Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 year old- diet?

Options
  • 02-01-2019 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am wondering what everyone else is feeding their little rascals on a daily basis? She has been formula fed all along so I have started her on cows milk along with 3 meals & 2 healthy snacks.. How much milk to give? I am reading conflicting advice online so I want to know what others are doing.
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

The feeding plan is a little scatty after the 1st year isnt it.. Herself is on two big meals a day and then lets say maybe 2 snacks for sure.. The milk im not too sure of to be honest. Herself is just gone 1, she is still on 16oz of formula milk, the book i was following said to cut it down to 11oz me thinks soon (and she has kinda started loosing interest in the 3pm feed).

Snack wise, we give her some of the Glenlin farm yogurt lets say before she goes for her nap, then lunch is soup which she loves, a small sandwich, some babybel cheese, legas for on the go or to just keep her occupied, we are blessed as she eats mostly everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Milly33 wrote: »
    The feeding plan is a little scatty after the 1st year isnt it.. Herself is on two big meals a day and then lets say maybe 2 snacks for sure.. The milk im not too sure of to be honest. Herself is just gone 1, she is still on 16oz of formula milk, the book i was following said to cut it down to 11oz me thinks soon (and she has kinda started loosing interest in the 3pm feed).

Snack wise, we give her some of the Glenlin farm yogurt lets say before she goes for her nap, then lunch is soup which she loves, a small sandwich, some babybel cheese, legas for on the go or to just keep her occupied, we are blessed as she eats mostly everything

Thank you Milly! I suppose it's all trial and error. There are no rules. I do wish a baby came with a guidebook ha ha

Advertisement