Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy business PC for Adobe/Video Editing software

Options
  • 03-01-2019 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My business involves using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and some other software similar to AutoCad.

I'm looking for suggestions on websites that would spec and supply a decent PC for this need?

You can PM me suggestions if posting sites publicly are not allowed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

HP or Dell would be a good start.

You just need a decent graphics card and probably a good quality monitor.

Do you have a budget?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Am I wrong in thinking you need plenty CPU power rather than GPU for video editing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Am I wrong in thinking you need plenty CPU power rather than GPU for video editing?

Depends on the software.
    "Adobe has been making increasing use of the GPU over the last several years, and in Premiere Pro in particular benefits from using a modern GPU. Not only can it help reduce the time it takes to encode a video, it also improves live playback FPS when playing higher resolution footage or projects with multiple GPU-accelerated effects applied."

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-143/Hardware-Recommendations

Advertisement