Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Flex wrote: »
    Tesco Shares having a big slump today, anyone know the cause?

1.75% is not a slump to be fair. Sometimes there isnt a cause for movements like that. Not worth worrying about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

Islander13 wrote: »
    1.75% is not a slump to be fair. Sometimes there isnt a cause for movements like that. Not worth worrying about

I spotted it because DEGIRO had its close at 224.2 vs 236.7 open, -5.28%. Was down around 223 at one point earlier, but looking elsewhere I see the 1.75%... apologies for my error if I had misread this

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

Nice wee pop on Tesla after hours. Made a few $$$’s on it. Wouldn’t hold it any longer than the five minutes I did, a dangerous stock to be in these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

XMG wrote: »
    Nice wee pop on Tesla after hours. Made a few $$$’s on it. Wouldn’t hold it any longer than the five minutes I did, a dangerous stock to be in these days.

I wouldn't have the balls to buy it:D:D

Put a few k into Alexion, Stryker and Zuora at the start of June. All up over 11%.

Going to sell the Stryker tomorrow, keep the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Ex-dividend date is 4th July so the dividend & special dividend will almost certainly be reflected in the IAG sp going forward from then.

Gone ex-dividend today, SP down around 7% this morning, will probably ease back up a little

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Any thoughts on Flutter Entertainment AKA Paddy Power ?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

I would recommend both AIB & Bank of Ireland there share prices are still attractive I’m bullish long term on the Irish economy. I’ll look through my notes for more soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Gone ex-dividend today, SP down around 7% this morning, will probably ease back up a little

If you got in a couple of weeks back, (when I suggested)....you should be sound, as the SP has gone up about 10% in the run up to today's special dividend payout. (Airline sentiment improved too) ....so dividend is now free money.
    I expect the SP to improve again after today's blip as well.

IAG down 7% this morning alone. Balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Ryanair on the up, +13% since low in mid June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

[HTML][/HTML]
    bcklschaps wrote: »
    If you got in a couple of weeks back, (when I suggested)....you should be sound, as the SP has gone up about 10% in the run up to today's special dividend payout. (Airline sentiment improved too) ....so dividend is now free money.
    I expect the SP to improve again after today's blip as well.

Fair play, you must have got in at the very bottom, sp has improved a bit (before today) but that probably can be put down more to the upcoming special dividend and general market sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

[HTML][/HTML]

Fair play, you must have got in at the very bottom, sp has improved a bit (before today) but that probably can be put down more to the upcoming special dividend and general market sentiment.

I got a few shares at the very bottom but was only lowering my BEP at the time, as I got in originally a bit too early at quite a high price. Still in the red overall as of today's SP, but dividend in the bag and hopefully SP creeps back up again over the summer to give me ay least a double digit profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

AMD might be worth a few bob tomorrow at open with the good reviews of their new Ryzen. Having said that I’ll only be in until the first sign of trouble (an hour or two? Maybe longer?) as the whole Huawei / trade war nonsense lingers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Time to punt on deutsche bank.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

retalivity wrote: »

I don't think it'll ever recover personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

retalivity wrote: »

Christ no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

The ultra low interest rates are designed to extract max from bailout loans. They prevent banks making much money. If they increase heavily indebted countries will default. Could be something I'm missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

SPY knocking on the door of 300, hard to believe. Decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

What else ya going to do with your free money?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

Christ no

Tried that with Automobile Association. Got murdered...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Wow MSFT earnings report ! 141 pre market already today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭littlevillage

whatever76 wrote: »
    Wow MSFT earnings report ! 141 pre market already today

Bit of a bounce in SP early on.... but was back to where it had begun by end of day at around $136. Day traders etc. obviously got in and got out again.

That the SP of any company is based on future earnings potential, not what has already been earned.... has never been soo clearly illustrated ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Disappointing drop in MSFT at the end of the day, was hoping for $145. That said, I'll eat my hat if its not north of $200 this time next year (unless Tariff Man goes to war with Iran).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Bit of a bounce in SP early on.... but was back to where it had begun by end of day at around $136. Day traders etc. obviously got in and got out again.

That the SP of any company is based on future earnings potential, not what has already been earned.... has never been soo clearly illustrated ;)

Good Point - I would not have thought of it that way !! Disappointing dip alright - thought it at least go to 142 !! This share lark is tough going

Supercell wrote: »
    Disappointing drop in MSFT at the end of the day, was hoping for $145. That said, I'll eat my hat if its not north of $200 this time next year (unless Tariff Man goes to war with Iran).

I hope you are right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

MS and Disney are two of my favourites sorry I didn't buy a lot more of both.
    Haven't bought anything in a while, wondering which is the safer bet to load up on. Can't decide.
    Still fancy Xiaomi and Razer as outside bets just waiting for one to make a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

MS and Disney are two of my favourites sorry I didn't buy a lot more of both.
    Haven't bought anything in a while, wondering which is the safer bet to load up on. Can't decide.
    Still fancy Xiaomi and Razer as outside bets just waiting for one to make a move.

You're always afraid.

And will never be a hero because of it.

Don't keep all your eggs in one basket thinking is how the 0.1% keep the sheep poor.

Save the world, put it all on black.

Thank me later.

Cowabunga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

vargoo wrote: »
    You're always afraid.

And will never be a hero because of it.

Don't keep all your eggs in one basket thinking is how the 0.1% keep the sheep poor.

Save the world, put it all on black.

Thank me later.

Cowabunga.

So how's the head this morning :pac:?

I remember my first beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I remember my first beer.

Ah ok nicely guided back on topic. Was it a Diageo product?

Advertisement