Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Ryanair could use their 738's for a few years, and still sell them at a profit.

They have also been masters at buying right at a time when Boeing needed to fill their order books, pushing the price even lower. And then, apart from hedging on fuel, they'll hedge on Euro to Dollar exchange rates, possibly locking in even greater savings.

But fuel costs and fuel savings are two massive areas for Ryanair, with pilot fuel burn league tables in bases. Installing onboard wifi couldn't be justified because of the additionsl fuel required due to the drag created by the antenna on the roof of the fuesalage.

So I could absolutely see them prematurely dumping 738's for Max 8's

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

My God they were delicious !

Eddie Rockets are giving away 10,000 free shakes, they've launched the beyond burger as well.

Think that stock is way over priced. A lot of competition in that space. If impossible IPO'd they'd be screwed, don't think they will anytime soon though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

championc wrote: »
    Ryanair could use their 738's for a few years, and still sell them at a profit.

And your calculations on that would be what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My God they were delicious !
    Delicious as in the best veggie burger you've ever had or was it genuinely like a beefburger?

(This is research not off topic :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Thargor wrote: »
    Delicious as in the best veggie burger you've ever had or was it genuinely like a beefburger?

(This is research not off topic :D)

Tastes like a flame grilled steak burger done medium. Not even joking, I was shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

List price of 90-100 mil versus what Ryanair paid based on their bulk order, estimated to be 40-50 mil. Average 4-5 year old 737-800 appear to be ~40 mil.
    Doubt they'll sell them at a profit in fairness.

I imagine that Ryanair will take advantage of the current situation with the max 8's and negotiate a further discount on their already ordered 135 planes. I could see them adding to that order in very near future.
    Jim2007 wrote: »
    And your calculations on that would be what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

Eddie Rockets are giving away 10,000 free shakes, they've launched the beyond burger as well.

Think that stock is way over priced. A lot of competition in that space. If impossible IPO'd they'd be screwed, don't think they will anytime soon though.

Finished yesterday at $97 and after hours hit $99 having spent the day at around ~$91. From what I read the spike was on the back of a comment by McDonalds CEO about being interested in bringing vegan offerings to their outlets. Feel sceptical about if it will continue the last 2 days momentum today or settle down tho so I’ll wait and watch

Up over $100 now, unless McD develop their own burger I think they will have to make a deal with BM to compete.

Any interim 10% drop and I'll go long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

Up over $100 now, unless McD develop their own burger I think they will have to make a deal with BM to compete.

Any interim 10% drop and I'll go long.

Similar, if it dropps back to low $90 region Ill buy a few again..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Palo Alto down over 5% so far today after an acquisition announced yesterday. Think I'll dip in again just a case of when really because they're going to continue to grow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

If I had a few quid sitting idle I'd definitely be taking one long last look at NIO.

Anyone have any further thoughts on NIO? It's been getting a right pounding of late with the trade uncertainties and probably fallout from Tesla maybe?

Still watching like a hawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Browney7 wrote: »
    Anyone have any further thoughts on NIO? It's been getting a right pounding of late with the trade uncertainties and probably fallout from Tesla maybe?

I have faith in them to deliver better results for the rest of the year with their cheaper SUV. Chinese companies remain as dodgy as ever and NIO is no exception. End of tariffs and a reintroduction of subsidies for electric cars in China is much needed, however their new model is going to sell well by all accounts.

Awaiting new factory news, end of tariffs, end of lawsuit claims from investors, delivery of new vehicles on time, and update on sedan production..

I'll jump in when the priorty items of above look a bit better, it's worrying if they're not addressed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Goodbye Green REIT....my old friend. Have held for 2 years. Got out today at €1.74. That's a 10% premium on my BEP and I have taken about 6% div over the last two years.

If this sucker drops back below €1.60, I would be tempted to jump back in again. NAV is estimated at €1.80 and a buyer will have to pay at least €1.90 or €2 to buy them out.

Then again, if nobody shows an interest....it could flatline back to €1.50 or much worse. Buyer beware.

canonball5 wrote: »
    RGSE having a decent day.

After dropping from .88 to .7, it's now up over 400% in the past couple of weeks, on very little news. I'm still down.

The joys of OTC. Hope I'm alone on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

geordi wrote: »
    Zuora. Rough week post-earnings but market is huge and expect great things to come (founder is ex-Salesforce)

Never got in on this thankfully, down 30% on weak sales and some product glitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im down almost 20% across the board in about 2 weeks. Rough times.

Although if i had any capital id be doubling down on a few...

FAANG having a mare. Will wait for entry.

Great day for Airlines Ryanair, Easyjet, IAG all up 3%. They seem to be finally bottoming out.

Already overweight on Ryanair, soo picked up a bit more IAG. They are offering a special dividend on 4th July. of 7% on top of there already generous dividend of 3%. When you factor in that the SP has been hammered down from over £7.20 this time last year to about £4.60 today...it looks attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Never got in on this thankfully, down 30% on weak sales and some product glitches.

I did.

It was going great guns at 15% up from the time geordi made the post and then it hit the skids, losing 20% in after hours trading. I have doubled down at €14 based on reading around. Hopefully make my losses back.

• Advertisement

I've been keeping an eye on Xiaomi since IPO, I think it's at or very close to the bottom, with possible more upside than down now. Cautious on the trump effect but it's worth sticking on the watch list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

picked up a bit more IAG. They are offering a special dividend on 4th July. of 7% on top of there already generous dividend of 3%. When you factor in that the SP has been hammered down from over £7.20 this time last year to about £4.60 today...it looks attractive.

Ex-dividend date is 4th July so the dividend & special dividend will almost certainly be reflected in the IAG sp going forward from then.

I expected Xiaomi to perform well but glad I held off getting in after the IPO. Will keep an eye on them again.

Razer is another IPO that is still getting hammered, it's growing revenue but market share is dropping by as much.
    It could be quick to rebound, I'll be watching to see how close it gets to the January low. It ticks a lot of boxes. (Except the profit one).

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Ex-dividend date is 4th July so the dividend & special dividend will almost certainly be reflected in the IAG sp going forward from then.

Listen, anything could happen, we are dealing with a very volatile and irrational market at the moment....From experience of other companies though doing special dividends (Abbey, Mondi) over the last year or two....the SP will blip down a few % points on the ex dividend date... but not go down as much as the 10% or soo of a dividend you will get....and will recover again anyway....leaving you nicely up overall.

The main thrust of my recommendation is actually that airlines are now good value and the proof of that is the fact that IAG are giving back a big chunk of money to their shareholders. (and likewise Ryanair are constantly in the market buying up their own shares)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Diageo !!!
    Hanging around an all time high at the moment.

Keep some or all or none?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

MFC Bancorp stock price is interesting viewing. 96% drop last few days. Company around since 1951.

? There was a consolidation 25 to 1. Share price is up about 3% in the last week.
    MFC Bancorp stock price is interesting viewing. 96% drop last few days. Company around since 1951.

Share split on 3rd June. 1 to 25. Actual SP has hardly moved at all. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

? There was a consolidation 25 to 1. Share price is up about 3% in the last week.

Ah. My bad!

Advertisement