Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sflynn6

I discovered this tread only recently and their are some interesting observations here.
    I've been investing a long time and have been in technology stocks ( slab), cannibis ( apha, ogrmf and tgod) , biotech ( amrn , crmd).
    I have just bought nio on the dip today and am also in hear at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looking at NIO myself but want to see it holding above $6 for a day or so after touching it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sflynn6

well they have dropped a fair bit at this point, I got in at 6.10, a lot will depend on the trade deal with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

Reebonz (RBZ) has a 1-8 reverse split coming into effect tomorrow, do what you will with that info before the market opens:
    https://seekingalpha.com/news/3442904-reebonz-announces-1minus-8-reverse-stock-split

SEC doc for those who like to read that kind of stuff:
    https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1752108/000121390019001714/f6k020519ex99-1_reebonzhold.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I think NIO is an absolute steal right now.

• Advertisement

CLDR worth a punt here I feel, currently testing resistance around 11.50'ish, I think the results from the earnings were overdone and this has great potential. Not entering yet, I think $11 is possibly on the cards but if it starts heading up I'm going in anyhow.
    Got back into TEUM on the dip yesterday at 4.82, its up at 5.23 right now, one to hold long term I think.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I think NIO is an absolute steal right now.

I feel robbed anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Supercell wrote: »
    CLDR worth a punt here I feel, currently testing resistance around 11.50'ish, I think the results from the earnings were overdone and this has great potential. Not entering yet, I think $11 is possibly on the cards but if it starts heading up I'm going in anyhow.

Picked up some today

APHA having a great day up 6.7% at the moment, am back in the green finally on this. TEUM doing great as well, great day so far for my stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Everything is flying up today, even HIVE!

Banking Alibaba & Atlassian if/when they hit $185/$112.50

• Advertisement

Best, Day, Ever!!
    APHA +6.67%
    TEUM +9.4%
    JD +0.75% (should have sold the early pop but well up on this overall)
    Took a position of CLDR at $11.46, ended at $11.80 , think thats got room to run.
    Only red was small position in NOK which was -0.94% but am reasonably well up on that (bought @ $5.97, currently at $6.33 on close).

NIO if it tests and bounces at 5.50 am going in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Bloody Ryanair :rolleyes:

Bloody Ryanair :rolleyes:

With Brexit looming and the Boeing issue still ongoing it's hard to see the price making much headway. A lot of it's planned fleet growth over the next 5 years is based on deliveries of new planes from Boeing that is now very much in question.

TEUM stop loss almost triggered today, still well up but leaving the stop at 5.15 and if triggered so be it, profits are profits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

VSTM still edging up ! Any thoughts on how far it'll go?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

If VSTM gets anywhere near 5$ ill be dumping it all at a small profit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

I'll be holding and waiting. The 3rd in line treatment is great and and all but there's a 2nd I'm line combo therapy the data looks positive from. I see there being lots of catalysts to edge upwards since there is so many different studies on going and the sales haven't really taken off yet!

To the moon!!!!!

Personally if it's anywhere near 6 before next earnings I'd be inclined to sell.
    After the 1st q earnings I wouldn't be overly confident of the 2q ER exceeding market expectations. If it's still between 3 and 4 by then I'd hold and hope for the best. I wouldn't be surprised if in 2-3 years it's between 10-20 dollars as it establishes itself in the market and develops combination therapies with other drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

VKTX finally moving upwards again. Cannot see it reaching the previous highs a few months ago but glad to see it moving nonetheless!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

crushproof wrote: »
    VKTX finally moving upwards again. Cannot see it reaching the previous highs a few months ago but glad to see it moving nonetheless!

What happened today? up 12% Still a bit off my BEP of $14 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Heiser

Aren't the latest study results expected at the conference in April? If it can edge up a bit before that and the results are good then you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

What happened today? up 12% Still a bit off my BEP of $14 though

Same Here. VKTX, PAVmed and MU are the only reds I’m holding atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

nice to see the gains on AAPL, in the green since $174, I'll be selling 100 shares when it gets to $200 , I'll hold the rest for a few swings, but think it will go above 250, even to 300 in the next 18mths. USO making solid gains as well, driving season on the way in the USA, so it could go to $15, that should pay for another CX bike for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Anyone have any thoughts on some of the Irish REITS? Have some very small amounts in Hibernia and IRES. Hibernia has been fairly poor, IRES has had decent growth but I'm concerned about the numerous articles I'm reading about the massive remuneration packages many of the execs are on and huge bonuses they are awarding themselves. Not sure the performance merits such largesse upon themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Anyone have any thoughts on some of the Irish REITS? Have some very small amounts in Hibernia and IRES. Hibernia has been fairly poor, IRES has had decent growth but I'm concerned about the numerous articles I'm reading about the massive remuneration packages many of the execs are on and huge bonuses they are awarding themselves. Not sure the performance merits such largesse upon themselves.

Part of the course with REIT, s, they completely underperform the real on the ground property market due to the directors rewarding themselves handsomely, dividend yield is no better than a broad based equity fund so why not diversify?

They make no sense to me at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Yesterday was a big up day on wall St yet europe is down again today, eventually a day of reckoning will arrive as europes economy is completely moribund and is still below 2007 levels

Looking at the SPY I think a day of reckoning is coming very soon all round, probably within the next two to three weeks as the SPY likely double tops. I plan to be mostly in cash at that time and wait and see what happens next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Supercell wrote: »
    Looking at the SPY I think a day of reckoning is coming very soon all round, probably within the next two to three weeks as the SPY likely double tops. I plan to be mostly in cash at that time and wait and see what happens next.

Agreed, can't believe the recovery since January. 70% cash for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Part of the course with REIT, s, they completely underperform the real on the ground property market due to the directors rewarding themselves handsomely, dividend yield is no better than a broad based equity fund so why not diversify?

They make no sense to me at all

I feel IRES is the only well managed REIT in Ireland and I think their focus on residential property is a good pure play on the housing shortage in the Dublin area at the moment.

Green and Hibernia are more focused on commercial property and I get the sense they are more focused on wheeling and dealing for a short term profit than owning the properties for the rental income.
    Effectively what's happened is they got some good deals on property when they were set up, but sold them for a windfall gain as property prices increased. The issue now is they have plenty of cash and debt facilities available but no good value properties are available to spend it on. The whole point of REITs is owning properties churning out stable income to pay out dividends from, so as you say, they're not really achieving what they're supposed to achieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I think the Irish REIT's are too small to be a worthwhile investment. I invested in NRF back in 2009/10, I made a killing as well as picking up a 10% div every year. If you can find an american one, it's worth looking at, again, the property market may be stagnant for a while, but they do have large dividends. I am holding enough cash to again purchase property in the next 24 months, I think we are going to see a downtrend in Ireland, REIT's reflect the downtrend faster than real property prices, they make it back faster as well though. It is a good way to speculate on property while remaining liquid and if you don't have enough to buy your own property/ies.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/INTU.L?p=INTU.L

Advertisement