Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Ah ok nicely guided back on topic. Was it a Diageo product?

Nah Diageo is a bit rich for my taste.

Bought The Trade Desk a few days ago, up 7% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

MS and Disney are two of my favourites sorry I didn't buy a lot more of both.
    Haven't bought anything in a while, wondering which is the safer bet to load up on. Can't decide.
    Still fancy Xiaomi and Razer as outside bets just waiting for one to make a move.

Xiaomi might be good for a swing trade next day is critical. keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

hottipper wrote: »
    Xiaomi might be good for a swing trade next day is critical. keep an eye on it.

Is that because of the new listing on the 500?

I think it's got a long way to run yet. They've more active online users than Netflix I think, world's biggest fitness tracker box shifter eclipsing apple and Fitbit etc. Dominating some important markets with mobile devices and they make decnet robot vacuum cleaners to top things off..
    This is a bit of a sleeping Giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

world's biggest fitness tracker box shifter eclipsing apple and Fitbit etc. Dominating some important markets with mobile devices and they make decnet robot vacuum cleaners to top things off.. This is a bit of a sleeping Giant.

And one of the best escooters around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

championc wrote: »
    And one of the best escooters around

Think you might need to check if your scooter was affected by a recall. But I got a few of their products for cheap. But dang nabbit they really are hungry for all your personal info and pushy with their mi cloud. E.g. to install their weather app they want access to your photos and contacts!!! So from a purely evil intention world dominance perspective I think they'll do well.

Their price seems to be heading down though. Catch a falling knife?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

BYND still flying, not a single BUY rec on it though and all the price targets a fraction of where it currently is.

Is that because of the new listing on the 500?

I think it's got a long way to run yet. They've more active online users than Netflix I think, world's biggest fitness tracker box shifter eclipsing apple and Fitbit etc. Dominating some important markets with mobile devices and they make decnet robot vacuum cleaners to top things off..
    This is a bit of a sleeping Giant.

na just ta, looks like it might print a bullish divergance its on a knife edge though might just roll over. we will see shortly i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Have bought a small number of "BLINK Charging"NASDAQ: BLNK. Wanted to get something on electric vehicles. Company looks like it is set to grow. Appreciate opinions on this one, as i am thinking of buying more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Nah Diageo is a bit rich for my taste.

Bought The Trade Desk a few days ago, up 7% today.

Bought a few kks of Hasbro last week. Up 8% today. Been a good week.

Irishder wrote: »
    Have bought a small number of "BLINK Charging"NASDAQ: BLNK. Wanted to get something on electric vehicles. Company looks like it is set to grow. Appreciate opinions on this one, as i am thinking of buying more.

2.22 looked like the bottom
    Id Ladder buys from 2.60 to 2.39.
    Strong resistance at 3.29 - take profits before then and reenter after it dumps (if you like - not financial advice :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ScottCapper

Thargor wrote: »
    BYND still flying, not a single BUY rec on it though and all the price targets a fraction of where it currently is.

Seen a lot of hype for that stock recently a lot of day traders talking about it on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

V might be worth an entry today, typically it drops after earnings even when it beats (as it did yesterday, again) as people take profits and then recovers in the weeks ahead to make new highs. V and MA, talk about bankers, they have beaten the S&P 500 for years now.
    PYPL earnings after the bell tonight, another one worth watching.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

I think Go pro may have bottomed could be worth a punt might put a starter entry here and see how it behaves.
    4.87 entry would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,193 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Does anyone else here have anything invested in wkhs (Workhouse Group) or any thoughts on it. Only have a tiny stake in it just as a long shot with the possibility of the USPS contract and GM deal.

Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ: JACK) looks like its reached the bottom also (currently 74.41) tempting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Nice move today from Nokia. Up 10% on Wall st. earnings beat. They are clearly benefitting from Huawei's struggles.

I'm in the green now by about 15% thinking about bailing out....but can't think of a better place for my $$ presently. Thoughts?

Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) if your feeling brave ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

If it popped 500% it would be even more interesting.

With a Mkt Cap of less than 100M it's well undervalued but has been sliding for nearly a year. Hard to see it climbing all the way back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

hottipper wrote: »
    Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) if your feeling brave ;)

Jim Cramer tore this to shreds last week on his Mad Money podcast (I listen to them in the gym, helps take my mind off the pain when doing cardio!) . I found his arguments quite convincing (Costco and other retails sell what they do cheaper basically).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

After hours interest looks promising but I'd say there's a few of posters on here waiting to break even on a much much higher price :(
    Same with VKTX .

OR MAYBE a good time to average down!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Supercell wrote: »
    Jim Cramer tore this to shreds last week on his Mad Money podcast (I listen to them in the gym, helps take my mind off the pain when doing cardio!) . I found his arguments quite convincing (Costco and other retails sell what they do cheaper basically).

I made a nice bit on BBBY but staying away from retail for the forseeable. Getting burned on retail but up 37% overall since last year so not too bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Interesting in a sort of self flagilatory Sado Mashocistic kind of a way, maybe :-[

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

After hours interest looks promising but I'd say there's a few of posters on here waiting to break even on a much much higher price :(
    Same with VKTX .

OR MAYBE a good time to average down!

Averaging down on a penny stock....

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ScottCapper

I'm gonna buy a few shares in blackstone. they recently switched from partnership to corporation. there assets under management has increased 6 fold from 2007 to 550+ billion it's only going to get better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone still holding Beyond Meat...seems to be dangerously over valued. Don't be greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Very hard to know where to turn now, sold alot lately.Only holding three stocks now tremor international, barrack gold and twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Anyone any thoughts on NIO? I'm up 20% wondering if now is the time to sell.

• Advertisement

Kamu wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts on NIO? I'm up 20% wondering if now is the time to sell.

was watching it today also, up 28% on it so far would like to get another wave out of it daily looking kinda bearish though. will cut it tomorrow if it starts to drop.

Advertisement