Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint Account Proof of Address

Options
  • 02-01-2019 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

My girlfriend and I recently leased a new apartment and have applied to set up a joint account for managing bills etc. As we have not lived together before we don't have bills or driving licences with this new address on them, and thus do not match the proof of address requirements (our driver's licences also have different addresses), and will also not be changing utility bills for the apartment into our names.

Is there an alternative form of proof that can be provided? We both already have current accounts with BOI so wouldn't have thought we would need to again prove our identity, I tried to apply while logged in to 365 online.

Thanks,

TP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Hi Teddy Picker,

Happy New Year and thanks for getting in touch.

Acceptable forms of proof of address are household utility bills, statements from another financial institution and some revenue documents such as P21 Form and Tax credit form.

Many Thanks

John

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Teddy Picker

Hi Teddy Picker,

Happy New Year and thanks for getting in touch.

Acceptable forms of proof of address are household utility bills, statements from another financial institution and some revenue documents such as P21 Form and Tax credit form.

Many Thanks

John
    Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, however it doesn't answer the main question. As we will not be moving bills etc to our new address, what are our options in terms of setting up a joint account, or is it not possible without proof of address for the apartment? Why is proof of address required in the first place for a current account?

Thanks,

Colin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, however it doesn't answer the main question. As we will not be moving bills etc to our new address, what are our options in terms of setting up a joint account, or is it not possible without proof of address for the apartment? Why is proof of address required in the first place for a current account?

Thanks,

Colin

Hi Colin,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Proof of address is required to open any account with us. If you are unable to produce any of the above documents I would suggest contacting our new account opening team on 01 4044034 to talk to an advisor to see if there is any alternative documents that could be accepted.

Many Thanks

John

Advertisement