Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone double-charging on PAYG

Options
  • 02-01-2019 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

I'm a very occasional user of a mobile phone so no package makes financial sense to me.
    For some time I've suspected that Vodafone has been double-charging me for text messages and today I found a definite example with a ghost SMS charge appearing 1 minute after a genuine message. The message was only about 50 characters including spaces and had only basic text characters so I know it wasn't a rich text or long message being double charged.

I've also noticed that while costs are supposed to be 13c per SMS, my balance reduced by 27c

Anyone else had similar problems?

(And yes, I know I should get a life, but I hate paying for something I didn't use/get)

Vodafone completely unhelpful of course..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Any chance you put an emoji into it might make it MMS message?

Get the my Vodafone app (if indeed you have a smartphone) and that will show you charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Check that you don't have your phone set to enhanced encoding for SMS - not seen it recently, but Nokia phones in the pre-Android days often did this. This reduces your SMS length to 70 characters. This happened on every message, whether or not it needed the UCS-2 characters.

Advertisement