Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad 9.7 inch

Options
  • 02-01-2019 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭

I have an IPad Air 2 16GB which I bought in 2015.
    Would the iPad 9.7 inch 32GB be a decent upgrade or should I stretch to the 128GB? The Pro is a bit more than I want to spend

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I have an air 2 and I love it...

Sister in law has the ‘new’ 9.7inch once that has pencil compatibility and it’s really snappy in comparison to mine, so yeah, it would be a good upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I just have an issue with the memory on the Air, only 16GB.
    I had to delete a load of stuff to install iOS 12.

16gb is quite small.
    64gb would be ideal if the budget allows?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

I moved from the first iPad air 2013 to the 9.7 at Christmas. I find the new one to be much faster, better screen imo and the battery life is fantastic. Visually it doesn’t look much different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I dont think it comes in 64GB, my iPhone is that size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If you can find the extra €90 to go to 128 i think you'd be mad not to. You'd be surprised how fast 32g will fill up with the OS and a couple of netflix downloads/kindle books/big apps. It'll make it so much more usable and pleasant when you don't constantly have to monitor the space.

Have you considered looking at the Refurb store on Apples website?

Nice savings to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If you can find the extra €90 to go to 128 i think you'd be mad not to. You'd be surprised how fast 32g will fill up with the OS and a couple of netflix downloads/kindle books/big apps. It'll make it so much more usable and pleasant when you don't constantly have to monitor the space.

I'd be the opposite.

Have 32gb iPad Air since it came out and it's plenty.

Netflix downloads are only temporary and books are tiny files.

Good use of cloud services works out a lot better and cheaper than paying Apples's ridiculous prices for extra hard disc space.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Really depends on your usage. I have an iPad mini 2 with 32gb of storage and I find it a pain as I fly long haul (7-14+ hours) pretty much once every 6-8 weeks. Trying to juggle Netflix downloads with Youtube downloads with iTunes content and books/comics/music etc. is a bit of a drag.

that being said though, a family member got one of these for Christmas and I have to say it's a bloody great iPad for the price. Best bang for buck Apple device atm which is saying a lot considering their prices on other hardware :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Ordered a refurbished iPad 6th Generation 2018 from Apple on Wednesday at 18:00. Arrived at 14:00 today - less than 48 hours.

128Gb for €386.00. Bargain, in my view.

D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement