hour walk in that kind of weather.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

This is me 3 weeks ago!

0i8ejcqikzb21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Same, we have some chocolate kimberleys, two selection boxes, a box of After Eights, some fudge & a box of afternoon tea.

I've 3 Easter eggs I was given last year :D My problem isn't chocolate, it's crisps, especially pringles. Last of the Christmas tubes is gone at last so buying no more until at least Easter

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've never actually bought a packet of crisps, they do nothing for me. :o

My main problem isn't chocolate either though. Now a nice danish pastry/chocolate eclair/coffee slice/victoria sponge/pecan plait on the other hand... nom nom!

• Advertisement

I'm also not a crisp fan, Posy! The looks I get when I tell people that :pac: I hate the way they get stuck in your teeth! :p I love everything else though - chocolate, jellies, cake, buns..... :o I wish I didn't have a sweet tooth

I'm also not a crisp fan, Posy! The looks I get when I tell people that :pac: I hate the way they get stuck in your teeth! :p I love everything else though - chocolate, jellies, cake, buns..... :o I wish I didn't have a sweet tooth

I've a massive sweet tooth.... same as you CL, chocolate, cakes, buns, jellies!

Been craving jellies for the past 2 week as that's the only thing I haven't had any of since Christmas.

I don't mind crisps... I do love a big bag of Crisps but I find once I have crisps I'm like I'm done with them for a while, where when I have chocolate I'm immediately searching for my next chocolate hit haha.

Been craving jellies for the past 2 week as that's the only thing I haven't had any of since Christmas.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

These are pretty good to keep the jelly cravings away. I need to pick up more this week.

The one thing I'm finding with the early morning gym sessions is it's making my working week feel much longer... :(

After the gym I feel like I've a days work done as it is... and then I have to go to work. But it really is convenient.

Got weighed last night - was up half a pound :( Disgusted to be honest. But perhaps the kick up the bum I needed so this week, I've committed to writing everything down & posting my meals on our SW groups FB page. Hopefully that will keep me going and give me a good result this week!

Already looking forward to my walk at lunchtime - even though it's piddling rain out! :D

Got weighed last night - was up half a pound :( Disgusted to be honest. But perhaps the kick up the bum I needed so this week, I've committed to writing everything down & posting my meals on our SW groups FB page. Hopefully that will keep me going and give me a good result this week!

Already looking forward to my walk at lunchtime - even though it's piddling rain out! :D

The hardest thing for me is when I gain and I feel like I was deprived all week is I get so dishearted and usually end up spiraling.

This year I'm gonna accept there will be bad weigh ins and I'll gain weeks where I didn't deserve to but there'll be weeks where i'll lose more than I deserve to too. The important thing is never stop trying.

I've lost 6lbs in the last two weeks but if I continued to eat and not exercise like I was pre-January I would have been up anywhere from 2-5lbs, so instead of being down just 6lbs I've also stopped a gain of that too.

You can do it CL, tracking everything you eat is key to success, I'm an awful picker, a shortbread here, a few nuts there, etc, it's not long until those syns fly up if you're not keeping an eye on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I found using a tracker app like MyFitnessPal worked great logging my calorie intake. If you'r ehonest with yourself its a fantastic tool for reminding you when you're not doing what you're meant to be doing.

Had a late night or working from home (didnt finish until near 10 last night) and then proceeded to get stuck into the remaining half tube of pringles we have... I'm officially writing off this week as we're out on Saturday night for my MIL's birthday on top of the eating, not gonna weigh myself & start afresh from Monday. At least, judging by my clothes I'm not getting bigger so thats something.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Thanks Loughc! You are right, if I was back to my old ways of Christmas past, I could easily have another half stone on so silver linings!
    You can do it CL, tracking everything you eat is key to success, I'm an awful picker, a shortbread here, a few nuts there, etc, it's not long until those syns fly up if you're not keeping an eye on it!

I can be the same and if I'm honest, that's what I was doing last week a bit, not keeping track of the little bits I picked at outside of my main meals! So this week, I'm going to track everything! And normally, I'm really good at that because I love making lists & I thrive on organisation. I don't know what was going on last week. Anyway, drawing a line under it and moving onwards! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ye have convinced me to download MyFitnessPal again. I hate using it but I think it's necessary for the next while anyway to kickstart some serious weightloss.

• Advertisement

This was my mantra on my run just now :P

Advertisement