Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaking to someone about visa options

Options
  • 02-01-2019 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey everyone! I have a quick question regarding Visas (I had a look around the forum and couldn't find an answer so I hope nobody minds my asking)

Is there anywhere in Dublin one can go in and chat to someone face to face about their options regarding getting a visa? A sort of citizens information office but specific to US visas, I suppose.

I was on a J1 last summer and fell in love with NYC. I'm out of college too long to do a grad visa so I want to just talk to someone about what my other options might be. Of course I tried google and researched on the US embassy site but I've read so much at this stage my brain is mush. Thanks everyone! :)

EDIT: I should say, I know of USIT but they seem to do only travel, J1 and grad visas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

jvoom500 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I have a quick question regarding Visas (I had a look around the forum and couldn't find an answer so I hope nobody minds my asking)

Is there anywhere in Dublin one can go in and chat to someone face to face about their options regarding getting a visa? A sort of citizens information office but specific to US visas, I suppose.

I was on a J1 last summer and fell in love with NYC. I'm out of college too long to do a grad visa so I want to just talk to someone about what my other options might be. Of course I tried google and researched on the US embassy site but I've read so much at this stage my brain is mush. Thanks everyone! :)

EDIT: I should say, I know of USIT but they seem to do only travel, J1 and grad visas.

Think it's really just the like of USIT that you can talk to face to face.

Your visa options would find an American to marry!!
    Get a job with an Irish company who also have a site in the US and apply for L-1 Intra-Company transfer visa
    Have a speciality occupation that would allow you to get an H1B visa
    Apply for a training scheme which is the H3 - https://www.usit.ie/blog/2018/07/18/professional-career-training-usa-the-visa-you-never-heard-of

Those are your options from what I can tell, other than being a world-class athlete, artist etc those would be O or P visas

Advertisement