Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Gruffalo22 wrote: »
    Kamu wrote: »
    I've a couple of holdings that are up 20%, but they're.for dividends AT&T and the likes, not sure If I'll sell or hold?

I'm talking in total across your portfolio. I started in March 2018 when the S&P 500 was around 2690 and it is now 2887 - up 7% over the period. I'm up 12% but was much higher. At one point I was was triple the S&P gain. They say it is very hard to beat the market these days. I was down substantially at christmas but held everything through this years run.

Just wondering how others are getting on

Put 48 k in the markets before Xmas, at it's height in March it was worth 59k

Worth 56500 today, went as low as 53500 about seven weeks ago

I've only 10k in the market since about three weeks ago, will sell all tomorrow if news is bad, buying a house in 2021,can't trust the market over eighteen months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Amazing how a few tweets about nonsense can turn a red market and bad numbers - green. Complete market manipulation.

Amazing how a few tweets about nonsense can turn a red market and bad numbers - green. Complete market manipulation.

We were over sold and wall st now expects even larger fed cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cloud stocks mostly doing good today, made a bit on OKTA, regretting that I didnt hold longer.
    Some good accumulation on ZS last few days, think this might pop up hard soon too.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭littlevillage

ISEQ up almost 4% today after Leo's positive warblings last night. My portfolio is heavy with Irish Stocks soo maybe the biggest single day uplift to my portfolio ....ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

100% the biggest single uptick I've had in a day (still way waaaaayyy in the red though). Ryanair and Barclays huge movers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Sell sell sell! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I'm sure the lovely uptick I had today will evaporate next week when the Tories reveal its just more time-wasting.

Still though, its a pretty picture all the green arrows :) Well done to anyone who jumped on Ryanair when it went below €9.

Umaro wrote: »
    I'm sure the lovely uptick I had today will evaporate next week when the Tories reveal its just more time-wasting.

Still though, its a pretty picture all the green arrows :) Well done to anyone who jumped on Ryanair when it went below €9.

I had a buy order at 7.72, made money on it in first quarter, cant win em all, glanbia finished in the red yesterday, that stock hurt me this year but still up 14% overall, dumped too late, still below where I got out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Yesterday was great for VKTX and VSTM ....need a few more days like that, to try to get back into the green.

Whats happening with A40 ? is it offically trading yet on the ASX ?

Ah A40. Easily my worst trade. Looks totally in the bin baring a total miracle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

bought TATA motors 2 weeks ago
    near 10 year low

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Evrh just jumped 30 odd %. Any insight as to why?

beertons wrote: »
    Evrh just jumped 30 odd %. Any insight as to why?

I see that yea - dropped back immediately though. Anyway...my BEP is €15:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

SES - closed at $1.80 on Thursday, I toyed with $3.33 (could have got it for around $3) on Friday but didn't bite, currently $22.50, nice profit for any holders
    Edit: Make that $24.50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    SES - closed at $1.80 on Thursday, I toyed with $3.33 (could have got it for around $3) on Friday but didn't bite, currently $22.50, nice profit for any holders

Short it all the way back down!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I see that yea - dropped back immediately though. Anyway...my BEP is €15:o

How much? Do you mean pence?

beertons wrote: »
    How much? Do you mean pence?

I do indeed

Aphria up nicely today after posting profits for a second quarter. Took a hammering after HEXO's dismal results last week losing about 20% so loaded up. Not sure whether to take profit. I think this could be $10+ in 2020. It would help if some of the other MJ brands got their act together.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Bob Harris wrote: »

Down to 12$ now and falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Down to 12$ now and falling.

Like a knife!

• Advertisement

Big swings as afternoon went on , Brexit noises were semi positive...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Aphria up nicely today after posting profits for a second quarter. Took a hammering after HEXO's dismal results last week losing about 20% so loaded up. Not sure whether to take profit. I think this could be $10+ in 2020. It would help if some of the other MJ brands got their act together.
    Take and run.

Was up 30+% last posting and slowly fell all the way back down over few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Where canopy goes the rest will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

There wasn’t a short to be had unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Asos up 23% today, despite profit warnings. Time to bank this while in the green ahead of brexit

Negativity coming from The DUP, sterling's down again...but the UK banks going gangbusters regardless? The market knows something...

Negativity coming from The DUP, sterling's down again...but the UK banks going gangbusters regardless? The market knows something...

Sterling is down?

We have a Brexit deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

We have a Brexit deal.

Johnson says we have a brexit deal.
    It still needs to get agreed by parliament and the EU officially.
    Corbyn says its a terrible deal and worse than what was negotiated by May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Are people forgetting May had a Brexit deal as well that was destroyed in Parliament?

Agreeing a deal with the EU was never really the problem, it was Parliament agreeing on what they want in a deal

Advertisement