Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile connect 30 day plan and the eir sport App not working

• 02-01-2019 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

I ported over on December 29th to eir.  I am on the eir mobile connect 30 day sim only plan. I signed up as I wanted the eir sports app on my mobile. I am not a broadband customer. I sucessfully register online and can log into the eir website. I then dowload the red/pink eir sport app. I put in the same details and get the error message "sorry your account is not eligible to use this app". See attached photo.

I try to contact customer services 5 times over three days. The number just cuts me off again and again. It then rings and i am left on hold for 40/50/60+ minutes and no answer. How on earth can this be possible? A quick search online and there are hundreds of complaints about the hold times.

Today i started ringing again at 2 and couldnt get through. I called the eir commerical sign up number for eir sports. Got through after five minutes. Then got transferred to eir sport residential tech support, another 15 mins on hold. Man comes on the phone. Tries for 15 minutes to sort problem and cant do anything. He says he is restricted to what ge can do as it is not the green app for broadband customers. (The same green app that has chromecast capability and seems to be the only app you care about helping with). He says I have to contact customer services again as this is a mobile query. I get transferred and an hour on hold and no answer.

Call back 1905 again at 330. Get trough to someone at 445. She goes off and calls tech support who tell her my number is not eligible for the app. Like seriously??? I signed up last week. You have big signs and leaflets about the free app on my plan. She says she as no idea what she can do and to go back into the shop. I go to the eir store. The lad is clueless. Says that I should call eir sport tech or 1905.

I tell im I have painstakingly done so for days and they eventually told me to go into the store. Also tried live chat and facebook messenger. The only suggestion on live chat was to reset my password. Did that and didnt work. Every single means of communication to your comany is abysmal. Every single employee is absolutely clueless.  Can someone please sort out my number so I can use ther app I have PAID for as part of my subscription.

My partner also signed up completely seperately to me with her own account and is having the exact same problem. We both cant sign in to the app. Its saying we are not eligible even thoug we have the correct plan and can sign into the eir website. Who am I supposed to talk to here? Has anyone got a clue whats going on??? Genuinely?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

pj12332 wrote: »
    I ported over on December 29th to eir.  I am on the eir mobile connect 30 day sim only plan. I signed up as I wanted the eir sports app on my mobile. I am not a broadband customer. I sucessfully register online and can log into the eir website. I then dowload the red/pink eir sport app. I put in the same details and get the error message "sorry your account is not eligible to use this app". See attached photo.

I try to contact customer services 5 times over three days. The number just cuts me off again and again. It then rings and i am left on hold for 40/50/60+ minutes and no answer. How on earth can this be possible? A quick search online and there are hundreds of complaints about the hold times.

Today i started ringing again at 2 and couldnt get through. I called the eir commerical sign up number for eir sports. Got through after five minutes. Then got transferred to eir sport residential tech support, another 15 mins on hold. Man comes on the phone. Tries for 15 minutes to sort problem and cant do anything. He says he is restricted to what ge can do as it is not the green app for broadband customers. (The same green app that has chromecast capability and seems to be the only app you care about helping with). He says I have to contact customer services again as this is a mobile query. I get transferred and an hour on hold and no answer.

Call back 1905 again at 330. Get trough to someone at 445. She goes off and calls tech support who tell her my number is not eligible for the app. Like seriously??? I signed up last week. You have big signs and leaflets about the free app on my plan. She says she as no idea what she can do and to go back into the shop. I go to the eir store. The lad is clueless. Says that I should call eir sport tech or 1905.

I tell im I have painstakingly done so for days and they eventually told me to go into the store. Also tried live chat and facebook messenger. The only suggestion on live chat was to reset my password. Did that and didnt work. Every single means of communication to your comany is abysmal. Every single employee is absolutely clueless.  Can someone please sort out my number so I can use ther app I have PAID for as part of my subscription.

My partner also signed up completely seperately to me with her own account and is having the exact same problem. We both cant sign in to the app. Its saying we are not eligible even thoug we have the correct plan and can sign into the eir website. Who am I supposed to talk to here? Has anyone got a clue whats going on??? Genuinely?????
    Hi there pj12332,

I do apologise about the inconvenience in regards to logging into our "eir sport" app.

We are currently undergoing technical difficulties with the app at present but our team are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭pj12332

Hi there pj12332,

I do apologise about the inconvenience in regards to logging into our "eir sport" app.

We are currently undergoing technical difficulties with the app at present but our team are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

~Kellie
    This is the red app yes? I've been on hold for over an hour to customer support and then man finally answered there five minutes ago and said he is aware of no wider problem?

Hi there pj12332,

~Kellie
    This is the red app yes? I've been on hold for over an hour to customer support and then man finally answered there five minutes ago and said he is aware of no wider problem?
    Hi pj12332,

We are currently getting this issue looked into.

Could you PM me your account number and the exact issues that you are having with the app so that I can get this escalated further for you.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Hi Kellie, 

I have this same issue and PM'd you about it last week.. Can you please respond to the PM as the online chat has said there is nothing they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭10 Carrolls

Hi All,

I had this problem for almost 2 years and nobody at eir was able to help me. I finally discovered that I had registered  on my eir as a business customer by mistake. Now I know that's on broadband but it may be something similar with mobile. I had to remove the account and wait 24 hours and then re-register for my eir and it worked for me. I got the exact same message that my account was not eligible.

• Advertisement

Hi Kellie, 

I have this same issue and PM'd you about it last week.. Can you please respond to the PM as the online chat has said there is nothing they can do.
    Hi Lord Derpington,

I'm sorry but I don't appear to of received a PM from yourself?

If you could send me on the following account details, I'd be more than happy to have a look.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

~Kellie

Would just like to note that after weeks of being messed around by eir I Fixed the issue myself. I ended up changing my email to something else and it worked. No one ever suggested this to me. Eir have been useless from start to finish. A joke of a company. Promise after promise for people to get back to me and take responsibility to get it sorted and heard absolutely nothing back in terms of solutions. Horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Redhood

Thanks pj12332!
    I've had the same problem going on since mid december, absolute nightmare to deal with. Package changed twice to try fix the problem, been through to countless customer service reps. Same as you "not entitled to app", countless account resets and uninstalls, no one had a clue. Your trick worked so thanks a million.

Redhood wrote: »
    Thanks pj12332!
    I've had the same problem going on since mid december, absolute nightmare to deal with. Package changed twice to try fix the problem, been through to countless customer service reps. Same as you "not entitled to app", countless account resets and uninstalls, no one had a clue. Your trick worked so thanks a million.

They should be paying me haha‚ No probs hopefully no more problems now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Hi Kellie, 

Hi Lord Derpington,

I'm sorry but I don't appear to of received a PM from yourself?

If you could send me on the following account details, I'd be more than happy to have a look.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

~Kellie
    Hi Kellie, PM'd you again on this.

I also have an issue with my first bill... I'm being charged a service charge of 75% of my bill cost for no reason. Your support told me you charge it to everyone and it was for a partial month.

I signed up on the 12th December and activated my sim on the 24th and you're charging me for a partial service while my sim card was in the post (Dec 12th to 18th), absolute joke! 

• Advertisement
Advertisement