Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

and AMS down 10%, ive held them for a while, this could make or break them......i think they are overpaying, unless they have and make public the partner they may have helping them with finance.

'AMS’s planned bid is backed by a 4.2 billion-euro bridge loan facility underwritten by UBS (UBSG.S) and HSBC (HSBA.L), which AMS plans to refinance by issuing debt and equity, including raising 1.5 billion euros of new equity.'

If Carlyle/Bain stay in the frame the price is likely to go to €40+

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Just got into these 2 stocks
    Ballard Power BLDP
    Digital Turbines APPS

Digital has already gains of 5.6% this week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Toobz wrote: »
    Anyone think AMD looks overbought on the 6 month chart?

I sold off 150 of them yesterday after buying at about $21
    Still have a few hundred but decided to take some profit and invest elsewhere

Nothing really budging them at moment but I’d say 2020 will be a good year for them and could see low 40’s

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Degiro or interactive brokers?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

vargoo wrote: »
    Degiro or interactive brokers?

Degiro. lowest prices by far.

• Advertisement

Buying long positions in BOI, Dixons, ITV, BT Group and Mediclinic tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭letitroll

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Degiro. lowest prices by far.

Interactive has many more markets for you to access ( India for example which is only the worlds fasting growing large economy).....but that global market access is potentially helping you access ETF’s / index funds that don’t fall foul of the crazy Irish tax regime for such passive vehicles

Interactive has more sophisticated trade routing / order types

IB seems to have way more access to bonds/warrants and even crypto shorting

If just buying Irish shares, think DEGIRO works great too....just IB is kind of a level up in terms of sophistication and flexibility although does carry higher fees for small balances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Yield curves inverting everywhere, stay safe boardsies.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Buying long positions in BOI, Dixons, ITV, BT Group and Mediclinic tomorrow.

So did they ring the bell then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Yield curves inverting everywhere, stay safe boardsies.

Interesting times. Thankfully im in a good financial position if a recession does come, so hopefully ill be able to take advantage if markets drop.

• Advertisement

Interesting times. Thankfully im in a good financial position if a recession does come, so hopefully ill be able to take advantage if markets drop.

Same. Once the job isn't lost haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

I'm actively waiting for a recession to get back into investing. Just don't see much value there at the moment when I believe we're approaching a correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Been with the same multinational for a very long time. Redundancy would be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Providence resources and Kenmare resources at yearly lows today on ISEQ.

Both have pretty good prospects going forward, might represent a buying opportunity. DYOR obviously.

My screen is a sea of red today except for this (that I tipped a few Months back, see above from 17th Jun 2019)

At the time Kenmare were trading at about €2.02 on the ISEQ, €2.70 today....and something definitely stirring :rolleyes: its up 12% in past 2 days, H1 results out 20th August, probably announcement of a dividend.... the big play here though is that they are now making money and will eventually be debt free and thus look good for to be taken out by a big player ...and probably valued at something like €4 or €5 per share.

Incidently Providence were at €0.09 on 17th June ...they are still at €0.09 today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Don't think we'll see a US recession, fundamentals are still going well. Europe is a different story

Also Trump won't let the stock market go into a bear market just before the election, he might let things run a bit but eventually he'll need to do a trade deal in order to claim a win before 2020

Don't think we'll see a US recession, fundamentals are still going well. Europe is a different story

Also Trump won't let the stock market go into a bear market just before the election, he might let things run a bit but eventually he'll need to do a trade deal in order to claim a win before 2020

He won't want to let it go bearish but not sure what his options really are. Only yesterday he said tariffs were delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mmc2010

what are your thoughts on FBD shares? I have some and I am wondering if I should hold them or sell. They have dropped a little recently and I am concerned Brexit will have a significant impact come the fall of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

mmc2010 wrote: »
    what are your thoughts on FBD shares? I have some and I am wondering if I should hold them or sell. They have dropped a little recently and I am concerned Brexit will have a significant impact come the fall of the year.

Brexit has nothing to do with them

UBER down to $33.61 today well below IPO of $45 wonder can it take more of a killing, might be a decent long term hold if they can become more profitable i know at the minute they are subsidising low cost fare etc surely in the future they will have strong cash flows and turn to profitabily like Amazon.

GE down 11.30% today alone to $8.01 as Madoff whistleblower calls it a "bigger fraud than Enron" if they can restructure the company and sell off assets maybe they can survive, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

UBER down to $33.61 today well below IPO of $45 wonder can it take more of a killing, might be a decent long term hold if they can become more profitable i know at the minute they are subsidising low cost fare etc surely in the future they will have strong cash flows and turn to profitabily like Amazon.

GE down 11.30% today alone to $8.01 as Madoff whistleblower calls it a "bigger fraud than Enron" if they can restructure the company and sell off assets maybe they can survive, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Was keeping half an eye on GE, wouldn't go near it now, big fall out from todays accusations and if only half are true it'll be in real trouble.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Was keeping half an eye on GE, wouldn't go near it now, big fall out from todays accusations and if only half are true it'll be in real trouble.

Yup, the company is totally hopeless now obviously there has been fraud committed, sad to see such an historic company in such trouble, Thomas Edison would turn in his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Have Alibaba in my portfolio. Reports today were they had 'smashed earnings estimates'. And they are up.......1.9%..... Hard to make anything these days...The sooner they split the stock the better

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

patience wins this game you don't always need to be in a trade. good times a comm'in

SDRL:NASDAQ entering buy zone for me
    At home group could also be worth a punt.
    HOME:NASDAQ
    NVAX also got some volume coming in after a sell off.
    NVAX:NASDAQ

All high risk trades

hottipper wrote: »

All high risk trades

you love your penny stocks

you love your penny stocks

yeah maybe i don't belong here or maybe start a penny stock thread i don't plan on holding these long

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭sasol

All high risk trades

SDRL - great shout

yeah maybe i don't belong here or maybe start a penny stock thread i don't plan on holding these long

share are shares regardless of their worth. You belong here as much as anyone.

• Advertisement

American airlines are at 2016 prices could to be ready soon :pac::pac:

Advertisement