Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KNX

Options
  • 03-01-2019 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience of KNX installations?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

There is a guy on YouTube ThomasNangy or something like that. He is a spark in london and recently posted a video ofaflat rewirehe did usining KNX. I think he saidhehad to do a training course beforehand to learn about how to install and commission it

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Anyone have any experience of KNX installations?

Cheers

Is there anything in particular you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Luckysasha wrote: »
    There is a guy on YouTube ThomasNangy or something like that. He is a spark in london and recently posted a video ofaflat rewirehe did usining KNX. I think he saidhehad to do a training course beforehand to learn about how to install and commission it
    You're thinking of Thomas Nagy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

tweek84 wrote: »
    Is there anything in particular you are looking for?

I’m doing a final year project as part of my degree, basically doing a full electrical installation of a commercial office,

As part of the spec I would like to add in KNX for the lighting control.

Just unsure of how it’s physically wired at the boards etc...

Fittings need 230v and then I presume acivtrol cable?

How are the Knx dimming actuators linked to each lighting circuit, what breakers do they need, is it a completely separate lighting panel?

Any guidance would be great,

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

I’m doing a final year project as part of my degree, basically doing a full electrical installation of a commercial office,

As part of the spec I would like to add in KNX for the lighting control.

Just unsure of how it’s physically wired at the boards etc...

Fittings need 230v and then I presume acivtrol cable?

How are the Knx dimming actuators linked to each lighting circuit, what breakers do they need, is it a completely separate lighting panel?

Any guidance would be great,

Cheers

Nice are you far in to the project? I will drop you a pm and i can email you some info i have on KNX installations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

tweek84 wrote: »
    Nice are you far in to the project? I will drop you a pm and i can email you some info i have on KNX installations

Have pretty much everything done except for the lighting circuitry, have the dialux outputs done etc but just need to understand how the KNX controls the lighting and how the dittibution boards are made up,

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Any one know how much this would cost for an average 3 bed semi detached house to purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

heffo500 wrote: »
    Any one know how much this would cost for an average 3 bed semi detached house to purchase?

Did the course about ten years ago I recall the price of a light switch was over 100e and the talk among the class was that it would be at least 3 times the price of standard domestic wiring.

Advertisement