Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance

• 02-01-2019 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering if there is a recent health insurance thread. Somewhere where people can post 'good' policies they have? It is very complicanted trying to switch and if there is a thread on it, it would be very useful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

demello wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering if there is a recent health insurance thread. Somewhere where people can post 'good' policies they have? It is very complicanted trying to switch and if there is a thread on it, it would be very useful

I was wondering the same. However just a little hint here.
    We are with Laya on one of the old plans.

Was asking the wife if she had heard from them in relation to a re-renewal for this year and nothing.
    Logged into the portal and first thing is said on the side was "We’ve simplified your renewal so you don’t need to do anything. Your policy will automatically renew on Tue 1 Jan 2019"

Total gangsters and yes plan had gone up with something like €60 per month!.

I remembered a radio program on news talk where they talked about a great plan where you get 50% of general everyday expenses (GPs etc) and are still covered for all the "usual's".

I just compared to our old one. Slightly higher excess but will be saving €800 per year and get money back! and lots of other benefits .

"Simply Connect Plus". Check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

my job gives me a 10% discount on Laya so will be going with them,

anyone recommend any other affordable but decent plans?

no underlying health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

Best to call and speak to an advisor as health policies generally are hard get a one size fits all. Waiting periods may apply and LCR may apply. It depends what you want to have covered and your budget aswell. Thta way speaking to an advisor you can get your Q's answered etc

Advertisement