Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Lovely bounce in share prices this morning.

Bank of Ireland +9%
    Permanent TSB +8%
    AIB +6.5%
    Ryanair +6%
    Paddy Power +5%

Most ISEQ companies reacting well to the GE result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Umaro wrote: »

Bank of Ireland +9%

Now down just 45% in 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Parom wrote: »
    Another stock (long term play for me) that also pay a dividend is GEO, 14 USD a share. Currently beaten down by Warren's statements in US, however business is solid and growing. Current price divi yield is 13.7% and i expect capital appreciation as well in long term.

Nice recovery on this one was thinking of cutting it i'm +4.5% today more to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Umaro wrote: »
    Lovely bounce in share prices this morning.

Bank of Ireland +9%
    Permanent TSB +8%
    AIB +6.5%
    Ryanair +6%
    Paddy Power +5%

Most ISEQ companies reacting well to the GE result.

Got tullow oil oil on Monday up 45% only sorry I didn’t buy a bit more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Irishder wrote: »
    Only have 550 shares, very new to this but I am going to hold out for the long term here. Hopefully positive results will drive it on further

Market not reacting well to the news
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/proteostasis-therapeutics-announces-positive-phase-2-topline-results-from-proprietary-cftr-modulator-combinations-in-f508del-homozygous-cystic-fibrosis-patients-300975986.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Cute Hoor wrote: »

This is up 400% in one month, unless the news was outrageously good it was always going to drop so a classic sell the news scenario. Sold mine bar a handful and might even chance a flip this morning as it might well be oversold.

Boeing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Cute Hoor wrote: »

Yeah i bought at 0.9 so still up. I was expecting a great run on my first stock purchase :) Good learning all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Irishder wrote: »
    Yeah i bought at 0.9 so still up. I was expecting a great run on my first stock purchase :) Good learning all the same

From 0.98 to nearly $5 you got a great run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,061 ✭✭✭✭neris

Got tullow oil oil on Monday up 45% only sorry I didn’t buy a bit more

and if theyd gone the other way youd be wishing youd only bought half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭scooby77

Dalata down over 6.5% today. The market obviously didnt like their updated trading statement today, which I didnt think was too bad..
    https://www.rte.ie/amp/1101839/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

SDRL having a great month and up 17% today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Treppen

Only a small story but could have legs given the mistrust of Chinese providers. Although we still buy their products so....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/greenland-ericsson-huawei-5g-1.5402788?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

Is Ericsson anything to write home about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Another stupid week in US. Portfolio up another 3% today.

Nearly 12% since start of November, and that's across 17 stocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Nuformix (nfx) could be one for next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lenovo is another one to watch for 2020, I think it's got a hot potato on its hands with the Razr, release has been stalled to increase production. It's recently been upgraded and it's pc and enterprises business is doing well. It's share price isn't doing great pretty much sideways for for the last 3yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Time for a 2020 thread? On the sidelines now myself despite missing out on mega gains. Still 90% in crypto for now. Might wait until US presidential elections before entering s&p again.

Time for a 2020 thread? On the sidelines now myself despite missing out on mega gains. Still 90% in crypto for now. Might wait until US presidential elections before entering s&p again.

Same as that out of most trades now still got china mobile and geo group stops set might close them out today. great year overall lets see what next year brings.
    Anyways Happy hols folks some great suggestions found here lets keep it going :pac::pac::pac:

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    SDRL having a great month and up 17% today

another great start to the day from SDRL, up 20+%

Seadrill Limited (“Seadrill”) has secured a multiple well contract with VEnergy AS for the West Phoenix for work on the Balder re-development project in Norway

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Tesla finally hit 420, funding secured..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Bought Kainos Group, think it should see continued strong gains into 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Treppen

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Tesla finally hit 420, funding secured..

Yaaaa 4:20
    it's a sign man

epuexBl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

Bios are the new SAAS for 2020 is my prediction

heffo500 wrote: »

Are you bullish on the UK economy next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Are you bullish on the UK economy next year?

I am, I think a lot of UK stocks are undervalued. Next purchase for me in January will be London Stock Exchange Group Shares along with a FTSE 250 ETF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

I am, I think a lot of UK stocks are undervalued. Next purchase for me in January will be London Stock Exchange Group Shares along with a FTSE 250 ETF

Ftse is not far off all time highs and you think its zombie companies are undervalued. Christ. Can nobody see that the fundamentals are horrible for next year. Or does Brexit, debt to gdp and budget deficits and really high corporate and household debt just not matter any more?

SDRL another 17% today

For any of you commodity folks Uranium may be a decent investment.. It is currently trading at historic lows at one stage in 2007 just before the financial crash it was $130/lb now it is around $26 per lb. specially as we move towards more sustainable sources of energy, interesting letter linked below for this call for nuclear power. Maybe more interest will be sparked towards Nuclear in the US once trump is gone as his administration continues to burn coal like no tomorrow..

3 companies that come to mind are Cameco Corp, Nexgen Energy and Uranium Energy Corp. There is also the Global X Uranium ETF which holds all of the three, however they also include companies which are simply just building the mining facilities and thus are not necessarily Uranium producers which may not be attractive.

Letter: EU must include nuclear power in its list of sustainable sources https://www.ft.com/content/0b9ea00a-2004-11ea-b8a1-584213ee7b2b

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭peterofthebr

XMG wrote: »
    Bios are the new SAAS for 2020 is my prediction

whats 'Bios' is that a company name? your not referring to firmware are you?

• Advertisement

i don't want to scare you out of a trade or anything but this looks a little risky to me, its at an all time high + had a good 75% run already id wait for some kinda pullback before jumping in unless of course your super bullish on it.

Advertisement