Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭peterofthebr

im a big fan of BHP if the share gets a little cheaper-nice dividends but if brexit gets closer to a no deal gbp will fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

whats 'Bios' is that a company name? your not referring to firmware are you?

Biotechnology I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Biotechnology I believe.

Tell us more ! What companies interest u , if u don’t mind - thks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I like PavMed for 2020 and beyond

Ticker: PAVM

has been doing well lately

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I like PavMed for 2020 and beyond

Ticker: PAVM

has been doing well lately

I think the OP was looking for an explanation as to why you'd think a company that has not managed to produce a single cent of revenue in 5 years and seen it working capital reduced year on year is going to finance operations and generate revenue for '2020 and beyond'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 cosybeach

JD sports ticker JD. bought on a rare recent dip 2 weeks ago up 16%, already up 146% ytd 727% in 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

DuPont de Nemours, Inc. ticker: (DD)

Currently shaking out the non believers :pac::pac::pac:
    bottoms in target 140+ long term swing not a get rich quick trade by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

One speculative stock in 2020 for me is DataDog #DDOG
    I’ll be adding Cisco Systems (dividend) and adding more Microsoft.
    IF Tesla drops considerably, I’ll be adding. I’m thinking around $300 would be a point I’d add. Will I get that? Who knows..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Maybe a stupid question, but do we have to pay deemed disposable tax on European etfs? I was looking at the FTSE 250, but don't fancy paying tax every 8 years if I do sell!

Thanks

cosybeach wrote: »
    JD sports ticker JD. bought on a rare recent dip 2 weeks ago up 16%, already up 146% ytd 727% in 5 years

One of the very few mentioned that might be worth a look, although timing would be an issue as the PE is a whooping 30! And the dramatic increase in debt interest would want explaining.....

• Advertisement

I have not done much research with respect to biotech but I would stay away from the industry, most of the large cap stocks are overvalued, many of the small and mid caps have no decent drug pipelines and aren’t even creating revenue.

Absolutely sickened with JD Sports could have got in a few months ago it was on my radar and all...

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Absolutely sickened with JD Sports could have got in a few months ago it was on my radar and all...

With a P/E running around 30 it is most likely over priced, do you home work, calculate the target price, review regularly and simply wait, the opportunity will present itself.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    With a P/E running around 30 it is most likely over priced, do you home work, calculate the target price, review regularly and simply wait, the opportunity will present itself.

I seen that alright, that’s a good bit above the industry average. Must have a look through the companies financial statements see what’s the full story.

I think the OP was looking for an explanation as to why you'd think a company that has not managed to produce a single cent of revenue in 5 years and seen it working capital reduced year on year is going to finance operations and generate revenue for '2020 and beyond'

Don’t recall that question from the OP

Just asked which bios have interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

hottipper wrote: »
    i don't want to scare you out of a trade or anything but this looks a little risky to me, its at an all time high + had a good 75% run already id wait for some kinda pullback before jumping in unless of course your super bullish on it.

I have information that leads me to believe this will do well next year

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cosybeach

One of the very few mentioned that might be worth a look, although timing would be an issue as the PE is a whooping 30! And the dramatic increase in debt interest would want explaining.....

One division the outdoor segment reported increased first half losses want to see if this continued in H2, trading update soon, approx round about 13th January

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

A very welcome jump for NIO today. I sold up at 4.50, a little less than I bought in at but I'm thankful for the chance to get out. Not the wisest investment, can't see them lasting long!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

crushproof wrote: »
    A very welcome jump for NIO today. I sold up at 4.50, a little less than I bought in at but I'm thankful for the chance to get out. Not the wisest investment, can't see them lasting long!

Good sales numbers and outlook is positive too.
    They need to announce a solid finance package that is preferably non-dilutive and this would see the price advance more. Huge short covering today I'd imagine so the price will probably retrace a bit the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    SDRL another 17% today

Looks like being another bumper New Years eve for you, up around 20% pre market

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Parom

Check the gold and silver miners: AG, GOLD, NEM, etc. silver and gold seem to be on a an uptrend.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Good sales numbers and outlook is positive too.
    They need to announce a solid finance package that is preferably non-dilutive and this would see the price advance more. Huge short covering today I'd imagine so the price will probably retrace a bit the next few days.

Sold myself today, made a profit so I can't argue, it's an interesting stock for sure.

Parom wrote: »
    Check the gold and silver miners: AG, GOLD, NEM, etc. silver and gold seem to be on a an uptrend.

Any thoughts on any of the junior miners? US/Canadian

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im on hols and only phone access, but i noticed my portfolio has gained about 12% in the past few days to break even overall after 14 mths behind. Noidea whats caused it....ryanair? Nio?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Might be worth keeping an eye on Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE), sp doubled on Monday after announcing that it had rejected an offer from two biopharma companies to acquire all outstanding stock at $3-$5 per share in cash. It has retraced a bit since then.

Took a while to take off but doing so today after announcing that they are considering a 7 dollar offer

and has gone up about 30+% since this post

I was only saying...:P

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/11/05/1941027/0/en/PAVmed-Secures-Financing-up-to-14-Million-for-Advancement-of-its-Lead-Products-to-Commercialization.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That drop in China has to be the easiest 10% you'll ever make on the recovery, any suggestions for an ETF focused on China?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Thargor wrote: »
    That drop in China has to be the easiest 10% you'll ever make on the recovery, any suggestions for an ETF focused on China?

Personally, I wouldn’t invest in China persay, but if you look at most large (global) companies, they would have investments there.
    I invested in MCHFX in 2007 and sold out in 2012.

This may be a blip for China , or it may start a landslide. There is little to no monitoring of companies in China, one week a factory is making sneakers, next week solar panels,the next week bankrupt.
    Just my opinion, but I’m at a loss myself how to make money at the moment myself, my stocks are up about 70% in 12 months, but I’m down 11% since Friday.
    I’ll be buying over the next month, but don’t know what yet 🀷ðŸ»*♂️

Advertisement