Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

People here were tipping Viking for about $18ish a while before the correction.

Is that still on the cards?

It's about $8 now and I've a small position with BEP of $12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

37% of shares are short, any half decent catalyst to push the price up would be boosted by shorts covering and you could easily see a spike back up to $12/13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I picked up some NOK yesterday at $5.97, supposed to be part of my longer term core holdings but today I see Moodys downgraded them, worried that I should get out now before this heads terminally south, anyone else got any thoughts?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Has the January Rally ended?

Sketchy few days in the states at least.

Going to cash out a small portion (maybe 20%) of my own holdings over the next week.

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    I picked up some NOK yesterday at $5.97, supposed to be part of my longer term core holdings but today I see Moodys downgraded them, worried that I should get out now before this heads terminally south, anyone else got any thoughts?

At that price I'd probably hold for now, hasn't seen the same gains as other similar stocks so I'd say there's less down side compared to some of the bigger players.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Supercell wrote: »

Why you giving moody any credibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Has the January Rally ended?

Sketchy few days in the states at least.

Going to cash out a small portion (maybe 20%) of my own holdings over the next week.

Think it might. But I think it might make another rally like January again.

I think Trump will not allow the market to not be in good nick going into an election, that's his bread and butter for showcasing his term.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I've seen RGSE mentioned here a few times. It seems dependent on the US housing numbers which appear under pressure so I stayed away. Am i taking a very simplistic view?

Tanked AH, it's getting de listed in a few weeks and going OTC. Possible overreaction in terms of the drop, maybe stop losses. Still better than a reverse split, foundations don't change.

I'll just have to hang in there.

Tanked AH, it's getting de listed in a few weeks and going OTC. Possible overreaction in terms of the drop, maybe stop losses. Still better than a reverse split, foundations don't change.

I'll just have to hang in there.

Well that sucks, I picked up a few so they can gather dust for a while until they either disappear or become the Apple of solar shingles.

Reverse splits do nothing but delay the inevitable as the price always gets sucked back down.

It's funny how HMNY which has been about a cent for months is still listed.

• Advertisement

vargoo wrote: »
    Why you giving moody any credibility?
    Looks like others agree, it up over 3% yesterday regardless :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

At that price I'd probably hold for now, hasn't seen the same gains as other similar stocks so I'd say there's less down side compared to some of the bigger players.

Yep, I overlaid SPY on it for the last few years in TradingView and it doesn't follow the market much from what I can see, I'm hoping with 5G and Huawei getting banned everywhere in the west that there is long term growth in it.

Well that sucks, I picked up a few so they can gather dust for a while until they either disappear or become the Apple of solar shingles.

Reverse splits do nothing but delay the inevitable as the price always gets sucked back down.

Agreed All we can do is hope shorts cover before OTC. Company didn't want to RS in middle of new product launch and directors have decent holdings, they were buying recently in the high .50's.

I think long were golden.

A funny day though, made a good 600 on HIVE and lost more or less that exact amount on RGSE! Typical..

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭covey123

Having seen the shortage of socks on the Late Late on Friday night, I'm guessing a good time to invest in sock stocks as demand seems to be low,any thoughts ;-)

Picked up another 1000 @ .36 to lessen the pain, looks to have started a recovery already.

Not sure how things will fare with Degiro not trading OTC.

RGSE looking like a short squeeze

Made 27% on RGSE dip buy today, anyone else dip their toes ? Going to ride it long OTC, nice to get BEP down.

Saw Illumina tipped somewhere. Need to do more homework but holding 1 for now.

Thinking BRKB as a semi predictable market hedge, exited at 207 before Christmas, appetising again now until economy woes are clarified.

Picked up another 1000 @ .36 to lessen the pain, looks to have started a recovery already.

Not sure how things will fare with Degiro not trading OTC.

I asked them about OTC trades previously. Said they couldn't do it until the price was back above a dollar and off the OTC, alternative was to transfer share to another broker who does allow OTC trades.

37% of shares are short, any half decent catalyst to push the price up would be boosted by shorts covering and you could easily see a spike back up to $12/13.

Gilead's NASH drug failed on their endpoint so MDGL and VKTX got a boost in AH last night up 10% and 5% respectively. Gilead's was a phase 3 study so it's gives others a chance to catch up.

I asked them about OTC trades previously. Said they couldn't do it until the price was back above a dollar and off the OTC, alternative was to transfer share to another broker who does allow OTC trades.

Do you know of that's for buying, selling or both? I know some smaller brokers can still sell them for you. Tricky either way.

• Advertisement

Do you know of that's for buying, selling or both? I know some smaller brokers can still sell them for you. Tricky either way.

My query was about selling, I'd imagine it's for both though but open to correction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Gilead's NASH drug failed on their endpoint so MDGL and VKTX got a boost in AH last night up 10% and 5% respectively. Gilead's was a phase 3 study so it's gives others a chance to catch up.

Took a wild punt on VKTX last year as it was being tipped strongly on here. But it has been an absolute disaster for me. My BEP is about $16. I wonder should I bail out today ....its up 11% to about $9 ???

or could this possibly be the begining of a major recovery.....where I might get my money back? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Took a wild punt on VKTX last year as it was being tipped strongly on here. But it has been an absolute disaster for me. My BEP is about $16. I wonder should I bail out today ....its up 11% to about $9 ???

or could this possibly be the begining of a major recovery.....where I might get my money back? :confused:

Why is it up? My BEP is $14.16

Why is it up? My BEP is $14.16

Gilead's Nash drug failed to meet end point in trial so other competing NASH drugs have caught up a bit and SP is getting a bit of a boost.
    I'm long VKTX but got in at 7.90 last week and out today at 9.10.
    It owed me a few quid.

TTWO dipping again for anyone who missed the last one looking to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

TTWO dipping again for anyone who missed the last one looking to get in.

What's your outlook for TTWO?

I've own shares for about a year now but they're back below where I bought them. My concern is that RDR2 online will not become the cash cow that GTA online has become.

What's your outlook for TTWO?

I've own shares for about a year now but they're back below where I bought them. My concern is that RDR2 online will not become the cash cow that GTA online has become.

I'm thinking long term so ideally hoping for a nice run once the next GTA is announced (if and whenever that is). Think there's far more upside than downside. Not much of a gamer at all but jaysus am I hooked on RDR2. Some game ! I think people will get sick of fortnight soon enough and get back to the likes of this. Not sure how anyone plays it.

What happens if a stock I hold delists off from the exchange?
    If a stock you hold delists off from the exchange, to close the position you must place an email order to orders@degiro.ie instructing the trade. It is not possible to increase an existing position

Have asked them to clarify this via email. Unbelievable recovery from last Friday thankfully.

What happens if a stock I hold delists off from the exchange?
    If a stock you hold delists off from the exchange, to close the position you must place an email order to orders@degiro.ie instructing the trade. It is not possible to increase an existing position

Have asked them to clarify this via email. Unbelievable recovery from last Friday thankfully.

It's at my BEP more or less so inclined to let it sit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I'm thinking long term so ideally hoping for a nice run once the next GTA is announced (if and whenever that is). Think there's far more upside than downside. Not much of a gamer at all but jaysus am I hooked on RDR2. Some game ! I think people will get sick of fortnight soon enough and get back to the likes of this. Not sure how anyone plays it.

My problem is I'm not sure what the future of gaming is, you see EAs stock jump nicely recently because they released a game that is competing with Fortnite, my theory is that this is now the future of gaming as far as investors are concerned.

Of course you're still going to have the "hard-core" gamers who have no interest in Fortnite but there are a lot more casual gamers who will play it.

Advertisement