Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

Anyone still holding Beyond Meat...seems to be dangerously over valued. Don't be greedy.

The true day of reckoning will be 29th October when 40 odd million shares get unlocked, if there’s any meat left on the bone by then that is ����

I can’t get shorts for love nor money these days either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

XMG wrote: »
    The true day of reckoning will be 29th October when 40 odd million shares get unlocked, if there’s any meat left on the bone by then that is ����

How do you short? Like in degiro how do you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MuttonChop

LXRX tanked after their diabetes drug reached one goal in their current trial, mostly reached a second goal, and failed in the third goal. Their contractual partner Sanofo pulled out of the drug, cancelling their deal, on the back of that news. I'm thinking it's worth a punt in case there's a bit of a rebound, but probably unlikely to go places in the medium term. Even if they do successfully sue saying the contracted was illegally terminated they would likely still need a new partner to bring it to market.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Today I've crossed the rubicon - lowest my portfolio has ever been, over a grand in the red for the first time...Mainly due to Ryanair. I got rid of HIVE too a while back so that was another punt I lost my shirt on! EVR Holdings, Viking and Verastem all going brutal too.

Barrick Gold doing ok for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Ryanair was recommended on here and I bought in.

Collapses straight away, then slowly recovered. Sold again as soon as I broke even.

Sticking with reliables for the time being, Disney, Intel, PayPal(even though they've yo-yoed the last week)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Bad day on the Iseq :-( down 2.3% on the day. All the top 10 companies by Mkt Cap fell by at least 2% (Except Green Reit, only fell 0.5%).

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ScottCapper

Any thoughts on Fitbit? Want to add more retail/consumer good stocks to my portfolio with Christmas just around the corner

http://www.lexpharma.com/media-center/news/718-lexicon-pharmaceuticals-announces-date-change-for-second-quarter-2019-financial-results-conference-call-and-webcast-to-july-31-2019

They moved their earnings call to tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what happens after that. I've taken a small position on it so let's hope for the best :p

MuttonChop wrote: »
    http://www.lexpharma.com/media-center/news/718-lexicon-pharmaceuticals-announces-date-change-for-second-quarter-2019-financial-results-conference-call-and-webcast-to-july-31-2019

They moved their earnings call to tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what happens after that. I've taken a small position on it so let's hope for the best :p

How much is a "small position"?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ScottCapper

$BX’s Joe Zidle believes the current bull market can continue, but investors should prepare for – and lean into – weakness along the way. Read more: (link: https://bit.ly/2Yo0ztB) bit.ly/2Yo0ztB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Kamu wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts on NIO? I'm up 20% wondering if now is the time to sell.

I'm out for 35% profit. Don't trust Chinese companies, NIO has massive losses and a cash problem.

Only thing it has going is China's current promotion of Chinese goods so could receive further grants etc..

How much is a "small position"?

€500 originally, though I just added a few more. My BEP is 1.644.

MuttonChop wrote: »
    €500 originally, though I just added a few more. My BEP is 1.644.

Cheers, mine is about the same.
    Im new enough to this game and it's difficult to know how much people are putting down when they recommend or highlight a stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

$BX’s Joe Zidle believes the current bull market can continue, but investors should prepare for – and lean into – weakness along the way. Read more: (link: https://bit.ly/2Yo0ztB) bit.ly/2Yo0ztB

Fierce rubbish, how many years is it ending now?? I thought bitcoin news was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Cheers, mine is about the same.
    Im new enough to this game and it's difficult to know how much people are putting down when they recommend or highlight a stock.

Need to be putting down a min of about €300 per transaction to allow for transaction charges eating up your potential profits. Especially on some of the more expensive exchanges like FTSE and ASX.

and realistically north of €500 to give yourself a fighting chance

I'm straight out of lxrx. The early call didn't really provide much new information to allay fears. I'll take a hit on the tx fees and whatever the final Delta is when they sell at market open. Should be out for under a €20 loss. Worth it for the gamble that they actually had something positive to report with the early call.

Edit: loss of €27 in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Ryanair was recommended on here and I bought in.

Recommended by who? :)
    I think ppl say their opinion around here rather than recommending.
    FWIW I've lost about 15-25% in Ryanair. I'll stay in for a decade if needs be as I'm sure the company will be around & remain profitable & lean. I'm too chicken on stocks at moment so greater 90% cash.

I'm having a thinking about stock decisions with STG so weak & Brexit mess coming.
    The way I see it is if they figure a deal within the next 6months-year the volatility will give good opportunity for upside beyond 12 months.
    If truly no deal & this blows up cash will be king for much greater than 12 months.

So I haven't a clue but ppl are going to make money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Unless you need the cash within 5-8 years there is absolutely no reason to be in cash (other than if you are someone who can't handle the stress of being down money)

Deal or no-deal brexit, the effect on the global economy will be small

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Seeing some big moves here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

.25 rate cut in states, SPY in free fall there now, back to where we were a month ago. I'm all cash since December and have missed out on massive gains. But think this is the start of the fall so will stay on sidelines for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dammed if they did and damned if they didnt. Can see a 5% pull-back here in the coming days , if it goes any further than that I'll take losses and wait it out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Unless you need the cash within 5-8 years there is absolutely no reason to be in cash (other than if you are someone who can't handle the stress of being down money)

Deal or no-deal brexit, the effect on the global economy will be small

The global economy is in poor shape across the board if you exclude the U. S

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Im 90% invested and doing well. Today was another good day.

I'm saving for the next recession

How do you short? Like in degiro how do you do it?
    I don’t know about degiro, I use interactive brokers

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

XMG wrote: »

Down 6.62% in the grey market today....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

How much of a falling knife is Glanbia?

Bob Harris wrote: »
    How much of a falling knife is Glanbia?

I'm feeling every inch of it. Should have dumped yesterday morning and shorted the thing.

My position is down 35%, down thousands

heffo500 wrote: »
    Down 6.62% in the grey market today....
    My broker basically said get in line with everyone else, chances are slim to none

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    I'm feeling every inch of it. Should have dumped yesterday morning and shorted the thing.

My position is down 35%, down thousands

It's been going downhill all year though.
    Was there no chance to cut your losses earlier on?

• Advertisement

It's been going downhill all year though.
    Was there no chance to cut your losses earlier on?

Put it down to heavy shorting, thought it would bottom at earnings

Piece in the Irish Times this morning about how the company only three months ago predicted strong forward growth, that results were instead so poor has caused markets to question their predictions ability, hence the savaging this past two days.

Advertisement